PDA

View Full Version : the art of Alex Grey

Convoy_X
02-11-2003, 05:01 AM
http://www.alexgrey.com/a-gallery.html he did the art work for "Lateralus" and his stuff is outstanding i just wanted to share

Nirvana
02-11-2003, 05:47 AM
yeah your right... these pictures are fucking great... amazing...

seeyouauntie
02-11-2003, 09:04 PM
i was fortunate enough to receive his "Transfigurations" book, autographed by Alex Grey i might add, for christmas!! Wonderful book, its great to read as well, he is a bit odd but what do you expect.

Convoy_X
02-12-2003, 03:08 AM
just by looking at his work i would say he is happy and can look at things in a difrent way and has the talent to put it in to his art i wish my wife could see it the way i do. but i would not call him odd.

bfusion
02-15-2003, 12:56 PM
Alex Grey's, "The mission of art" is an stimulating book that outlines many of Alex Grey's accomplishments/creations in many fields of art. His extensive knowledge of both physical and metaphysical anatomy makes his art work all the more intriguing.

SRx71
02-15-2003, 01:09 PM
I have seen his art. It's very good. I believe he designed the figure that's being transformed and ascending in the Parabola. I would give alot to own one of his peices of art, and I'm already thinking about purchasing one right now.

flipmojo
02-15-2003, 01:57 PM
Tell your wife that it is only weird when it is referenced to something else. Its art so it just is... what it is. Look, but don't reference. Maybe that will help?? She may be referencing it to a paradigm she has about something she feels from his art.

My wife had a similar reaction only she said it made her feel weird when she looked at his work. She couldn't understand it because it felt scary and good at the same time to her. After awhile she began to adapt and now she thinks his work is great. Its all part of change.

Vagabondmemoirs
02-15-2003, 09:13 PM
i went to NYC in January to see his work in person...it was amazing...life altering stuff...wow!

MakeItNew
02-17-2003, 08:47 PM
I, too, am a fan of Alex Grey's work. My favorite trademark of his would have to be his frequent use of the eye. This is perhaps most apparent in "Dying." Taking into account that his work is psychedelic in nature and therefore greatly influenced by altered states of consciousness, mainly hallucinogenic drugs, I believe the eye is meant to symbolize the removed state of perception that can be achieved through experimenting with altered states... whether via drug use, meditation, or other means. His mastery in the use of color and placement are also unparalleled.