PDA

View Full Version : Ban anyone who claims they "get" Tool

Limo
02-10-2003, 06:59 PM
Anyone who claims to "get" Tool, or some other offshoot of any related philosophy should be thoroughly spanked and reprimanded.

Just my opinion of course, but people who claim they "get" something usually dont have the first clue about what it is that they "get".

In no way do I claim to "get" anything, I just like reading about stuff and learning new things.

Thanks for listening,
Limo.
:)

jpmanson
02-10-2003, 07:03 PM
ill agree with that.. but only to an extent.. there are things that i think i do understand, even if i have trouble explaining them..

Limo
02-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by jpmanson
ill agree with that.. but only to an extent.. there are things that i think i do understand, even if i have trouble explaining them..

I completely agree with you, there are some basic (and some more complicated) principles that I have an understanding of.

It just shits me when people come out and say "I get Tool".

jpmanson
02-10-2003, 07:15 PM
there are certain things that i dotn think are possible for peopel to understand, say a person has a philosophy for life, other people cant understand it the way the originator does.

this is because of certain experiences that the originator went through that led to these realizations.. another person will never have the same experiences, and hence will never fully comprhend the philosophy.

seeker
02-11-2003, 02:34 AM
why is it that so many people go ballistic when the words "get" and "tool" appear next to one another? the idea that people claiming this should be banned is ludicrous... i'd wager a vast majority of those claiming to "get tool" have just realized the impact tool has had on their personas, and are attempting to reflect that in words. i don't think anyone here believes they understand every aspect of what tool is, and very few would claim to be privy to some sort of secret lingo.

i myself have at one point typed that i "get" something about tool... and at the time i typed that, i felt it was true. what i got was inspiration to live better, create better, become better. and that's something one might "get" from tool. not "receive" mind you, but "get". it's an inadequate word meant to describe a brilliant feeling, and it should in no way be disparaged the way it has been.

if you don't agree with the word usage, ignore it or ask the person to explain. obviously, if it is someone just jumping on the bandwagon of tool buddhas, they won't be able to explain what it is they "get". on the other hand, if they truly have derived some sort of personal meaning from the band, they will be happy to share. so before you point your finger at everyone who would claim to "get" something, open your mind to the possibilities... you may find yourself adversely affected.

dan
02-11-2003, 12:57 PM
I GET TOOL, MOTHERFUCKER!

there, happy?

*bans self*

*whacked for being rediculous*