PDA

View Full Version : Tool live dvd and movie RUMOUR

Spongebob
06-10-2005, 04:12 PM
read this at www.distortiononline.com

06/10/05 02:32 PM
- More DVD speculation: It was announced last week that A Perfect Circle will NOT be releasing any live material in the near-future. This is expected as they are done for the time being. I read a post on ToolArmy today that seems rather interesting.

Posted by jamcnew "It was reported today that Tool's dvd will be released July 26th. The name will be simply TOOL LIVE In addition to the live music there is a movie on it. The movie was said to be in the style of Pink Floyd's "The Wall". There are 6 songs in the movie. These are not songs that will be on their upcoming cd. The article also stated that they have been working on this since the days of Aenima. Running time is 66 minutes. Rolling Stone said that they will have a full review of it in the next issue of their magazine. RS says the information came from a guy who works at the company manufacturing the dvd. They didn't believe him initially until he sent them a copy of it. I forgot the link but you can just search it on their web page. I am sure we will have a post from the band by tomorrow in light of this news."

Well, I'm not really sure what to think. This does seem possible, but until we get official confirmation on this, please take this news with a grain of salt. It was already said in the February Newsletter that the live DVD would probably after the new album, so stay tuned for more on this... -EyeChakra

as eyechakra said, it seems possible, it would explain why the dvd has taken ages to be released, and i remember blair said awhile back that the dvd is still being edited and will be released after the new album, along with some other special treats that have been in the works for awhile.

heres what he said in the february newsletter: "Okay, the recording sessions are going very well, although it's still too early in the process for there to be a specific release date. Ditto with the live DVD, which isn't finished being edited yet, and which probably won't be released until after the new CD, perhaps in tandem with some other goodies that have been in the works for a while. Did you see Pinocchio's Daring Journey next door? Well, the band has its own Mr. Stromboli to deal with these days. Whoa!, that water stain in the boiler room looks like... the head of John the Baptist! Imagineering at its finest, don't you guys think?"

people_do_like_me
06-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Bollocks!
Didn't somebody on this forum start that rumor?

morgoth's shadow
06-10-2005, 04:41 PM
if this isn't true the guy who claimed it is deserves neutering.

Tyro
06-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Hell, I'll do it.

vic1torious
06-10-2005, 05:59 PM
that seems so fuckin awesome

Orph8998
06-10-2005, 06:16 PM
its true

GregoryWohlwend
06-10-2005, 06:38 PM
::shits pants::

Fap
06-10-2005, 06:39 PM
It's bullshit. His reply to his own thread:

that's just a rumor I started....most likely not true

GregoryWohlwend
06-10-2005, 06:51 PM
::unshits pants::

c4nnon_fodder
06-10-2005, 07:33 PM

Eww.

Andy DV
06-10-2005, 07:38 PM
read this at www.distortiononline.com

Imagineering at its finest, don't you guys think?"

anythings possible, as long as you imagineer it - where ideas can hang out, and do whatever!

Spongebob
06-10-2005, 07:45 PM
this is what the band members have been up to since touring in 2002:
mjk: busy with apc and being a dick
danny: busy with skinny puppy, drum clinics, pygmys, being cool.
justin: did a bit with isis, probably just being a stoner.
adam: ??????

i think tools music videos are really amazing, the ten minute parabola music video kicks ass, adam could make some crazy wierd movie with some tool music in it, like longer than just one song length.

but yeah, i doubt this rumour is true about the 6 new songs not on the album and the july release date and rollingstone stuff. but even still, the music videos for the new album will definetly be something to look out for, maybe adam will do a video for the 18 minute track.

Orph8998
06-11-2005, 10:01 AM
no, it is true, you are all wrong

waffel
06-11-2005, 10:04 AM
no, it is true, you are all wrong

Thanks for clearing it up!

Orph8998
06-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks for clearing it up!

thats why im here

TheInsideSource
06-11-2005, 10:56 AM
I couldn't really see Tool releasing a DVD simply called "TOOL LIVE", how uninspiring?!

kyyuulle
06-11-2005, 01:17 PM
6 songs?

66 minutes?

i'll believe it when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet

Sine Nobilitas
06-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Damn it, why do people have to come up with such cool rumors?

Fuckers...

Spongebob
06-11-2005, 06:28 PM
why would i laugh my ass off, will it not be isis? because the only band tool has mentioned so far has been isis, making it highly likely. i would like to see isis open up for tool, maybe they wont support them when they come down here though.

blue/shimmering
06-11-2005, 06:32 PM
i still question wether tool would actually DO a live DVD, seeing as though their quite a bit of emphasis on the projections and not the band at the shows.

maybe if you rearrange the letter of "theres a live Tool DVD coming out some time" you get a half a lyric from one of the songs on the new album.

o00mega00
06-11-2005, 07:52 PM
i still question wether tool would actually DO a live DVD, seeing as though their quite a bit of emphasis on the projections and not the band at the shows.

maybe if you rearrange the letter of "theres a live Tool DVD coming out some time" you get a half a lyric from one of the songs on the new album.

lol...........fucking genious.

Carny_Handles
06-11-2005, 11:59 PM

How many times do i need to tell you assclowns there is a live dvd in the works. I was fortunate enough to be at one of the last 5 shows on their last tour... actually i was at the second to last show, anyways. I noticed cameras everywhere even before maynard mentioned they were filming, so they have live footage.. they're not going to whack off to it.. they will sell it. have some patience.

Im personally thrilled about there being talks of a 'the wall' type movie included with it, that will be so fucking awesome to watch.. ON WEED!!

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
06-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Im personally thrilled about there being talks of a 'the wall' type movie included with it, that will be so fucking awesome to watch.. ON WEED!!
Silly stoner.

I guess, if the review doesn't show up in the next issue of Rolling Stone the rumor will be merely 10% true.

o00mega00
06-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Silly stoner.

I guess, if the review doesn't show up in the next issue of Rolling Stone the rumor will be merely 10% true.

Yeah, but that 10% of the time it's true 100% of the time

Spongebob
06-12-2005, 02:50 PM
it sounds very likely at this point.

Ocelot199
06-13-2005, 05:59 PM
this has probably been mentioned... but if you check out toolband, blair talks about VOLTO! not being able to do a show this month because the drummer (DC) is busy with tool, but that he'll probably be free to give a show next month. So maybe the July release date is right.

"Just a quick heads up for fans of VOLTO!. In that Danny's is pretty busy at the moment with his other band, it doesn't look like there will be a Volto! show in June. However, a July date is looking good according to JZ and Danny (TBA)"

MasterOfKtulu109
06-13-2005, 09:51 PM
this has probably been mentioned... but if you check out toolband, blair talks about VOLTO! not being able to do a show this month because the drummer (DC) is busy with tool, but that he'll probably be free to give a show next month. So maybe the July release date is right.

"Just a quick heads up for fans of VOLTO!. In that Danny's is pretty busy at the moment with his other band, it doesn't look like there will be a Volto! show in June. However, a July date is looking good according to JZ and Danny (TBA)"

if the album was going to be released in the next month, there would have been some info (even if it is scarce and vague) by now, especially since most albums are completed and produced at least a month before release.

the earliest this album could come out is the rumored august 16 date, which is possible, but i still don't think it will happen.

Ocelot199
06-13-2005, 11:35 PM
if the album was going to be released in the next month, there would have been some info (even if it is scarce and vague) by now, especially since most albums are completed and produced at least a month before release.

the earliest this album could come out is the rumored august 16 date, which is possible, but i still don't think it will happen.

maybe the thing about danny having time next month is trying to say that they'll be done with the recording stuff (or editing, if its the dvd) by the end of this month... cause after the band is done doing their thing, its off to other people who mess with it for a while. that works with the august release, too. i think.

waffel
06-14-2005, 12:00 AM
maybe the thing about danny having time next month is trying to say that they'll be done with the recording stuff (or editing, if its the dvd) by the end of this month... cause after the band is done doing their thing, its off to other people who mess with it for a while. that works with the august release, too. i think.

I like this train of thought.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
06-14-2005, 03:36 AM
Wait I'm lost here a bit... first of all what exactly is VOLTO?

assailing eyes
06-14-2005, 05:00 AM

as far as i'm aware its another one of danny's bands...

Ocelot199
06-14-2005, 06:01 AM

a little band dannys in. http://www.voltoband.com/main.htm

cureformax
06-14-2005, 06:26 AM
I, for one, will not pay attention to these rumours; I will, however, pay attention to any rumors that are out there.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
06-14-2005, 07:02 AM
as far as i'm aware its another one of danny's bands...
Thanks guys, 'cause whenever I hear of Volto I get a flashback of one of BMBs updates that VOLTO isn't TOOL V. His last update regains a whole new meaning the other way, meaning TOOL V, and I got a little antsy.

Goldfoot
06-14-2005, 08:44 AM
I, for one, will not pay attention to these rumours; I will, however, pay attention to any rumors that are out there.

He didnt spell it wrong, so shut up.

assailing eyes
06-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys, 'cause whenever I hear of Volto I get a flashback of one of BMBs updates that VOLTO isn't TOOL V. His last update regains a whole new meaning the other way, meaning TOOL V, and I got a little antsy.

hahahaha, yeah that would make me antsy too.

MoSeS
06-14-2005, 09:13 AM
If this was true we would have seen something from rollingstone.com by now..

Ocelot199
06-14-2005, 11:10 AM
If this was true we would have seen something from rollingstone.com by now..

Didn't the rumor say that the next issue of Rolling Stone is suppose to have a review of it? Do they put stuff on their website before they put it in the magazine? Besides, Tool likes to keep quiet until right before the release... if its still a few months away, we're not going to hear anything about it until its really close to the release date.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
06-14-2005, 01:08 PM
hahahaha, yeah that would make me antsy too.
Yeah, all of BMBs hidden messages really got to my head.

Spongebob
06-14-2005, 02:31 PM
i cant believe you americans spell rumour without a U. and you put all your dates backwards too, losers.

Goldfoot
06-14-2005, 03:24 PM
i cant believe you americans spell rumour without a U. and you put all your dates backwards too, losers.

Hey now, its how I was taught. I recognize that its different elsewhere though. :)

Spongebob
06-14-2005, 04:08 PM
yeah i wonder when tool will tor next... in fall maybe?

pfft fall, its autumn duhh.

Underalus
06-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Go back to distortiononline now, Chakra says that news was bullshit so looks like that's not coming out in July. Honestly if you just pick any fucking tuesday from mid july to the end of september and say something's coming out, people will believe it. "HEY, THAT'S A TUESDAY, IT HAS TO BE REAL!!!" Frankly I'm fed up, just release your damn music already, and make a whole ass-load of money. It's a win-win situation dammit. Since I've entered high-school (and I'm done in 2 weeks) Tool hasn't released shit, and that's just stupid.

Goldfoot
06-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Go back to distortiononline now, Chakra says that news was bullshit so looks like that's not coming out in July. Honestly if you just pick any fucking tuesday from mid july to the end of september and say something's coming out, people will believe it. "HEY, THAT'S A TUESDAY, IT HAS TO BE REAL!!!" Frankly I'm fed up, just release your damn music already, and make a whole ass-load of money. It's a win-win situation dammit. Since I've entered high-school (and I'm done in 2 weeks) Tool hasn't released shit, and that's just stupid.

Bitch a little more. I want quality so I dont mind waiting. Im doing just fine right now with the current abundance of Tool music.

Underalus
06-15-2005, 12:03 PM
From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, I wish this rang true for the abundance of Tool music, then maybe someone could speak a true release date based on facts.

triad636
06-15-2005, 12:08 PM
im sure u speak for everyone cuz i as well as a lot of people here want a solid release date.. i dont even care a bout the name right now.. i just wanna know when the damn thing will come out..

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
06-15-2005, 02:44 PM
im sure u speak for everyone cuz i as well as a lot of people here want a solid release date.. i dont even care a bout the name right now.. i just wanna know when the damn thing will come out..
You're not rubbing it hard enough, concentrate and get into it and at the end squeeze and it should come out.

triad636
06-15-2005, 03:54 PM
he he.. ill try to concentrate next time.. maybee this time i will finish**

etaipo
07-03-2005, 11:02 AM
The whole Tool live DVD has to be true b/c it said it on their website so it's about 99% reality, but they have hinted about the whole movie close to "THe Wall", but just rumour hints crap like that...

etaipo
07-03-2005, 11:03 AM
at our hastings i reserved the new tool album and it comes out August the 23rd, adn there is no way in HELL that can be a joke...

the mechanic
07-03-2005, 11:14 AM
at our hastings i reserved the new tool album and it comes out August the 23rd, adn there is no way in HELL that can be a joke...
stfu

triad636
07-03-2005, 02:49 PM

alright if ur joking.. im gunna kill u.. and u are soo i filled out a toe tag for you

ATObassist
07-03-2005, 10:15 PM
http://www.icemagazine.com/stories/170/tool.asp

that link is in another topic, but thats where the rumor was started. so far its exactly that, rumor. no one knows anything, and the bickering back and forth about fake facts that are floating around is getting redundant. can we just kill this one already and wait and see?

thomas jefferson
07-30-2005, 09:43 AM
well i havent seen anything...

Bubba_Phat
07-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Urine.

Intertwined
07-30-2005, 07:26 PM
The weather changed today.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
07-31-2005, 06:17 AM
Watch the weather change.

0ne /V\ind
08-14-2005, 08:56 PM
mention this to me....release the deeeveedeee!

collapsed shell
08-14-2005, 10:27 PM
mention this to me....release the deeeveedeee!

it was totally worth the wait for someone to post here so that you could feel special.

uh hem...

s ti N Kfizt
08-15-2005, 06:01 AM
it was totally worth the wait for someone to post here so that you could feel special.

uh hem...
I think that you feel so special now.

Ryan
11-03-2005, 01:57 AM
i was just reading back on archived news and came across blair's reply in regard to the "hidden track" of Faaip De Oiad played live...

The Reply:
I didn’t mention it because I wanted to see what the reaction would be from the few people like yourself who witnessed this unique event. Actually, it wasn’t an encore per say, but a live "hidden track" that the band performed only twice during the entire tour (the other time being in Oklahoma). From my count (at the Reno show) there were only about 30 people there to see it, not counting the security people and other employees of the venue. I agree that the projections were very dramatic (with some of the photos that were flashed on the screen being telephoto shots that I took of the Groom Lake complex [Area 51] back in the early 90s), in their attempt to convey the paranoid (?) ramblings of the caller (ex-Area 51 employee* turned whistleblower?) on the Coast to Coast radio program. (NOTE: the tape of the frantic voice played during "Faaip de Oiad" at the Reno show was a copy of a cassette that I have from the night that that now infamous Art Bell radio broadcast originally aired, and was knocked off the air due to an apparent [however suspicious] satellite outage.) Besides the defective (or further evolved) old reverb unit, the sounds that accompanied Danny’s drumming were generated by EMS Synthi AKS’s played by the other band members, along with an Andromeda synth played by Adam. The overall effect of sound and visuals was quite intense, and, fortunately for others, was filmed for a planned future release.

that should be something to look forward to.

/V\agina
11-03-2005, 05:20 AM
dude... this thread is OLD.

anyway, TOOL V eh? as in, TOOL 5?? as in, 1-Opiate, 2-Undertow, 3-AEnima, 4-Lateralus, 5-GRANDMA'S CHICKEN SALAD.

VOLTO! has nothing to do with TOOL V, but I just wanted to have a little fun.

117-666

varg
11-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Please explain, graphically and with feeling, how you do this.

Ryan
11-03-2005, 09:45 AM

yes, but creating new threads sucks balls.

bentTOOL23
11-03-2005, 10:15 AM

anyway, TOOL V eh? as in, TOOL 5?? as in, 1-Opiate, 2-Undertow, 3-AEnima, 4-Lateralus, 5-GRANDMA'S CHICKEN SALAD.

VOLTO! has nothing to do with TOOL V, but I just wanted to have a little fun.

117-666

i had a dream this summer where my ceiling fan blew up and then re-assembled itself to spell out : TOOL V is coming...

fraz
11-03-2005, 02:07 PM
That 'fake' news is sooooo old. As the dates suggests - this was back in June that this stuff was circling the net. The article refers to July this year not next year. This was just before Teleincision which is why everyone believed (for a brief period) believed Teleincision was real.