PDA

View Full Version : a state of vulnerable vulnerability

skywarp94
02-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Just think it's funny how during the Timothy Leary bit, he says "put yourself in a state of vulnerable... [other stuff] vulnerability"

Straight from the Department of Redundancy Department.

Phosphoros
02-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by skywarp94
Just think it's funny how during the Timothy Leary bit, he says "put yourself in a state of vulnerable... [other stuff] vulnerability"

Straight from the Department of Redundancy Department. Haha, I also thought that when I heard it, but the other part of the "speech" (if you can call it like that) it's pretty cool, It's what I think about authorities, pretty cool.

Oeps
10-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Think for yourself question authority.
Throughout history as our species has faced a, frightening, terrorising, fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos.
It’s been the authorities, the political, religious the educational authorities that attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations. Informing, forming in our minds their view of reality.
To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.
Think for yourself question authority.

I also thought it was strange to put yourself in a vulnerable vulnerability but the rest of the speech is awesome, it's a great philosopic piece, which combines imo things from Karl Marx, Hobbes and the bands view on reality