PDA

View Full Version : i put some thought into what i think jimmy means

watchtheweather
02-10-2003, 08:49 AM
I think jimmy might be about a troubled childhood maynard james keenan might of had."What was it like to see the face of your own stability suddenly look away leaving you with the dead and hopeless?" could this be about how maynards interpretation of being without his parents alot of the time. "where the hell have I been? Sleeping, lost, and numb. So glad that I have found you. I am wide awake and heading home." "I'll move to heal as soon as pain allows so we can reunite and both move on together. Hold your light, eleven." this might be what it means im to too shure on the whole interpratation id probably have to know more about mjk's childhood

eulogizer
02-10-2003, 09:56 PM
I think this song is all about connecting with who you were before or as a child. How all the years just fly by or something cliche like that. He opens by saying:

"What was it like to see
The face of your own stability
Suddenly look away
Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?"

In other words, how is it to be young and stable and then in what seems an instant be old and having your life screwed up.

While eleven may hold an importance for Maynard I don't think its the major thought behind the song. The rest of it talks about being led back to who you were as a child until you are that way and stable again.

Convoy_X
02-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by eulogizer
While eleven may hold an importance for Maynard I don't think its the major thought behind the song. The rest of it talks about being led back to who you were as a child until you are that way and stable again.

or having a 2nd childhood? or rekindling a bad relationship with a parent?