PDA

View Full Version : religion....

Serex
06-06-2005, 06:38 PM
just my opinion, and this has probly been adressed before but i feel this song is about people force feeding others their views. Not to be given a choice in the matter, to be raped if you will. This is the way things are and has been for the narrator, he doesnt know any different so he goes on in life doing the same. He needs people to understand him to give himself self-worth, to make him whole. This i think is about religion mostly, maynard was brought up in a religous home, bein told this is the way things are and should be, not given a choice. Think about it.....

"ive got my hands bound, my head down, eyes closed, my throats wide open"

its your standard praying position......

tiphera
06-06-2005, 07:05 PM
"ive got my hands bound, my head down, eyes closed, my throats wide open"

its your standard praying position......

That's quite interesting.
Have you watched the video yet?

Serex
06-07-2005, 10:49 AM
yes.... excellent video. It gives me a sense that maynard feels compassion for the person abusing him and forcing their views upon him, because he has grown to except this and think it is right because that is how he has grown to live. He doesnt know any different . the person was sucessfull in their atempt to subdue his open-minded thinking. The larger character in the video seems to try to reconstruct the other as he sees is right, but doesnt realize he is acually hurting them. They dont realize what they are doin is wrong because they feel their opinion is right and the opinion that others should have.

bluefire
06-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Undertow wasn't that metaphorical. I would bet that what you see is what you get with this song and its about sexual child abuse.

tiphera
06-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Undertow wasn't that metaphorical. I would bet that what you see is what you get with this song and its about sexual child abuse.

The song might be like that, but the video can not. The video for prison sex is highly symbolical, and meaningful. It's my favorite Tool video.

bluefire
06-17-2005, 07:39 PM
video is probably their best--- well, my favorite at least.