PDA

View Full Version : hwap? what i think it means

watchtheweather
02-10-2003, 08:42 AM
This is whatn i think a hooker with a penis means. I think it is about some of tools old fans from the lollapolloza, that i s associate with undertow. Think of these things in association to the time period. Nipple rings, new tatoos, beastie tees, vans. All from those grunge people who saw them at lollapoloza with sound garden or whoever. Thats also why he deals with people calling him a sellout like some people did when aenima came out (in case you were wondering i think aenima was a turn for the best!!) also. Thats how i translated it anyway a song that is dedicated from maynard to all those people telling them fuck you, stick you finger up your ass and so forth.

chaosad
03-07-2003, 06:10 PM
i think you are pretty much right on there. there is an additional message within the song though, and that is that everything is a product. to quote bill hicks, we are becoming a "third world consumer plantation" i think thats how he put it anyways. advertisements try to convince you that there is a void within you that can only be filled by their product, when in truth, the consumer appetite can never be satisfied in full. you can always "run to higher ground." he goes into these ideas though because he is pointing out the ridiculousness of a fan, covered from head to toe in these products he bought with his fatass dirty dollars, calling Maynard a sellout. which is basically what you were talking about.