PDA

View Full Version : something to do with bass on the new album?

Nith Sahor
05-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Blair said that he enjoys "getting lost in a sonic labyrinth" even though he has the "thread of Ariadne to guide me from the clutches of the Minotaur*".

Although Ariadne is the woman (daughter of Minos?) who helped Theseus slay the Minotaur and find his way back out of the labyrinth, Justin's wife's name is Ariadne. Perhaps Blair is trying to tell us in his round-about retarded way that something crazy is happening with the Justin's bass riffs that not even with the help of the person who is closest to Justin (Ariadne) can Blair begin to fathom them.

The only hole with this is that IMDB says that they've divorced. But I haven't read that anywhere else.

I know this is far fetched and that I'm flinging shit around, but it's certainly more interesting than any of this Teleincision crap.

shifty50fs
05-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Justin's wife's name is Ariadne.

Isn't Justin's wife named Shelee?

I do think it is interesting that Blair has mentioned the Minotaur on more than one occasion, though. I'm not well versed on its significance, so I have no guess as to what it could mean in a Toolish context.

holy reality
05-26-2005, 09:49 PM
how do you find someone named Ariadne ?

i'm going to take a stab and say that the minotaur is the demon inside your mind (which is the labyrinth)

the minotaur therefore would be an archetype similar in conept to the "Shadow" that you must overcome to attain "enlightenment" or Satan if you will.... that which keeps you from attaining purity.

but it's a part of you.

or i say so anyway, and i'm right, because people sometimes think I'm Maynard.

Nith Sahor
05-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Yea, that labyrinth thing has popped up before... maybe Bush is like King Minos or something...

On a sidenote: has anyone tried decompiling the intro page Flash file? Because I have and there are some interesting things there... in the code there are different seasonal colors, references to "swarms" and "leaders" that the swarms of "firefly" objects follow (the intro SWF file is even called "swarm.swf").

It probably means nothing, but it's interesting to note considering Maynard said in October 2004 that some of his political stuff in APC has seeped into Tool...

UnholyBelligerence
05-29-2005, 11:14 AM
no

Quoted for truth.

Isac Khrondor
05-29-2005, 11:19 AM
no

Quoted for honor.

Perseensilmä
05-29-2005, 11:24 AM
no

quoted for respect

UnholyBelligerence
05-29-2005, 11:26 AM
quoted for respect

You fucking killed it you cuntlick.

Perseensilmä
05-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Whta I should have said?

tomXwithXweather
05-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Whta I should have said?

Thats whta i was thinking.

Isac Khrondor
05-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Whta I should have said?

Quoted for decentralization of local government, obviously.