PDA

View Full Version : Making fun of standard (MTV) blues rock

Cryotechnics
05-20-2005, 07:10 AM
I think that in this song they are making good fun of blues rock dumbs like Nickelback and Lenny Kravitz and the like. Looking at the chords: Emaj, Gmaj, Dmaj, Amaj.... guitar players should have understood it clearly. Goddamnit these are the common blues chords and there are probably more than a couple thousands of songs that use the same chords... and every single of them have a different subject matter. Theoratically, it shouldn't be possible, but everywhere, on MTV, in music stores and everywhere else, people listen to these, and enjoy these, and more tragically, buy these : D

If it's possible, it's also possible to make a song about someone's penis out of the same chords. That's the "logic" behind it.

When I first listened, and heard the bloody chords in the beginning, I remember that I was about to get injured while laughing.

BTW, when I wrote Nickelback I remembered http://www.thewebshite.net/nickelback.htm
again. And it'll probably make clear what this song is about.

bluefire
05-20-2005, 01:41 PM
I dunno, maybe. From what I understand the song was written a while before it was released. Its probably just about maynard and his 6 inch dick, no deeper motives.

Cryotechnics
05-21-2005, 05:08 AM
Well, that's also possible, you never know of course ("all you know about me ist what I sold you" heh), but it still reminds me that sort of guys, especially the second "kinda like the way you keep looking away" part..

Cryotechnics
06-25-2005, 12:15 PM
and it's the only tool song in standard (E) tuning... it should be a further support.

ihavebecomemyfear
07-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Good point cryo, i like to sing that song in public.

root
07-11-2005, 11:37 PM
I had a pill a few days ago, it had the MTV logo on it. It was very mediocre indeed...

johnnyTrip
10-03-2005, 05:23 AM
yeah cryo i believe the same......its like tool dumping on any mtv "rock" song, tool saying..."hey guys we can do this too"....have it be about maynards donger...and still be better than anything that bands like nickelback and staind and puddle of mud ever put out.....but having the theme of the song pertaining to cock...it will rarely get air play on mtv or mass radio.....like tool cares hehe

varg
10-14-2005, 10:35 PM
BTW, when I wrote Nickelback I remembered http://www.thewebshite.net/nickelback.htm
again. And it'll probably make clear what this song is about.

Jesus fucking christ, that's priceless.
I'm laughing my bitter swedish ass off.

TheSnakeBehindYou
10-21-2005, 02:14 PM
god i hate nickelback