PDA

View Full Version : Subliminal?

aenimator
11-20-2002, 05:15 PM
Ok, kids. I might get laughed out of the place for this, but, eh, I'm young, nurture me. What's this whole subliminal thing I keep hearing about this song. (not actually in the song, mind you, about it.) Like in the October 2002 newsletter where Maynard supposedly said that Blair was his worst nightmare for having revealed something about subliminals in Lateralus and on this song...

"Same thing with the subliminal thing on Lateralus. I thought you would have learned something from the 'No Quarter' experience, but apparently you didn't."

So, anyone with information? I'd greatly appreciate it. (wouldn't mind some info on the Lateralus thing, either. ;) )

-Your Tool Fledgling

NoQuarter
11-21-2002, 02:23 PM
I recall reading something about that...

I think it's the part in the song where Adam's playing the same riff over and over...You can barely hear Maynard whispering something in the background.

Apparently, he said something convtrovesial (to some people)...I think I recall that it had something to do with Satan (maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if I was right...We all know MJK's sarcastic humor). Anyways, it was something that some people found controversial.

Someone post and help me out here...I'm probably off.

Genocidal
11-23-2002, 09:27 AM
I highly doubt he said something controversial. After all, if we can't hear it, no one else can. Not on this album, anyway.

Aranedain
11-24-2002, 07:10 PM
if you have something that can split the song into left and right waves, listen to...the right side i believe if not htat, then the left (stereo stuff) And in the middle of the song, when it's quieter than the rest, if you turn it up really loud..you can hear whispering Thanks blair:P

Gidget
11-25-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Genocidal
I highly doubt he said something controversial. After all, if we can't hear it, no one else can. Not on this album, anyway.

I enjoy your comment about MJK saying somthing controversial, everything he says is controversial to someone!!! Thats why we love him!

scorpioali
11-29-2002, 02:25 PM
it's just maynard whispering something that's really tough to hear at about 5:30 into the song. it's not hard to hear at all, and there is a chance (this happened to me) that you have heard it many times before and just hadn't really paid attention to it until people started making comments about it. i have no idea what he may be saying, but i don't really care. i like the mystery surrounding it.

scorpioali
11-29-2002, 08:04 PM
oops, i mean it's not hard to CATCH at all.

nickknocker
01-15-2003, 05:08 PM
well, i know in a couple songs (Eulogy, jimmy), Chris (the moderator i think) has given perfect transcriptions of the whispers, so maybe when he looks he can give us all a handout, because i've definitly heard some whispering....

normz
01-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Was talkin to my friend the other day about this as it was really shitting me off and he said that at 4:47 Maynard says somethign like "your all guillible sheep" Now i dunno as my friend is full of shit but i does sound like something maynard would say and it would also explain the whole reason for covering it up. Other people think he says thing like "kill yourself" "would u even, how could you" also i think at the beginning theres something like "Radical reasons, you would defy my reason for ????" "so many lives... so many minds that are important. There is no misssion there is no ????" I dunno its a bit patchy but I'm hoping it helps

Peace Out

Normz