PDA

View Full Version : My Deeper meaning

ThirdEyeHansel
05-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Well the odvious is this song is about Anal sex, hence the name 4 Degrees...

There are many hints that it is about Anal sex, but like Stinkfist, I think its encouraging us to look deeper..

In my Opinion:

This is tools way of infact making us look deeper. They do use the words Digging and Deeper in this song alot. Well these words could mean anything, but in the sence that it was writen, I think Deeper and Digging are both used to make us infact look deeper into Tool.

I believe Tool is acting as the fan in this song and begging us to dig deeper into their songs, for they are not what they seem. They use the word dig alot, and the act of digging is to drive through layers! Well the odvious first layer of this song is Anal sex, I believe they did that so we would go. "What? why Anal sex." and refuse to stop lookin there!

They are constantly throwing at us the fact that we need to search them in more detail, thus they are using the metaphore Degrees.

It COULD also mean that when we dig deeper, we ARE getting warmer and warmer to the meaning... "take it on higher, 4 degrees now, 4 degrees Warmer"

Thats my 2 cents, I refused to believe that the intelligence of this band would make a song about Anal sex just to make a song about ANAL SEX......

And I think its kind of farfeched that everyone immediatly says Maynard has a facination with the ass.. Why in the world would you fans jump to the conclusion of judging him in the manner that you do when you infact Do not know him.. Please dont say stupid shit like that for the sake of yourself...

ZeroPointEther
05-17-2005, 09:16 AM
I bet it's just a typical tool song with a psychological angle, and that it has nothing to do with anal penetrations, wether people would want that or not. I think it's just a funny reference.

ZeroPointEther
05-23-2005, 05:44 AM
I'm currently reading "The Fourth Way" by Ouspensky from the recommended book list. This book deals with consciousness and how to raise it, or in the least becoming self-conscious. Coincidence or not but the author mentions a sort of hierarchy in consciousnes, measured in undefined degrees. Apparently one can raise his/her consciousness by 4 degrees to move on to the next level. I don't know if it's always exactly 4 degrees. It is mentioned at one occasion anyway.

So in other words "4 degrees higher" would be raising one's consciousness.

or anal sex...;)

edit:
and "4 degrees warmer" because by becoming more conscious one becomes more free of negative thought and accidents, also according to that book.

iwaswrong
05-23-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm currently reading "The Fourth Way" by Ouspensky from the recommended book list. This book deals with consciousness and how to raise it, or in the least becoming self-conscious. Coincidence or not but the author mentions a sort of hierarchy in consciousnes, measured in undefined degrees. Apparently one can raise his/her consciousness by 4 degrees to move on to the next level. I don't know if it's always exactly 4 degrees. It is mentioned at one occasion anyway.

So in other words "4 degrees higher" would be raising one's consciousness.

or anal sex...;)

edit:
and "4 degrees warmer" because by becoming more conscious one becomes more free of negative thought and accidents, also according to that book.

RE: ZeroPointEther
...I just became aware of "The Fourth Way" and had been reading thru the site and find your analogy another way to take the meaning of '4 degrees'...multifaceted, as are the persons of Tool.

ThirdEyeHansel
05-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Thats badass.. definitly makes sence to the content of the song

pathological2
07-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I agree the meaning is deeper too. I think Maynard says songs are about anal sex or masturbation to fuck with us. I think the only songs that are really about those subjects are "Prison Sex" and "Stinkfist". And APC's "Thinking of You" - I do NOT believe it's about masturbation.

lateralus freak
08-04-2005, 12:38 AM
hey, pathological, on almost all of these songs, u have written your meaning.
i love reading your meanings because u really think about the song and write what u really think and dont just write something that took u 5 minutes to think of. I think that u should try and write a meaning to each of these songs coz i would love to read em.

pathological2
08-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Cool, I'll do this one when I have some more time. Thanks for the encouragement.

cold and faded anger
08-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I agree the meaning is deeper too. I think Maynard says songs are about anal sex or masturbation to fuck with us. I think the only songs that are really about those subjects are "Prison Sex" and "Stinkfist". And APC's "Thinking of You" - I do NOT believe it's about masturbation.

AHA! there is someone else who bought A Perfect Circle-aMOTION and listened to the commentary by Billy and Maynard. HA!

pathological2
08-09-2005, 02:18 PM
uh....what are you talking about? I haven't bought it yet so could you fill me in?