PDA

View Full Version : Final Conclusion

Nirvana
02-08-2003, 08:17 AM
we have over 100 different oppinions of this song about what it means.. now i want to know your final conclusion about what You Think...

You can write it all down...

Just let me know how you trully feel about this song...
Don`t let yourself control by others... dont day that you think he or she is right... there is always a difference....

Let me know that and.... you can write annything you want

GL

ObviousParadox
02-08-2003, 12:27 PM
well, I'll get the ball rolling...

The song I believe is about realizing that while you are very bright you are merely a reflection of your knowledge and experiances. As the moon cannot claim that it is bright, it is merely reflecting the sun, we are kind of the same way as humans, we feed on our narcissim believing we are so great and we are, but not for the reasons we believe ourselves to be, we really only express knowledge we have obtained...

and I know that makes very little sense, but I tried, maybe I'll post a followup explaining what I mean in coherent sentences..

RiceKrispies85
02-12-2003, 05:04 PM
Personally, i think this song is about how as different as we all are, we are all the same. We all take parts from everyone we meet and see, we are all products of our experiences in life. I think that it is a message that for one or more people to think he or they are better than others is as low in the pit as you can get. And as comforting the pit can be, it is never the right way.

That is my opinion of what this song is all about.

-Seth-

Nirvana
02-25-2003, 11:39 AM
is this all people have to say?

Again I Bumped Up My Post...

Very Deep Thinker Post: ):-:(Nirvana):-:(

crow011
02-25-2003, 05:52 PM
i see the song the same as everyone else, but with one difference . . .

i believe its TOOL's way of trying to let us know that we are totally all connected, and that if we all shut our mouths and concentrated on other things, we can all move on together . . .

sort of as if this was their "everyone hold hands and realise that we're better than this" song . . . but alot darker, of course . . . and better . . .

i think its just their way of perhaps encouraging a personal, individual and thoroughly self-engaged spirituality ("so let the light touch you/and let the words spill through") . . . and perhaps letting us know that we can all be creative in our own little way . . .

oh, and nirvana, i hate to be a bastard, dude, but that "Again I Bumped Up My Post..." thing is a little immature . . .

but dont listen to me . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

Sphase
03-02-2003, 11:25 AM
here i go.
i think the whole song is about someone
he is in love with. and the person he loves
is considered his reflection. and if you look in
a mirror and see the person you love, i think that
you would be a narcist too. and if you shine so bright,
then you have your loved one to thank, because
he/she makes you beautiful.

and this song is how he feels about this lady.
saying"im nothing when im without you, and
iff we could just reach other through the mirror
i wont have to pine away"

thats just me...

a metaphor for loving someone

thedestroyer666
03-10-2003, 09:13 PM
All_one_mind,

I couldn't have said it better myself. That was, and still is my thoughts on the song. Its as if Maynard is telling us too just let go of our ego's, let go of the physical world, the material world, and be the divine beings we are.

The love and beauty we would feel would be overwhelming at first; However, I believe it is something that once experienced, would seem somewhat familiar. Somehow.

--Matt

Dervish
03-17-2003, 11:50 AM
Its about the nature of knowledge.

Its about how knowledge is like water, we fill ourselves up with it but ultimately its not our knowledge to be filled with. We're merely temparary containers for knowledge that has an infinite life.

Or to put it another way, we are merely conduits for knowledge as it passes between levels of human consciousness. But the central theme remains that we cannot hold onto knowledge forever, we merely store it for a while until we lose it.