PDA

View Full Version : "Tear" your fucking throat away?

holy reality
02-07-2003, 09:25 PM
I don't hear tear at all... I hear "blow" as in with a gun.... blow your fucking throat away.....

and on the salival version i hear blow as well, not "claw" but i guess it could be "claw".... but there is no way it's "tear" on the album.... at least not how I hear it........... I'm going to go listen to it now.

paper_head
02-07-2003, 10:15 PM
I too have wondered about this for some time now. I just went to the lyrics section just now and it says "tear your fucking throat away" but that is not what Maynard says in both Aenima and Salival. Maybe when he says "blow your fucking throat away" he does mean with a gun, who knows?

holy reality
02-08-2003, 10:40 AM
after i listened to the album version with "claw" imprinted in my mind I started hearing it "claw" but then I listened it in attempt to hear him say "blow" and indeed that's what I heard......

I can pretty safely say that it's either blow or claw.... blow makes a little more sense based on the "rest your trigger on my finger" part....

Digital Dreamer
02-08-2003, 03:53 PM
it's deffinetly CLAW it's in the lyrics and that's how it sounds. Simple eh?

Andy
02-09-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by holy reality
I don't hear tear at all... I hear "blow" as in with a gun.... blow your fucking throat away.....

and on the salival version i hear blow as well, not "claw" but i guess it could be "claw".... but there is no way it's "tear" on the album.... at least not how I hear it........... I'm going to go listen to it now.

Its definitely tear, I can hear it. Its just Maynard's voice.

Andy

holy reality
02-09-2003, 09:53 AM
it's deffinetly CLAW it's in the lyrics and that's how it sounds. Simple eh?

No, not at all....

Taken directly from the lyrics...
Just remember I will always love you,
Even as I tear your fucking throat away.

I'm talking about the album version, because that is where I made this thread... Simple eh? Though I hear blow in both of them.... so go figure....

paraflux
02-24-2003, 09:34 AM
Either way. Anyone care to comment on its significance?

The whole song Maynard represents a character (may or may not be himself) who gets pushed and pulled around like a puppet. He cant get away, because we are all connected as discussed earlier on the record. In the beginning he talks about choking an infant. I think he means a baby as far as spirituality is concerned, as far as evolution is concerned. Its those people that hold us down, as humans who want to move on, who want to be the Tricky character in Parabol/a. How will it end? With us tearing throats if we have to. We must proceed. This is necessary.

ignore-reality
02-24-2003, 01:05 PM
well, someone is getting their throat fucked up.....that is for sure

nickknocker
02-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by holy reality
after i listened to the album version with "claw" imprinted in my mind I started hearing it "claw" but then I listened it in attempt to hear him say "blow" and indeed that's what I heard......

I can pretty safely say that it's either blow or claw.... blow makes a little more sense based on the "rest your trigger on my finger" part....

wow.... i simply never heard "blow" until i stumbled upon this thread, and i heard it perfectly clear...amazing, although each time i listen i can hear either blow or claw depending on what im trying to hear (but i'm leaning towards claw; somehow his voice makes "C" sound like "B"
blah blah