PDA

View Full Version : I reckon the new albumn will Kick ass.

Nathan6887
05-03-2005, 07:58 PM
I think in general Tool's albums reflect thier evolving spirituality, and if they have grown substancially in the past few years, they will release something even more profound than Lateralus. I can not wait.

UtUmNo1
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Good for you, Tiger!

Spongebob
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
after reading what blair said about the new songs tool are playing, it sounds very promising.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
05-04-2005, 04:27 AM
after reading what blair said about the new songs tool are playing, it sounds very promising.
Wait... Blair posted something relevant?

martyr
05-04-2005, 05:54 AM
yup in the news report of 14 dec 2004

Isac Khrondor
05-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Yeah..

" Kick ass "

dfbovey
05-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Whose ass is the new album going to kick? I'm lost.

Yours. It's also going to take your wallet and shoes. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

Windir
05-04-2005, 07:53 AM
I hope they do some heavier stuff (heavier than Ticks & Leeches for example), more towards metal.

Isac Khrondor
05-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I hope they do some heavier stuff (heavier than Ticks & Leeches for example), more towards metal.

Nah, Ticks & Leeches is really Nu-Metal-ish, more of that stuff with only drag them down into the gutters.
I say, more Third Eye/Reflection/ kind of stuff, but still doing the 'single' songs like 46&Two or Schism.

dfbovey
05-04-2005, 08:32 AM
I wouldn't mind some heavier songs this time around either, but I was thinking more along the lines of a heavier version of Aenima.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
05-04-2005, 01:48 PM
I'll email Tool to put more Triad and Third Eye-type songs on the forthcoming album... any other requests?

Nith Sahor
05-04-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm not so much a fan of Triad as I am of Lateralus/Disposition/Reflection.... maybe some more songs like the live version of Pushit would be cool... I'm glad to see that other people are as excited about this record as I am :p

Nathan6887
05-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm not so much a fan of Triad as I am of Lateralus/Disposition/Reflection.... maybe some more songs like the live version of Pushit would be cool... I'm glad to see that other people are as excited about this record as I am :p

Yeah!!!!
Fully agreed.

TheNothingSong
05-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I say, more Third Eye/Reflection/ kind of stuff, but still doing the 'single' songs like 46&Two or Schism.

Yeah man fully. They said somewhere a while back about it being heaver than lateralus.. im not really for it getting heavier eh. I like the more mellow parts of the songs the most. like Lateralus from about four minutes in until the end, with the "embrace my..desire to" yadayada. and the " interlude " to Schism.

Forgive me the babble.The truth is i cant imagine/anticipate an album better than Lateralus.

kyyuulle
05-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Yeah man fully. They said somewhere a while back about it being heaver than lateralus.. im not really for it getting heavier eh. I like the more mellow parts of the songs the most. like Lateralus from about four minutes in until the end, with the "embrace my..desire to" yadayada. and the " interlude " to Schism.

Forgive me the babble.The truth is i cant imagine/anticipate an album better than Lateralus.
well that's merely speculation, you would be surprised how much they may fine tune a song from practicing it to final production

InertUniformity
05-07-2005, 08:10 AM
id bet it will be a lot like undertow except a bit more intricate and a bit more toned down.

diogenes
05-07-2005, 10:26 AM
I think in general Tool's albums reflect thier evolving spirituality, and if they have grown substancially in the past few years, they will release something even more profound than Lateralus. I can not wait.
Well, since I also personally know Tool and have talked with them about spiritual matters, I can corroborate this statement. They are becoming more and more enlightened every day, and it's only a matter of time before they become beings of pure energy.

Nathan6887
05-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, since I also personally know Tool and have talked with them about spiritual matters, I can corroborate this statement. They are becoming more and more enlightened every day, and it's only a matter of time before they become beings of pure energy.
That's really cool...That is my goal also...In fact in the last month or so I have sensed some kind of growing power....maybe its just me or maybe there is some synchonicity...Respect

Misanthrope
05-10-2005, 12:37 AM
More songs like Faaiip De Oiad and Mantra please.

Thrakandor
05-10-2005, 01:39 AM
More songs like Faaiip De Oiad and Mantra please.
Ahwith-ah static-ah

Nith Sahor
05-10-2005, 01:27 PM
On a side note - You know what would have been cool? If Faaip de Oaid had been an actual song, with all the lyrics in Enochian... Maybe there'll be a song like that on the new album (which would be pretty wicked if you ask me)...

eulogy508
05-10-2005, 02:43 PM
id bet it will be a lot like undertow except a bit more intricate and a bit more toned down.

That would be interesting...

diogenes
05-10-2005, 03:15 PM

That's really cool...That is my goal also...In fact in the last month or so I have sensed some kind of growing power....maybe its just me or maybe there is some synchonicity...Respect

*Bangs head on desk in frustration at the sheer blinding stupidity of it all.*

eulogy508
05-10-2005, 03:19 PM
*Bangs head on desk in frustration at the sheer blinding stupidity of it all.*

Your not alone

Misanthrope
05-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Your not alone You're

UtUmNo1
05-10-2005, 04:42 PM
not

diogenes
05-10-2005, 05:06 PM
ALOOOOONE

el rancho ovulate
05-10-2005, 06:29 PM
You're
GRAMMAR NAZI!

UtUmNo1
05-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Okay then.

Well done on capitalising NAZI as it an acronym.

Grammar on the other hand . . .

Get with it:)

el rancho ovulate
05-10-2005, 06:58 PM
um, it actually was grammar..

get with it man..

Nathan6887
05-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Well I'm obviously not there yet am I ? Diogenes, while I am not afraid to admit I may be "blindingly stupid", could you admit the same thing? I have a lot of respect for your intellect, but you post like you are flawless yourself. Whereas I say what I am thinking, blindingly stupid as it may be.

UtUmNo1
05-10-2005, 07:05 PM
its all correct use of grammar

*begins tapdance*

solomonarul
05-10-2005, 08:53 PM
it will be an all-filler-album

30 filler songs.

maynard told me that...

Cronos
05-10-2005, 10:44 PM
I'd go for more Ticks and Leeches songs myself, but I don't know if Tool can keep on topping themselves. Sure, they could go absolutely insane and make a record that would surprise even me, but we have to think realistically, Tool are musicians first and foremost and artists second. They are not about to make a record for the sake of art that totally compromises their established sound. They're going to stick to their sound and make another album, not surprisingly a little heavy at times and a little mellow at others.

Kelly
05-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Well I'm obviously not there yet am I ? Diogenes, while I am not afraid to admit I may be "blindingly stupid", could you admit the same thing? I have a lot of respect for your intellect, but you post like you are flawless yourself. Whereas I say what I am thinking, blindingly stupid as it may be.

what exactly is a post where you "post....flawless."

Nathan6887
05-11-2005, 07:36 PM
When you only look for the negatives..."Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" eh I mean like the guy he is really smart, but he seems to look for negative a little much, which is okay he has pointed some shit out to me which I needed to know...

Nathan6887
05-11-2005, 08:30 PM
No, tapdancing in my: thread

Kelly
05-11-2005, 08:48 PM
When you only look for the negatives..."Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" eh I mean like the guy he is really smart, but he seems to look for negative a little much, which is okay he has pointed some shit out to me which I needed to know...

you lost me here

Nathan6887
05-11-2005, 09:31 PM
That's ok are you diogenes?
If he doesn't get it thats ok I'll explain myself to him.

serupklekker
05-11-2005, 09:55 PM
i have read that that band has had a lot of inspiration from mike patton, and specifically from fantomas:

Apr. 8, 2004 Tool members give credit to Fantomas for sound of new Tool album.

TOOL drummer Danny Carey, guitarist Adam Jones and bassist Justin Chancellor have been jamming together for the past few months and they've already got the framework for 10 to 12 new songs, according to MTV.com.

"They're very much in the infant stage, where we have all these different jams and we start piecing them together," Carey told MTV.com. "There are no true arrangements yet. We like to develop ideas, but we don't want to solidify anything too much until [singer] Maynard [James Keenan] gets involved."

Although it's too early to get an overall read on the new songs, Carey described the material as heavier and more intense than the group's last disc, 2001's "Lateralus".

"There seems to be a little more brute force going on in the music, rather than being lighter and more intricate like some of the stuff on the last record," Carey said. "It still has quirky time changes, but so far we've been working on really heavy stuff."

Carey attributes the more aggressive vibe of the new material to TOOL's tours with such experimental bands as FANTÔMAS (featuring former FAITH NO MORE singer Mike Patton and SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo) and Sweden's MESHUGGAH.

"Mike Patton and Dave Lombardo — those guys are a good, heavy influence," Carey said. "And we did most of the dates on our last tour with MESHUGGAH. They're incredibly heavy, so it was a good kick in the teeth playing with them."

The as-yet-untitled effort is tentatively expected in early 2005. Plans also exist for the group to issue a DVD of footage from the "Lateralus" tour this summer.

UtUmNo1
05-11-2005, 09:59 PM
You read it a year ago.

Nothing like 'breaking news".

Nathan6887
05-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Hopefully not too heavy

shorabali
05-12-2005, 05:35 AM
I say don't worry. Do you think Tool will really let us down people?

placidium
05-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Nope. It is kind of hard to imagine ever hearing another album as incredible as AEnima or even Lateralus, but it's not hard to believe that TooL can do it again.