PDA

View Full Version : Concept of Lateralus reveiled

Hogpile
02-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Heres what Lateralus is about: cut and dry. The whole album is a concept dealing with fetal mutation through hydroginized ovulation. For instance, if a high enough evolved sperm impregnates a mutated egg, the outcome of the fetis could be devastating, or it could result in evolution to the point of re-animation. A diseased womb will result in the fetis feeding off of highly condensed and mutated proteins in the dna construction of the sperm, therefore creating evolution in the process and hypotheticly changing the structure of the child being born. (mental and physical) This process is called ostoscisfibrosis and is a rare and devoloped form of evolution. All lifeforms will mutate from this form of life to higher more engery condensed form of matter, thus leaving behind the need for such mudane functions such as breathing oxygen, or needing mass amounts of water to survive. Brain tissue would increase by 43% and sexual reproduction would be unneccesary because this mutation would result in the species becoming a-sexual. Telepathy and astral projection would be unneccesary also, because each form of this species would be innerconnected through self-kenisis.(sp) All would exsist off of the life force of the surrounding species, making dualality counter-productive, and fatal.

porcelain anima
02-07-2003, 04:01 PM
i totally agree

madmatt
02-09-2003, 02:43 AM
so your kinda thinking the whole album is about this process? if that's what your getting at then this is the way i see it:
(this is all just a new idea that come into my head and i havent realy thought it through yet)

the grudge

how the creature is before the 'mutation', negative in an evolutional point of view, sinking deeper, nature is saying 'let this go' and change into something better, more suited for the job etc. (if you get the picture. like i said before its all new and havent thought enough to put it into the right words).

eon blue apocolypse

not sure, maybe a view of what's to come?

the patient

it could be saying be patient untill the change comes, not realy sure right now

mantra

the cry of the creature wanting the change?

schism

dictionary.com says it means "A separation or division into factions"
so that would fit into the creature maybe starting to change, evolve. like a split between before and after this stage of the evolution
'there was a time the pieces fit but i watched them fall away' the old 'pieces' of the creature are starting to come away making room for the 'improvements'.

parabol/parabola

the new-found change or evolution.
'we barely remember who or what came before'
the chage seems so long ago or such a big step that everything before the 'evolution' is like a distant memory

'Spinning, weaving round each new experience'
the creature is working out for itself how it can best use it's new mutations and experiencing everything almost like for the first time.

ticks and leaches

not too sure on this one, maybe other 'creatures' sucking out or stealing it's new mutations. after it had to go throught an eternity of evolution, the others come and just steal or recreate what the first creature spent so long to acheive.

lateralus

'Black then white are all I see in my infancy.'
what the creature first saw when it initialy discoverd it's new changes

red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.lets me see'
after a while it discovers even more, and notices how closed-mided it had first been

'there is so much more
and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities.'
it discovers the infinite possibilities of what it can acheive with it's new open-mindedness

'spiral out, keep going....'
the creature keeps searching for more and more, keeps going on looking for anything it might have missed to become an even greater being?

disposition

'mention this to me, mention something, mention anything, and watch the weather change'
the 'creature' might be getting lonely, realizing all it's knowledge is worthless if it has nothing to share it with. looking for someone or something to talk to and talk back?

'I have come curiously close to the end, down
Beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole'
The creature realizes that constanlty pushing itself to find more, it has realy just dug itself into a huge hole of self-indulgence?

'How pitiful'

'As full and bright as I am, This light is not my own and
A million light reflections pass over me, Its source is bright and endless, She resuscitates the hopeless,Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting '

the creature looks to an even greater being for help/guidance? evn though it sees itself as a huge power it realizes there always will be something greater.

'I must crucify the ego before it's far too late, I pray the light lifts me out, Before I pine away.'

the creature realizes thats it must get rid of the ego before it takes over, and hopes the 'greater being' will help it out of it's hole before it pines away into nothing

'So crucify the ego, before it's far too late, To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical'
'And you will come to find that we are all one mind, Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.'

after it has let go of the ego it discovers another new power that it has evolved, and it is one mind with the greater being and everything else, and it has mutated into the all seeing all knowing super-thing (i have no idea)

triad

it has no words, so i guess the creature has evolved into something greater than words, using telepathy or something

well that's what i've got to add, i got a bit of topic i think.
i don't necissarily believe this is what tool had in mind when they were making lateralus, it's just an idea that popped into my head while reading hogpile's post.
anyway, tell me what you think about it, and thanx for reading the whole thing if you did i know i must've shitted on a bit!

Sora
02-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Good thought. I'd like to know more about this ostoscisfibrosis. Do you know of any websites or what-not that would have some information?