PDA

View Full Version : dissasociative

jdub420
02-06-2003, 08:14 PM
I always thought this song was about ketamine and the title refering to a way of ingesting it(meaning sniffing a bump of your hand). Just a thought.

Nirvana
02-08-2003, 09:09 AM
Something has to change.
Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
Anyone should bear.

Constant over stimu-lation numbs me
and I wouldn't have
It any other way.

It's not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I don't want it.
I just need it.
To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive.

*I think this part means that somethings really fucked up... But he still likes it in a special way... but somewhere its not enough... he doesnt want it... he needs it te feel that its really wrong.

Finger deep within the borderline.
Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
Relax, turn around and take my hand.

I can help you change
Tired moments into pleasure.
Say the word and we'll be
Well upon our way.

Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.

* I think this means that the person who is willing to help
( the person from the beginning)
dont want he other to come in the hole he`s in now...
( Although it has a good side to)
so he want to help... the victim only have to call him and he will be there to stand through the tough times...

But the victim is also chanching... the other knows that.. and he will let it be... although he think its hard... for both of them...

It's not enough.
I need more.
I don't want it.
I just need it.

Knuckle deep inside the borderline.
This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to.
Relax. Slip away.

* This is again the part that hes feeling the hole coming again... and he knows that the victim is no longer save for the pain.. so he tells him ro relax and slip into the hole... becaude theres nothing he could do...

Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?

How can it mean anything to me
If I really don't feel anything at all?

I'll keep digging till
I feel something.

Elbow deep inside the borderline.
Shoulder deep within the borderline.
Relax. Turn around and take my hand.

*This part comes to a conclusion... the one who was trying to help now knows that the victims lost everything... his life... his feeling... And how can it mean anything to him... he doesnt really feel anything at all... because the victim is someone who he doesnt even know... But he will try to find the feeling... to help... because he had it before...

Then finnaly the two become one and togheter they will go through life... hard as it is.. but they will make the best of it

#this is only my opinion... not everything is in detail...but i think its enough to get a feeling about how i feel this song...#

PEACE!!!

jdub420
02-08-2003, 01:53 PM
your description was great man. Alot of the details you pointed out and I have thought of some of them a while ago but I still cant get beyond the fact that I do believe this song is related to a struggle with a drug. Namely Ketamine . You did Not say if you feel that it tied into the lyrics at all. Do you agree with that?

Nirvana
02-09-2003, 10:44 AM
I Agree with you 100%

PEACE!!!

jpmanson
02-09-2003, 10:52 AM
there are a few different ideas of what thios song is about, the live versions seem to show this as well. the "white lines" live version makes me think about drug use, while the "suspicious minds" live version makes me think its about a relationship.

Nirvana
02-09-2003, 11:30 AM
yeah there are a lot of ways about how someone feels about a song.. especially if its a ``tool`` song...
but we`ll never find the treu awnser... do we?
Its just a little opinion of me... some think im right some think im not... thats ok with me...
your description about drugs and relationship is ok... but why dont you work that out for us... let us show how you feel about this song...

PEACE!!!

Timothy
02-12-2003, 05:25 AM
Interesting interpretations, but I've always liked the idea that the song is about how de-sensitized we've all become to everything.

Hecate
02-15-2003, 04:13 AM
Timothy i agree with you in the aspect that it is about someone who has become desensitized.
From my point of view it is about breaking down the walls that we create when we have become numb.

"Something kinda sad about
What became of subtlety?

If I really don't feel anything at all?"

"I'll keep digging till I feel something"

In breaking down the walls you are opening yourself up and it can very well feel or be like a fist fuck.

Finger deep = starting to open , and so on until it is a full fledged deep penetration, of the mind.

supascoop
02-16-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by jdub420
I always thought this song was about ketamine and the title refering to a way of ingesting it(meaning sniffing a bump of your hand). Just a thought.

i too initially thought the song was relating to some form of drug abuse. My idea centred around the notion of a junkie's de-sensitized paranoia of the world. This fits into the ideas of boredom and over-stimulation numbing him, but not wanting it any other way.

Its not enough,I need more
Nothing seems to satisfy

Obviously suggest the junkie element and the steady progression of drug abuse, this in turn links to the idea of finger, knuckle, elbow inside the borderline, the steady progression of more and more until the body cannot take anymore

the different elements of the song too suggest two vopices speaking within the song, the initial voice of the person whose experiences this number is based on but then the drug/addiction/persona that draw him/her back in with promises...

I can help you change
Well upon our way.

Perhaps it is futile to link the song to drug addiction as most seem to be today and having heard further explanantions from others on the media and having read MJK's interview relation to PS2 and the affect that cna have on his relation with reality perhaps this view seems to hold greater substance?

ObviousParadox
02-16-2003, 09:51 AM
guess it could, but I thought it was about desensitizing to life?

supascoop
02-16-2003, 12:34 PM
maybe within the song there are elements that include both...perhaps the initial verse is a person, or MJK himself, 'somethings got to change...' and the second voice or the element of 'i can help you turn...' is a solution to his problem, possibly tools advocation of drugs speaking here?

maybe it is in fact a song about the de-sensitization of human life through the media and the solution offered is the drug interpretation?

Nirvana
02-17-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Hecate
Timothy i agree with you in the aspect that it is about someone who has become desensitized.
From my point of view it is about breaking down the walls that we create when we have become numb.

"Something kinda sad about
What became of subtlety?

If I really don't feel anything at all?"

"I'll keep digging till I feel something"

In breaking down the walls you are opening yourself up and it can very well feel or be like a fist fuck.

Finger deep = starting to open , and so on until it is a full fledged deep penetration, of the mind.

why are the most people always thinking of fisting at this song?...

silent_therapy
03-12-2003, 02:31 PM
What I always thought this song was about was drug use in general, I don't think anyone has out it this way before but this is what I think the song is about:

Drug:
Something has to change.
Un-deniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
Anyone should bear.

Drug User:
Constant over stimu-lation numbs me
and I wouldn't have
It any other way.

It's not enough.
I need more.
I don't want it.
I just need it.

Drug:
Finger deep within the borderline.
Relax, turn around and take my hand.

I can help you change
Well upon our way.

Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.

Drug User:
It's not enough.
I need more.
I don't want it.
I just need it.

Drug:
Knuckle deep inside the borderline.
This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to.
Relax. Slip away.

Drug User:
Something kinda sad about
What became of subtlety?

If I really don't feel anything at all?

I'll keep digging till
I feel something.

Drug:
Elbow deep inside the borderline.
Shoulder deep within the borderline.
Relax. Turn around and take my hand.

The drug user has indulged into the drug(s) until they are so far inbetween reality and nothingness that all they have left is the drug and they will continue using it until they hopfully come across something real.

sircorn
04-02-2003, 08:17 PM
good points apout how there could be 2 "voices" within the song and the differences in the bullhorn qualtiy of the verses seems to fit this, but i still dont think this song is about a drug addiction directly.

This first thing this song brings to mind is sex (the anal fisting) and secondly drugs, but I think these are just fronts for what the song's meaning is truely about. I believe that this song comes down to fighting against things in one's life and pushing throught them no matter how hard they are. Addictive things in particular.

Now I can't entirely put my opinoin down on this song because i have yet to find out what, "Chupa minha pica pinto" means. (MJK whispers this before the guitar solo and "someting kinda sad part". I opened another thread about this)