PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Of life

Unl1v3d
04-23-2005, 05:26 PM
First of all, let me tell that this is the first time that i post something here in the Tool Page Opinion, not that i haven't heard of Toolshed before. And second i'm portuguese, so any mistake that my writing might have please forgive me (or not).

My opinion about Parabol/Parabola, is that this music is a celebration of Life. Parabol seens to me like a monologue where a person starts to think about the only thing that stays permanent in all his life, which is himself, is being. He realizes that is body his only a box, a confined space containing something, which is himself, "This body holding me/Be my reminder that i'm not alone", we will never be alone once we realize/discover ourself. And then comes the ultimate revelation, "Pain is an ilusion". Pain doesn't exist, is merely a strong beat in the box, we sustain intact inside. Feelings are a different pain in a way that are related to ourselfs, not to the body.
Parabola is starts imediatly after the person realizes this, like a door that opens reveling us that there are no limits once we realize that the body in merely a shelter. We don't have to be confined, we can disconnect ourselfs to the limits input by our phisical conditions...Human mind is the most powerfull weapon that we have, once we know how to use it.

I have read several opinions, i have learn a lot with then, and compared to then, my seens to...I don't know, simple perhaps? Well, but this is what the music does to me, reminds me that pain is an illusion, i'm not alone, there are no limits to me, Life is a gift that i have to learn how to use.
Open mind all the time.

paraflux
04-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Good one. Keep it up. And welcome.

dragonflygirl
04-24-2005, 05:10 PM
I agree with that interpretation. This song , the whole album, brought me through a time of major trouble.
I was assulted by a tweaker, and according to the nuerosurgeon, I should have been a quadraplegic. I'm not. Every time I moved it was agony. I had a compressed spinal cord and should not have been able to move, I was told. I would put Lateralus in my cd player and go to the gym. I ran with tears streaming down my face and Parabola in my ears. That one phrase, "All this pain is an illusion" made it possible to go on. Every mile that passed under my heels was due to the power of that song. I lifted weights with that, and I kept myself from despair with that album. It may seem silly, but that motivated me.
I've had a bone graft, and now the immediate danger is passed, I still find solace and inspiration in that song; in that whole album.