PDA

View Full Version : anyone sing this song?

Carny_Handles
04-16-2005, 11:32 AM
I can, and almost perfectly i might add, but thats not why im here. I had a really odd experience while singing this song today (actually like 2 min ago). I just got off the phone from my ex girlfriend to tell her about a party i was having tonight (we've been broken up for little over 2 years now, and i've moved on.. so i thought..) Anyways, after i got of the phone with her, i had this urge to sing this version of pushit. so i hooked up my microphone to my peavey and sang my heart out. But i started to think of all the good times we had together, and how i fucked up the relationship. Towards the middle of the song i was singing while crying, and towards the end i was full on crying like a baby.. part of me wanted to stop crying but i another part thought i needed to get all this pent up emotion out. Anyways, i was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

Its funny while i was crying my eyes out a little part in the back of my head said 'lachrymology' i kinda laughed.

bluefire
04-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Im gonna go ahead and call bullshit on you being able to sing this song anywhere remotely close to the way the nard does.

Carny_Handles
04-17-2005, 04:00 PM
thanks for your relevant post.

maynard isnt that difficult of a singer to sing along to/emulate

ÆNIMA69
04-17-2005, 05:31 PM
i would have to agree, i can sing all tool songs, but the screaming on lateralus and some on opiate i cant do.

bluefire
04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
i'd honestly love to hear you try, that is if you can hold back the tears long enough

edit: oh yeah and my reply is relevant as your title asks "anyone sing this song?" Nice try though

Raev'n
04-18-2005, 05:46 AM
Yeah he's not too hard. Even the screams of Opiate aren't too hard...

bluefire
04-18-2005, 11:09 AM
which im sure thats why hes one of the best vocalists of the past 15 years and your a poster on his fan site

Carny_Handles
04-19-2005, 10:42 AM
which im sure thats why hes one of the best vocalists of the past 15 years and your a poster on his fan site

nobody's denying the fact he's good you queef. He just isnt that hard of a singer to emulate.

elise
04-19-2005, 11:54 AM
I sing it all the time in my car. It makes my passengers cry.

bluefire
04-19-2005, 12:54 PM
well shit, who isn't easy to sing along with? Why even say that?

Carny_Handles
04-20-2005, 03:25 PM
well shit, who isn't easy to sing along with? Why even say that?

dani, from cradle of filth, isnt easy to sing along with. Infact he is a much harder singer to emulate.

04-24-2005, 01:57 PM
And that fact that it's easy to hit the tones right, doesn't mean it sounds good. Maynard might not be a hard singer to emulate, but he happens to have a unique voice that sounds very good.

Divine_left
04-24-2005, 04:11 PM
I could sing this song pretty well when i was about 16. Since then my voice has gotten a little more throaty and I can't quite pull off the "One must persuade you another wayyyy" part.

The first few times I sang this song, though, I was nearly in tears at the end. It's a really powerful tune...one of my alltime favorites. So, I know what you mean about that first post.

Raev'n
04-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah I used to be able to do that "waaaay" bit. But now puberty has finally taken hold lol.

bluefire
05-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Everybody talking shit on an online forum. I wont believe a damn one of you can sing like Maynard till I hear it. Go ahead, prove me wrong.

drunkenbaby
05-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Everybody talking shit on an online forum. I wont believe a damn one of you can sing like Maynard till I hear it. Go ahead, prove me wrong.
Didn't you hear that?

I just sang the whole album for ya....

no? Well shut up and listen then and stop causing arguments for no reason at all.

*clears throat*

Anyway, haven't sung along to this song (haven't had the guts to sing on my own) in a long time but this version really strikes a chord. I teared too.

I sing it all the time in my car. It makes my passengers cry.
Haha, I really did laugh (seriously)

Anyone notice (duh) the bass line at the end of this version slightly changes (like one note i think) I think it sounds pretty groovy.

Raev'n
05-04-2005, 05:59 PM
HA HA! Touche!

Raev'n
05-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Didn't you hear that?

I just sang the whole album for ya....

no? Well shut up and listen then and stop causing arguments for no reason at all.

HA HA! Touche!