PDA

View Full Version : pure and holy sex

Zinnia
02-05-2003, 03:12 PM
sex, in the most pure and holy form possible. it feels familar because you fit together, it's like an "overwhelmingly warm" home. "this one this form i hold now" the other person. embracing the person and the fact that you are here together connecting in an amazing way. your souls are meeting. "so wide eyed and hopeful" wide eyed because you're excited for the experience. excited for what you're about to learn about eachother. you're hoping you'll learn something about the person you hadn't known before. something about their soul. nothing but what's happening now is important. this moment. you don't remember anyone else in the world right now, just this person. "hold on, stay inside" make it last as long as possible. you are not alone anymore, and you never will be again, and now you feel infinite and nothing hurts anymore. this is real, everything else in an illusion.

Widow
02-05-2003, 10:22 PM
A nice, neat exposition of the lyrics, and totally valid of course. But is it the only one? It's a little too neat.
I think you're right - Parabol can be read as a tribute the the phenomena of intimacy, but I think that's only it's upper layer. There's more here.

3rd eye
02-06-2003, 03:53 AM
Man, I wish I wasn't a virgin. I mean, in all seriousness...

Jack Handy
02-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by 3rd eye

HAHAHAHA, oh shit sorry man

Sex could easily be the meaning of the song but because it is such an easy answer it might not be it. plus there are probobly many meaning to the song, or just one. now we are back where we started. what a waste of a post, a low shot then pointless blabber

Zinnia
02-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 3rd eye
i'm still a virgin. i got plans on how i'm gonna lose my virginity. we're talking in the limo on the way to the reception...i can't wait.

Zinnia
02-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by mstajduh
I think of parabol as more of as MaynarD and/or TooL as disembodied spirit.. you can tell by the way he sings this song.. his spirt is just wandering ..floating and flying in spirals around his body.. debating whether to zoom off into the unknown or to stay with his own body.. or perhaps this unknown is a body too? Or perhaps the body could even be planets or some celestrial ("holy") body in the universe. Once his spirit is back in this body, he feels more alive than ever.

This scenerio can also work with the one of having "pure and holy sex" in any of its forms. I know when I have hard rough sex with My girlfriend, any other girl, or slave, there is something very special in that moment.. that it's sometimes hard to remember.. you become very hot and you start to drift off.. your mind is focusing on this other body but your body is physically connected to it. The longer you stay inside, the more intense it is.. it just requires to be in physical shape, to have patience, and to have a unified open mind. This same affect can even been seen in sports and in physical training when the body is performing at its maxiumum.

When the cresendo hits in, that's when the great unbelievable sex is over (both of them get off), the spirt returns into the body, or when the training is over. These thems are all the same when relating it to this song.

Although, why did the spirt leave the body in the first place? perhaps out of fear, worrying, despiration, etc.. only when the mind sees it's not alone because it has its body and other bodies that it understand that this is what is real, as Zinnia said, and is eternal. All that pain before was just an illusion.

I think all these concepts are all related.. all the acts we do and peform.. they are equal in significance.. that's Karma for you.

This link also helps bring new insight
http://www.therebelbase.homestead.com/lateralus.html

yea, i've thought of it in that way also. infact, that's the fiirst way i did. then my ideas changed. thanx for the link though.

Dikiznya
02-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Not sure if Maynard wrote the song on sex, rather, I think love. The person he is referring to makes him feel complete, he loses is worries, and all is right. When he is with her nothing matters any longer because they're love is so overwhelmingly strong and have such a close bond together.

Zinnia
02-15-2003, 08:22 AM
exactly what i was thinking.
when your in love and you've had a terrible day that person makes everything better. gives you a reason to keep going.

Convoy_X
03-01-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Dikiznya
Not sure if Maynard wrote the song on sex, rather, I think love. The person he is referring to makes him feel complete, he loses is worries, and all is right. When he is with her nothing matters any longer because they're love is so overwhelmingly strong and have such a close bond together.

I'm glad some one siad it some people just dont seem to under stand love. i just want to say that this person that MJK loves is not nessarly his lover. There are 3 people that make me feel what the song seem to express my wife and 2 kids. and MJK could hav writen the song about his son...