PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle = Reality

ufopancakes
04-04-2005, 08:44 PM
A friend and I came up with this strange theory while Trippin on mushrooms. We know its not the intended meaning for the song, its just something to think about.

Okay, Imagine reality, your perspective of reality, as being one big puzzle. Through language, communication, and life experiance you add pieces as your mind that define your perception of reality. What shrooms and hallucinogenics like it do is take that jigsaw puzzle image of reality, and fucks it all up. Through the course of the trip you put the pieces of reality back together, sometimes drawing attention to certain aspects of your life and helps you gain a new perspective and way of thinking.

The Eskimo language has 27 words for "ice". Different cultures, and different languages, draw attention to things that is more important to thier culture and language. Sometimes certain languages don't have a set word for something, thus it doesnt exist. This can somewhat ties into the theme of communication in the song.

triad636
04-10-2005, 04:30 PM
That is a pretty cool way of thinking/ seeing the song's meaning I can totally see that making sense for the song because i think this is one of those TOOL songs that can have a few different meanings and they could all be right the one i see as being the most relavent is seperation of feelings/emotions/communication through lack thereof but im sure that the band wanted it to be about a few things so even though the theory your friend made up may not be what the song is about its certainly and idea that could be spawned from this song....

Happy Days

Stalkz
04-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Reality is a puzzle.

3D reality is three layers pieced together to create a whole (Triad)

I also think it's interesting that the drumming in Reflection is in triplets, if my theory applies to their thinking then that brings a whole new tie to the albums songs.

Quick, everyone go find as many sets of three as you can (and relate them to 12 too, if you're bored, and I KNOW you are...)