PDA

View Full Version : life or knowlage

Masochistic Chia Pet
03-23-2005, 10:05 AM
does anyone agree with the theory that humans can choose either life or to be extreamly smart? Saying that smart people give up some of their life and develop faster than normal, and stupid (child minded) people will live for a longer period of time. just wondering

bluefire
03-23-2005, 10:45 AM
does anyone agree with the theory that humans can choose either life or to be extreamly smart? Saying that smart people give up some of their life and develop faster than normal, and stupid (child minded) people will live for a longer period of time. just wondering

No, I don't.

But if we assume you were correct, I have no idea why anyone would choose knowledge over life.

Masochistic Chia Pet
03-23-2005, 12:54 PM
well that does make sense

thanx

Masochistic Chia Pet
04-12-2005, 03:47 AM
the reason for me asking this question is that in the book of genisis we are given the choice of life or knowlage.(the two trees). i think maynard may be going a step further into the tree af knowlage ,and further from life.

bluefire
04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
the reason for me asking this question is that in the book of genisis we are given the choice of life or knowlage.(the two trees). i think maynard may be going a step further into the tree af knowlage ,and further from life.

Yeah but I don't see the two as being seperable. I mean what is knowledge without life? What is accomplished by being the smartest human being ever, and not being able to share it with others, not being able to use it, being locked up in your own prison. In the same sense, what is life without knowledge? I think that contentness/purpose in life comes from the blending of the two.

Masochistic Chia Pet
04-15-2005, 12:15 PM
and therefore we get the song forty six and 2