PDA

View Full Version : why does everyone think...

Jojo
11-20-2002, 03:40 PM
This song is about love making? i can clearly make the connection, but i think it is more about life, and how precious it can be. With the whole "All this pain is an illusion" To me, this clearly says that Pain should be taken as something to hold us back from doing, because notice how your about to do something you love, and you get injured? at least this happens to me...

Jojo

undrtow17
11-21-2002, 12:53 AM
That is interesting you speak about always getting hurt before doing something you love. It is like our strength has trouble escaping or moving past our waekness.
I am a drummer and i find after 7 years of playing my hearing is getting more tender.
A friend used to spraypaint as a form of expression. His throat had a violent reaction and he was confined from engaging his art.
This could also tie into Carl Jungs theory of snychronicity. which says essentially that external conditions reflect internal conditions.
I am being forced to take percautions with my ears. The physical means which i use to recieve my and others music.

My friend was limited by his throat, home of the 5th chakra, the communication chakra (notice flaming eye on the throat of figure on the cover of lateralus) ironically, his very means of artistic expression was atrophied by the reaction of the place in his body which corresponds to communication, expression.

Just thoughts

thank you for listening,
wishing you commuication
-Jordan

luna
11-21-2002, 01:18 PM
i too see parabol/a as a view on life as a whole, although i do see the relationship aspect clearly. life is filled with many dichotomies. pleasure/pain, love/hate etc etc.. all of these are concepts that in order to grow we must embrace and experience.

every song on this album to me is a representation of a form of transcendence, or what is required to rise above the mundane, everyday monotony and LIVE.

did i mention that everytime i start explaining how i see this album i end up feeling like a tree-hugging hippie?

such is life.

spiral out.

--luna.

Jerk off
12-01-2002, 08:40 AM
I have always thought of this song as a mix of the love and life meanings. Its more of what happens to you when your in love. If you have ever been with someone you love and you are totally focusing on each other, It makes you feel alive in the moment. All you know is that they are there holding you and you don't care about what has happened or what will happen in the future. I think of it like this because while spending time with a *friend* we listened to this song while we were *focused* on each other and I had an epiphany. < is that how you spell it?>

MW
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is that it is vibrating, and since all vibrations are theoretically sound. Then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such

Braydon
12-01-2002, 11:30 PM
a thought came to me as i read about the guy with the throat Maybe just maybe tool are big belivers in yoga because the the charkras the first is just below the naval?(please correct me if i'm wrong) and it deal with addiction and sexual feelings, eg undertow then you move to the heart eg aenima then the throat eg lateralus then to the minds eye. i know it has holes but just an idea.

Jerk off
12-04-2002, 07:59 AM
It Is a very good idea though. I like it.

Jerk off
12-04-2002, 10:37 AM
You're right i found this on Kundalini yoga.

Its power comes from the Kundalini, an enormous reserve of untapped potential within each of us. It is normally depicted as a coiled or sleeping serpent, located in an area towards the base of the spine.

By gradually and safely awakening this serpent and employing its power, you will benefit greatly from an elevation in consciousness, promotion of physical well-being and an expansion of awareness. You will feel more relaxed and at ease with yourself. Your life will be transformed into one which is happy, healthy & harmonious.
Not to mention that there is a tool remix named Kundalini. hope it helps

MW
Think for yourself. Question Authority.