PDA

View Full Version : Tool + numerology = Duh

Joy Grenade
02-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Turn the Tool logo (circa ÆNIMA) upside-down and you get the number 7001. Notice that this does not work with each one of the band's logos...think it has any significance at all?

Limo
02-05-2003, 12:35 AM
According to Crowley:

7 = Bliss
0 = nothing or endlessness
1 = A point, positive yet indefinable

So from this we might gather that 7001 = bliss that is endless, positive and indefinable.

OR

If we add all the numbers together we get 8 and 8 = Thought.

Interesting.

Hope everyone finds this enlightening, Crowley fans tell me if I'm wrong.

:)

Spiralman
02-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Limo
According to Crowley:

7 = Bliss
0 = nothing or endlessness
1 = A point, positive yet indefinable

So from this we might gather that 7001 = bliss that is endless, positive and indefinable.

OR

If we add all the numbers together we get 8 and 8 = Thought.

Interesting.

Hope everyone finds this enlightening, Crowley fans tell me if I'm wrong.

:)

7 = T
0 = O
0 = O
1 = L

Limo
02-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Is that a question or an answer?

novus opiate
02-12-2003, 01:24 PM
limo if my memory of crowley is correct which im almost sure it is you assumption about numbers is correct just thought id post an answer from someone else who has some knowledge of "the beast" as blair refers to him as

Limo
02-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by novus opiate
limo if my memory of crowley is correct which im almost sure it is you assumption about numbers is correct just thought id post an answer from someone else who has some knowledge of "the beast" as blair refers to him as

Thanks mate, I was pretty should it was an accurate interpretation.

Loej
02-14-2003, 09:24 AM
"7 = T
0 = O
0 = O
1 = L"

1=T(upside down)
0=o
0=o
7=L

Wouldn't it be like that?

dawn
02-14-2003, 10:24 AM
what is the signifigance of the # 144,000?

nyfeh
03-12-2003, 10:07 PM
the old tool shirt, novus opiate seclorum, i was looking at the tool name, and from the view on this shirt you see tool upside down which looks exactly like 7001... thanks for the info...

144 i know is a fibonacci number, but 144000 i'm not so sure

nyfeh
03-12-2003, 10:09 PM
also, from looking at the shirt the way it looks is
T=1
O=0
O=0
L=7
Its a neat font.

jpmanson
03-12-2003, 10:13 PM
so, where did the idea that a point is indefinable come from?

i remember in grade school, they said that certain things such as points and lines were impossible to define without recursive definitions, but thats not true at all, euclid was able to define all of those things quite accurately..

Limo
03-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by jpmanson
so, where did the idea that a point is indefinable come from?

i remember in grade school, they said that certain things such as points and lines were impossible to define without recursive definitions, but thats not true at all, euclid was able to define all of those things quite accurately..

I dont know about Euclid, but I think the theory goes:

One point is indefineable but if you add another point it becomes a line, a third point makes a triangle etc...

At least according to Crowley that is.

Could you explain Euclids theory?

jpmanson
03-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Limo

One point is indefineable but if you add another point it becomes a line, a third point makes a triangle etc...

well, here are euclid's definitions:

a point is that which has no part.
a line is a breadthless width
the extremities of a line are points
a straight line is a line which lies evenly with the points on itself
a surface is that which has length and breadth only
the extremities of a surface are lines

there are 17 more definitions, he then goes on to use those definitions to prove a lot of geometry. he was quite possibly the greatest mathematician that ever lived.

Jerk-Off
04-10-2003, 07:28 AM
he was quite possibly the greatest mathematician that ever lived.

dont forget newton :)

Chris_Brightwell
04-10-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Jerk-Off
dont forget newton :) Newtwon got bored one summer and created Calculus.

For that, he is an asshole ... because I have to have a math minor for my degree.

Bastard.

--
Chris Brightwell // moderator

Chris_Brightwell
04-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by mstajduh
yeah, what an asshole for setting up 3 simple laws of motion.. newton's law of cooling, the Newton Method, just to name a few.. I may hate him for Physics soon, too. I've got two semesters of it starting this fall."I have to have" doesn't seem like you really want to do it..perhaps a more positive approach such as "I want to do it, else I wouldn't do it".If I wanted to do it, I would say so. I don't. I'm not big on math, but I'm willing to endure it to do what I love.Btw, Chris, what's your major? what year? Computer Science. Technically, I'll be a Senior in a few weeks. I've got an Associate's Degree in computer programming from a local community college.

However, UAH gave me the shaft on the transfer, so I'll finish sometime in 2006.

Possibly later if classes are hard to come by. :(

But I have a co-op job, so I'm not completely wasting my time with UAH. :)

If all goes well, and I don't hate school when I finish this degree, I'll persue a MS and/or PhD. They may be non-BS related material, but I haven't decided yet.

--

Tralfamadore-83
04-16-2003, 08:08 AM
evolution requires effort.

invention and exploration are forcing evolution on you.

we should be so lucky.

you could go back to using very simple math, but that leaves you counting beef patties and drawing florecent shapes on pavement. not neccessarily knowing where to put them, but you will be able to draw them.

newton didnt invent gravity, he was just looking at some information which would later be used to create airplanes and structure buildings.

Yiakovos
04-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Oh, come on, they were joking. And if Newton didn't invent gravity, then how come people in the old days needed to strap themselves onto their beds when they sleep? Nothing? I didn't think so.

TIMMY
04-17-2003, 01:36 AM
Actually, you're right. He didn't invent gravity. He discovered it.

jpmanson
04-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by TIMMY
Actually, you're right. He didn't invent gravity. He discovered it.

umm i dont think he discovered it.. i think that one goes to some guy way back that fell off a cliff or something.. newton just found a differential equation that defined the behavior of a falling object.

he would not have been able to do that if he and leibnitz hadnt developed the calculus..

Chris_Brightwell
04-19-2003, 08:40 PM
umm i dont think he discovered it.. i think that one goes to some guy way back that fell off a cliff or something.. newton just found a differential equation that defined the behavior of a falling object. Not quite.

We all knew that something was keeping us from floating away (even if only on some sort of subliminal level).

Newton figured out why and quantitated it.

--

jpmanson
04-19-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Chris_Brightwell
Not quite.

We all knew that something was keeping us from floating away (even if only on some sort of subliminal level).

Newton figured out why and quantitated it.

--

yeah, thats what im saying.. he was able to show it mathematically..

running_away
02-18-2004, 01:04 PM

Jehovah's witness's believe that only 144,000 people will survive Judgement day. I think they are the majority of that 144,000 in their own opinions...anyway, it could fit in with the whole "some say we'll see armageddon soon" theme of aenima.

quasiperiodica
05-26-2004, 06:55 PM

I just wanted to clarify a minor detail here...a point added to another point is not a line, but a line segment...a line is an infinte number of points that goes on forever...this quote makes me think of dimensions of objects, too...is it true that if u take a shape and square its points...you get a higher degree? or am i incorrect? as in...a circle becoming a sphere??? any ideas?

quasiperiodica
05-26-2004, 06:57 PM
dont forget newton :)

and Mendeleev and Arostotle, DaVinci,that guy who came up with chaos mathematics, Crowley was no better or worse...just unique, in that he looked at numbers in more of a...almost phrenological point of view rather than physics point of view...

meta4_a_missing_moment
07-15-2004, 09:46 AM
1 point is undefiable becuz theres nothing else 2 compare it 1 but if u hav 2 points u can define them by comparing them 2 each other....and newton did INVENT gravity becuz gravity is just an attempt 2 describe a phenoma wich is still a mystery...in other words gravity isa theory....we dont actualy kno if the earth is pulling us or if sumthing is pushing us towards earth

pcseth
08-27-2004, 09:02 AM

In the Bible, Revelations makes reference to 144,000 saints

Rev 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand [144,000] of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Mosis
04-08-2005, 10:02 PM
1 point is undefiable becuz theres nothing else 2 compare it 1 but if u hav 2 points u can define them by comparing them 2 each other....and newton did INVENT gravity becuz gravity is just an attempt 2 describe a phenoma wich is still a mystery...in other words gravity isa theory....we dont actualy kno if the earth is pulling us or if sumthing is pushing us towards earth

Umm, what are you, 11? Please go back to elementary school. Gravity is not a theory, it's a law, hence, "The Law of Gravity." If you think something is pushing us towards the centre of the Earth, I hope you fall off this planet and spin into a black hole.

Chris_Brightwell
04-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Umm, what are you, 11? Please go back to elementary school. Gravity is not a theory, it's a law, hence, "The Law of Gravity." The earth used to be flat, as well. It also used to be the center of the universe.

Educate thy self. Look up theories and such that present gravity as a field (like magnetism) rather than a force. It's interesting stuff.

paraflux
04-09-2005, 07:04 PM
In the Bible, Revelations makes reference to 144,000 saints

In the Bible, there is a book called "Revelation." This may be what you are referring to.

Hogpile
05-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Jehovah's witness's believe that only 144,000 people will survive Judgement day.

Yes, the exact head count of the tribe of Judah. And it's not "survive judgement day" it's the amount of people that will be allowed into heaven. The rest will be in suspended animation, in Abraham's Bosom.

DJOX
09-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Just had a crazy idea. What about this:

7001 = (7 + 0) + (0 + 0) + (0 + 1) = 701

From my point of view translated into GOA.

Damn, I love talking nonsense (or am I?)

It were the Eastern philosophies stating that there is a logic in nonsense (nothingness is something, and something is totally irrelevant)

Hmmm

Greetings

quasiperiodica
02-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I think it's meaningless. I think if it meant "1007" or "7001" then all the logos would do that. You're insane.

Parabolæ
07-22-2007, 12:32 PM
144,000 is the number of jews converted to Christianity during the Apocalypse (read Revelation, last book of the Bible).

Also might refer to 1,000 times 12^2 (which is 144)

miketh74
07-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I know of a great quote by a very smart man. "Overthinking, overanalyzing separates the body from the mind". Just a thought......

Hodge
07-28-2007, 11:50 AM
I know of a great quote by a very smart man. "Overthinking, overanalyzing separates the body from the mind". Just a thought......

oh we've never had this brought up before...

miketh74
07-28-2007, 05:43 PM
oh we've never had this brought up before...

I didn't bring it up....Maynard did.

Chris_Brightwell
07-29-2007, 08:32 AM

I really when people use Tool quotes against Tool fans.

miketh74
07-29-2007, 09:22 AM
I really when people use Tool quotes against Tool fans.

I'm not using Tool lyrics against anyone, just throwing a thought out there. There have been plenty of references in Tool songs about overanalyzing. Sorry if it offends, but I don't see the significance of the number 7001 relating to Tool. Do you know why they chose to call the band Tool?

Chris_Brightwell
07-29-2007, 10:11 AM
relating to Tool. Do you know why they chose to call the band Tool?No.

I have a few ideas, a few theories, but I don't know. I've never picked up the phone and asked Maynard, "So, why Tool? Why not something else?".

Neither do you.

And you know what? I don't really care. Just listen to the music.

hushypushy
07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I love when people cut off lyrics in their interpretation. Do you really thing that "overthinking" lyric means not to think? Maybe about the same as Maynard really thinks that "someone told me once that there's no right and wrong." Can't wait to see someone quote that...

miketh74
07-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Like I said, just a thought. No need to jump down my throat. I never convict or condescend anyone's interpretations of a Tool song...(unless it's way off). I'm just of the opinion that I didn't see the relation of the number 7001 to Tool. And yes, I've read plenty of interviews with Dan Carey and he explained the band name. Please excuse the reference to Lateralus, but I couldn't help myself.