PDA

View Full Version : does anybody bsides maynard know?

dissemblance
02-04-2003, 01:15 PM
i think that maynard (hereby simply m) set it up that way in that order for a reason<numerologcally speaking, he could have been after a higher meaning for his songs so that none can truly figure m or his songs out>.more to his way of thinking,he most likely wants people not to get too into what he is saying unless they are really into that brand of musical integrity. i remeber thefirst time i heard lateralus finding myself bewildered to the point i had to hear it 1 more time then another,then another.i couldnt stop with just one.i also remmber sitting in my room with the lights turned off and tool in my dvd player and letting it take to a different world listening to the sonic alchemy and hypnotic flow of drum and penetonic mastery

ignore-reality
03-04-2003, 12:03 PM
i don't think the rest of the band (and producer) would write an entire song without know what it's about lyrically.........so i guess there's a few more people out there you could track down

Jerk off
03-25-2003, 08:59 AM
but would they tell? I think not.

ignore-reality
03-25-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Jerk off
but would they tell? I think not.

true.......I wouldn't really want to know myself exactly what everything means.

HolyHandgrenade
03-25-2003, 10:49 AM
i disagree with ignore-reality on this one. I think its very likely that that the other band members dont know what a lot of the songs mean, excpecially the ones that are very personal (Pushit, H, Bottom, come to mind.) Other songs, such as Hooker With A Penis and Aenema, that are about general concepts and not really specific events or feelings in Maynards head, I'm sure the rest of the band is aware of. If I were in His position, I would definately want to keep some of it to myself, some things you can't share with anyone, no matter how close they are.

themazi
03-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by mstajduh
Yes, I am positive that someone besides Maynard knows.

I'm also quite sure that you'll see even though the original feeling that created these thoughs, feeling.. these wonderful songs....was influential.. it's much more exciting to explore everyone else's feelings to the songs.. rediscovering your own initial feeling.. to communicate.. the more you learn about others, the more you can learn about yourself.

Why take the detour? Usually that's more avoiding the mind itself, and sometimes it's ever denying the mind itself. You have learnt it, it's there, you just need to figure out how to think of it. For instance you can take notes on the way you react to different colors, thus learn about yourself.