PDA

View Full Version : TOOL enters recording studio today

Wolf
03-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Check the bottom of the latest TOOLBAND update.

symbiosis
03-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah but when are they going to enter the bathroom?

When they realize they're pseudo-intellectual music is nothing to rant about.

MasterOfKtulu109
03-16-2005, 12:42 PM

so if they start recording now, i will expect a july/august release. yay.

symbiosis
03-16-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't get it.

Tyson
03-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Tool went to Disneyland?

5th Eye
03-16-2005, 12:47 PM
I hope they record faster than that.

Blair said that he wanted to check up on how the process was going. So they probably started a while ago, not today.

Perseensilmä
03-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Check the bottom of the latest TOOLBAND update.

It doesnt say that this is the start of the recording progress. Blair just gets the change to see it now. They may have done it for months.

Isac Khrondor
03-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Wow, they've been going in and out for ages now.. what's your point?

flipmojo
03-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Here is what he wrote.

"Hopefully, I'll get a chance to see how the recording process is going tomorrow. I owe MJK a bottle of wine anyway, so if I make over there, I'll post something."

By recording process, I think he means creating/recording. Maybe they are doing them simultaneously? I'm still sticking with my late June release date guess.

I'm still expecting to hear about the DVD coming out next month any day now too.

mike tyson
03-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm still sticking with my Blair is a douchebag guess.

Shit, I'm right.

tomXwithXweather
03-16-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm still sticking with my Blair is a douchebag guess.

Shit, I'm right.

Damn you're smooth

flipmojo
03-16-2005, 03:58 PM
This is from last months newsletter at toolband.com

"Okay, the recording sessions are going very well, although it's still too early in the process for there to be a specific release date. Ditto with the live DVD, which isn't finished being edited yet, and which probably won't be released until after the new CD, perhaps in tandem with some other goodies that have been in the works for a while."

After that was said, Blair did post an update saying the DVD had been "slated" for release. I interpret that to mean that the DVD has a date set for release, except they are not letting the public know yet.

So, the bottom line is that Tool has been recording material for awhile now. There is no doubt about that. The DVD has to be in the final stages of editing as well. As far as release dates go, we are still screwed. They aren't saying anything. But I would guess we will finally get the new album and DVD no later than June or July.

Ashes-TO-Ashes
03-16-2005, 04:14 PM

They're = They are

symbiosis
03-16-2005, 04:18 PM
They're = They are

Thank you.

Ashes-TO-Ashes
03-16-2005, 04:21 PM
You're welcome. I figured I may as well inform you since no one in elementary school did.

:)

symbiosis
03-16-2005, 04:25 PM
:(

I was so poor, I couldn't even pay attention, true story.

Ashes-TO-Ashes
03-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Sounds like Dangerfield.

simple1
03-16-2005, 08:32 PM
FISH DON'T FRY IN THE KITCHEN!!! BEANS DON'T BURN ON THE GRIIIIIILL!!

I think I just might jiszm.

You know what this means?

I get to go see Tool again this summer!

w00t!

vic1torious
03-16-2005, 09:31 PM
its all over when the new tool album comes out. i probably will leave it in my cd player for another 5 years until the next took album comes out

ARMZ
03-17-2005, 05:57 AM
FISH DON'T FRY IN THE KITCHEN!!! BEANS DON'T BURN ON THE GRIIIIIILL!!

I think I just might jiszm.

You know what this means?

I get to go see Tool again this summer!

w00t!
Thanks mate, I can't get this song out of my fucking head now.

Batter up!

5th Eye
03-17-2005, 09:46 AM
So, the bottom line is that Tool has been recording material for awhile now. There is no doubt about that. The DVD has to be in the final stages of editing as well. As far as release dates go, we are still screwed. They aren't saying anything. But I would guess we will finally get the new album and DVD no later than June or July.Dangit!!! I want to know when they're coming out, so I can break open my envelope with the fresh 20 in it. June sounds decent, but I wish they'd go faster (but not so fast as to hinder quality).

simple1
03-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks mate, I can't get this song out of my fucking head now.

Glad I could help you out with that! ;)

5th Eye
03-17-2005, 10:12 AM
I wonder if I'll be in town when they do Cleveland or wherever in Ohio. I wonder if I could go...that'd be awesome, I've seen vids of Lateralus shows.

Dirty Sanchez
03-17-2005, 06:39 PM
After that was said, Blair did post an update saying the DVD had been "slated" for release. I interpret that to mean that the DVD has a date set for release, except they are not letting the public know yet.

Where's this update?

Cyanide ChrYst
03-17-2005, 09:51 PM
How long does it generally take to record, mix, distribute and release an album? I want to hear what you THINK, not what you hope, as far as the month is concerned.

Are we talking six months? Three? A year?

UnholyBelligerence
03-18-2005, 05:33 AM
I think sometime next year, maybe jan/feb. Its almost impossible for a band with any ambition to create something worthwhile produce music in little over a couple of months. Then youve got recording and mixing, advertising, distribution. Not happening soon.

Isac Khrondor
03-18-2005, 08:39 AM
I read in an article at Toolshed that Adam (in the Undertow - Aenima days) carried a video camera around with him and filmed stuff while they were on tour and backstage and at hotels and stuff, it would be a pleasant suprise if some really old stuff turned up on this DVD that will probly never get released.

MasterOfKtulu109
03-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm guessing an August release. This is not my hope, but what I believe will happen. If they are recording now, I figure they will have it all completed and mixed and everything by the end of May. Then add 2 months or so for the record company to get their shit together.

I'm just guessing based on what I've seen.

example: Dream Theater just finished recording and mixing their album, and it is coming out the first week of June.

Ertai
03-18-2005, 03:12 PM
July release.... its been stated.. by me.. an unoffical source

Ashes-TO-Ashes
03-18-2005, 05:16 PM
How long does it generally take to record, mix, distribute and release an album? I want to hear what you THINK, not what you hope, as far as the month is concerned.

Are we talking six months? Three? A year?

I hope it doesn't take more than a few months. We've been waiting so long as it is. Gosh I hope.

Helios
03-19-2005, 09:40 PM
I think that after what happened with the Lateralus release, they will be aiming to make the time between concrete news of release dates, recording, album name, track list, etc and the actual release date as small as possible. My feeling, and I hope it's somewhat acurate, is that they will spring the album on us very quickly. They won't announce the relase date and tracklist/name etc until a couple of weeks before the release, and at that time they will already have a website up and going that bears the nemae of the album, so it doesn't get registered by someone else.

At least with that in mind I can still hope that someday I'll wake up and check toolband for news and it will say that the new album will hit stores in a couple of weeks, and it'll have a link to a website with an audio sample of one track or something, and then I'll have a spontaneuos orgasm.

imperfect
04-10-2005, 04:31 PM
whenever, as long as oone comes out. ill sleep till then. plus the longer you wait the better its gonna be.

Andy DV
04-10-2005, 05:18 PM
I think sometime next year, maybe jan/feb. Its almost impossible for a band with any ambition to create something worthwhile produce music in little over a couple of months. Then youve got recording and mixing, advertising, distribution. Not happening soon.

dude blair posted that they started working on this album the very next day after the lateralus tour ended, which was in november of 2002. i think all the grunt work is over and now they're just laying it all down. and once thats over id say no more than 2 or 3 months before it is actually released. im guessing the end of the summer, late july or august.

of course thats assuming its just the album. if they were to couple it with some other golden nugs, who the hell knows.

Spongebob
04-10-2005, 09:50 PM
im pretty sure they have finished writing, and they have bee nrecording for awhile now, a month or more. so how long did it take for lateralus to be relased, after they started recording.

Dr_Gigolo
04-11-2005, 03:24 AM
im pretty sure they have finished writing, and they have bee nrecording for awhile now, a month or more. so how long did it take for lateralus to be relased, after they started recording.
"Good news, April fools fans. The writing and recording is back under way. When approached for comment on his recent encounter with the Son of God, Maynard said, "That guy's a punk!"" - Blair

I'm pretty sure they haven't finished writing yet. That is, if you can trust stuff that Blair says... which you can't, so your guess is as good as mine...

IC
04-11-2005, 05:23 AM
I'm guessing an August release. This is not my hope, but what I believe will happen. If they are recording now, I figure they will have it all completed and mixed and everything by the end of May. Then add 2 months or so for the record company to get their shit together.

I'm just guessing based on what I've seen.

example: Dream Theater just finished recording and mixing their album, and it is coming out the first week of June.
yeah but Dream THeater are studio professionals. Not that Tool isnt, but tool takes more time to get things the way they want. DT has these boxy mathimatical songs that they probebly throw down in one or two takes. Plus Im pretty sure they take care of all the producing too- mike portnoy and petrucci have their own like record company. Theirfore, DT is top priority.

5th Eye
04-11-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty sure they haven't finished writing yet. That is, if you can trust stuff that Blair says... which you can't, so your guess is as good as mine...They probably rewrite and revise as they record.

DeRais
04-11-2005, 01:02 PM
They said that when they enter the studio, they are pretty much playing the song live as it is heard on the record...

EricMatthewLeavell
04-12-2005, 12:15 AM
i'm assuming winter this year, or early next year.

5th Eye
04-12-2005, 08:56 AM
That's too late.

Ryan
03-30-2006, 12:27 AM
hey, guess what?

it's almost april. may comes after april. may 2 is the release date of the new tool album.

we've waited 6 years.

let's all stfu til then, k? k.