PDA

View Full Version : I'll keep digging....

Billy GreenJean
02-04-2003, 08:55 AM
I often wondered what TooL was driving at this past tour, '01,-'02. They were certainly trying to get some sort of message across and the DRT show segment was the focal point of this message I believe. Triad is one of those songs that is working on many different levels, as do just about all of TooL's songs but I think I may have stumbled across another piece of the puzzle here.

Check this out.

TG Triad, or the Three. The ten Sephiroth are contemplated as a group of three triads: Kether, Chochmah and Binah form the supernal triad; Chesed, Geburah and Tiphereth, the second; and Netzach, Hod and Yesod, the inferior triad. The tenth Sephira, Malkuth, is beyond the three triads. [W.W.W.]
The above is Orthodox Western Kabalah. Eastern Occultists recognise but one triad -- the upper one (corresponding to Atma-Buddhi and the "Envelope" which reflects their light, the three in one) -- and count seven lower Sephiroth, every one of which stands for a "principle", beginning with the Higher Manas and ending with the Physical Body -- of which Malkuth is the representative in the Microcosm and the Earth in the Macrocosm.
KT Triad or Trinity. In every religion and philosophy -- the three in One.
WGa Triad, the triad consists of Atma-Buddhi-Manas, and is the reincarnating man. It is the upper third of the Septenary; which see. Its symbol is an equilateral triangle.
SEE PRINCIPLES, TRINITY

Note the mention of 7 and 3, a recurring theme for TooL. The whole part of Triad being reincarnation I found interesting seeing as it follows Reflection on the album and in most live performances as well.

shadowwalker
05-03-2003, 08:14 PM
this is all extremely interesting and intruiging and very thought-provoking, except that i find it very confusing and distant in my mind. its so hard to understand, its like i subconsciously know what it means, but consciously i only have vague and blurry ideas. very cool though. i should read more stuff like this

paraflux
05-06-2003, 11:07 AM
The vision I had was one of a new solar system being born. We accomplished this by leaving on the vessel designed to carry our souls (in reflection, the call to hurry before its too late). The reincarnation aspect could be the large-scale reincarnation, the one where we die here in this dimension and become a new creation with the same energy in the next dimension. I rather like this thought.