PDA

View Full Version : So this is what i think

FRANK THE TANK
03-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Lateralus is an amazing song if you trully look at it. This is my interpretation of the song....

"Black and white are all I see in my infancy..."- This line means that as infants (or the early stages of life) we view the world with certain ideologies, kind of a default way of looking at things. This is mainly due to authority figures like parents and so on. "Red and Yellow then cam to be, reaching out to me, lets me see..."- As we grow up we start developing our own beliefs and ideologies. I would guess this starts to happen during the teens. Once we develop these ideas we start seeing the world differently, through our eyes and not the eyes of others. "As below so above and beyond"- We begin to see things as they really are, and even be able to read in between the lines. "Push the envelope, watch it bend"- Once this type of thinking is achieved, we can begin to think outside the box(push the envelope). The following, I believe is a warning. "Over thinking, Over analyzing separates the body from the mind"- This is a warning saying that if we try to think too hard, over analze everything then we will begin to lose our ability to tell the difference between reality and that which is not real. Hence, "withering my intuition".

"With my feet upon the ground....go where no one's been"- this entire vers i think is one of my favorites...I think it means that as long as we keep a "realistic" view on things and not a optimistic or pessimistic view on things. We must open our minds and let all these ideas in and give them all a try, these ideas can be found anywhere(reaching for the random...) if we find an idea that "Bewilders"(mystify) us then we should emvrace it. If we do this..."we may just go where no one's been". Well that's that...thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope that this has enlightened in any way.

FRANK THE TANK
03-08-2005, 05:05 PM
BTW i will be doing "Reflection" next so stick around.

FRANK THE TANK
03-10-2005, 07:26 AM
HEY GUYS PLEASES REPLY...I WANNA SEE WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK ABOUT MY THEORY.

FRANK THE TANK
03-10-2005, 07:25 PM
I can't describe it....but i know when i play it on my guitar....i feel like just ROCKIN OUT ( if u know wut i mean).....BTW i dont wear panties.....i go commando