PDA

View Full Version : Strange intro noise

Bill_Hix
03-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I wonder what the new noise will be in this album. I'm going to say it will be different from the lateralus elevator. Seeing as though it was about evolution and spiritual enlightenment (or things along those lines), an elevator going up would make sense. As far as I know, this new album will be heavier and darker, so I think they will go with a mixture between a decending album, and the undertow bong hit/motorboat.

Maybe someone hitting a bong in a motorboat that is sinking.

I don't know, let's hear your opinions.

paraflux
03-07-2005, 03:08 PM
dammit, I always heard it as a film projector starting up. Would be almost the same concept, if the theme was that this is but an illusion.

The new noise will be a girl moaning... "Oh mstajduh! My legs dont bend back that far!"

Bill_Hix
03-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Maybe a penguin moaning that...

paraflux
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
You're right.

holy reality
03-07-2005, 04:27 PM
they will surprise you all and just start out with adam playing the following chords in drop d.

--0-2-10-12--------
--0-2-10-12--------
--0-2-10-12--------

maybe.. just maybe... it will be in the key that uses 3s and 5s... but don't count on it.

.TP
03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
^

....says the guy with too much time on his hands....

5th Eye
03-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Maybe there'll be nothing at all. Ten minutes of silence, and then the first song starts. In the same track, just to tick people off.

SiGuy
03-07-2005, 09:13 PM
its TOTALLY gonna be the sound of a bong bubbling. mark my words, so that i can say plenty of i-told-you-so's later.

pacifister
03-08-2005, 08:45 AM
dammit, I always heard it as a film projector starting up. Would be almost the same concept, if the theme was that this is but an illusion.

I've always listened to the Grudge thinking that the sound is some huge, elaborate mechanical door opening. This of course fits with the elevator/ film projector metaphors.

Or maybe it's the machinery of the mind or evolution starting up

I don't think there's any hope of speculating how Tool will start the album. If they were predictable, they wouldn't be Tool.

symbiosis
03-08-2005, 09:15 AM
it will be another message to harry...

5th Eye
03-08-2005, 09:31 AM
I at first thought that the sound at the beginning of The Grudge was the sound of a huge, complex machine starting up. But, I think it's generally accepted to be an elevator. Cool sound either way.

holy reality
03-11-2005, 07:00 PM
it's your mind opening, not an elevator, man.

jimbobvaquero
03-11-2005, 07:14 PM
LMAO. Oddly enough, when I read the title of this thread and the intro post, I was thinking "someone passing gas" will be the next new sound.

wouldn't a fart be an "outro"??? . . .

a_sirian_in_agony
03-11-2005, 08:34 PM
its a big fuckin door opening, and we'll never know what tool will put on there because we won't, until the album comes out, that is....

Bill_Hix
03-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Maybe there'll be nothing at all. Ten minutes of silence, and then the first song starts. In the same track, just to tick people off.

Lol, nice theory. Sad it is actually what Tool would do.

I think it will be the sounds of "churning butter", very windy-like.

Hahahahahahaha, that would be a golden moment in Tool history.

downward_spiral
03-11-2005, 10:14 PM
i think it sounds a bit like a washing machine starting up. i like the quote saying "it's your mind opening up" cause this infact could be true

el rancho ovulate
03-11-2005, 10:25 PM
i think it sounds a bit like a washing machine starting up. i like the quote saying "it's your mind opening up" cause this infact could be true

or NOT!!!

SiGuy
03-12-2005, 03:35 AM
ouch, i still think its a two track reel to reel tape recorder starting up. with reverb added. that plus the fact that it would Make sense and all. but why would that matter. as for why... well im lost.

ARMZ
03-12-2005, 05:34 AM
I'll go for a sloshing sound, kind of like what you hear when you shove your fingers into a.........something wet.

Cyanide ChrYst
03-12-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm going to say it will be different from the lateralus elevator.

No shit? You honestly dont think they'll use the exact same noise to open their new album? How the hell did you come to that conclusion? Allow me to be a bit ballsy, and pardon my french PLEASE, but

YOU ARE A PROGRESSIVE THINKER!!

Sincerely,

Cyanide

Bill_Hix
03-13-2005, 08:41 AM
I'll go for a sloshing sound, kind of like what you hear when you shove your fingers into a.........something wet.

Hahaha

I always pictured the lateralus sound as an elevator off of some video game I always played maybe Quake or Quake 2.

Fink
03-13-2005, 12:34 PM
I always pictured the sound as an industrial-sized fan starting up.

Isac Khrondor
03-13-2005, 02:09 PM
I think it will begin with a little girl crying, and then Maynard trying to calm her down by singing a lullaby, then the little girl will scream ' Pervert '

Then there will be loads of crashing noises and muffling, and then Maynard saying
' Shit, this thing is on! '

Then Danny and Adam will run in to see what all the fuss was about, you'll hear danny shoot Maynard with his shotgun, and then you'll hear Adam shoot the little girl with his water pistol, then Justin will walk in, and you'll hear him say something about this kind of thing only happening in America, then he walks out to buy a ticket back to England to rejoin Peach so I can see them live.
Then you hear Blair typing it all up, and posting it on Toolband.com.

Actually, scrap all of that, the intro will be Blair doing something, do you think Blair might be in the new album?

5th Eye
03-14-2005, 09:10 AM
He'd better not be. With all the shit he spouts off for Toolband, I don't want to have him doing anything to ruin Tool any more.

Naga Royal Guard
03-20-2005, 03:09 PM
yes, Blair should become the new bassist for Tool IMO

5th Eye
03-21-2005, 09:18 AM
NO! Even if Blair was good at bass, he could not ever replace Justin.

Anjerasu
03-21-2005, 09:30 AM
No Blair will become their dancer like Bez from the Happy Mondays... or Lars from The Metallicas, or maybe even Fred Durst from the Gay Bizkits

eulogizer
03-21-2005, 09:31 AM
I hope its Blair getting shot in the face. Seriously, that would make it the best Tool album ever.

5th Eye
03-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Blair will be the guy who stands in the back in a suit, laughs at the band, and throws water bottles at Maynard.

JstCloseUrEyes
03-23-2005, 05:43 PM
they will surprise you all and just start out with adam playing the following chords in drop d.

--0-2-10-12--------
--0-2-10-12--------
--0-2-10-12--------

maybe.. just maybe... it will be in the key that uses 3s and 5s... but don't count on it.

I dont get it...maybe I am too drunk... but.. I played it...and it's...not a bad intro..or..something...uh..i'mm gonna drink more,

mike tyson
03-23-2005, 05:58 PM
they'll do it like a rap album and have gunshots, or coins spinning

IC
03-23-2005, 06:46 PM

I always thought it was generators being turned on.

IC
03-23-2005, 06:47 PM
they'll do it like a rap album and have gunshots, or coins spinning
or a phone message.

Message to Harry Manback 3

"Yo. you know what? I only have 9 seconds to call you a bastard before they start playing. you bastard. oh yeah- potitqueo tana. "

Andy DV
03-23-2005, 06:51 PM

--0-2-10-12--------
--0-2-10-12--------
--0-2-10-12--------

jeez what a cheap shot. do you just look for threads that have an opening for unwarranted criticism?

Bill_Hix
03-23-2005, 06:53 PM
I think it will begin with a little girl crying, and then Maynard trying to calm her down by singing a lullaby, then the little girl will scream ' Pervert '

Then there will be loads of crashing noises and muffling, and then Maynard saying

Then Danny and Adam will run in to see what all the fuss was about, you'll hear danny shoot Maynard with his shotgun, and then you'll hear Adam shoot the little girl with his water pistol, then Justin will walk in, and you'll hear him say something about this kind of thing only happening in America, then he walks out to buy a ticket back to England to rejoin Peach so I can see them live.

Actually, scrap all of that, the intro will be Blair doing something, do you think Blair might be in the new album?

Hahaha, nice fantasy

They should do some more message to Harry Manback, I agree.

I actually made this thread to say that I know what is going to happen, I'm actually Adam, and Maynard....and Danny and Justin. They call me...JAMD, because I'm really jammed together. Anyways, uh, oh yeah. We're hiring a mime to play cowbell for the intro.

Bill_Hix
03-23-2005, 06:54 PM
And unwanted Mr. DV.

Tyson
03-23-2005, 06:54 PM
The opening sound will be a cash register going ‘Ca-Ching’ which will open the album to a bunch of Floyd covers.

Or it will be a huge gong sound just to give Danny an excuse to carry the gong around during next tour.

IC
03-23-2005, 06:56 PM

Wow Isac. Best post EVER

JstCloseUrEyes
03-23-2005, 07:07 PM
jeez what a cheap shot. do you just look for threads that have an opening for unwarranted criticism?

OMG i don't get the thing with the chords...well.. I am really drunk now.. woo spring break..anyway.. I don't get it...

Carny_Handles
03-23-2005, 09:44 PM
It will be a gunshot and it will echo and in the echos they (tool/the band) will slowly get louder and louder.

diogenes
03-23-2005, 10:56 PM
It will be the sound of a hammer repeatedly striking a human skull.

SiGuy
03-23-2005, 11:38 PM
It will be the sound of a hammer repeatedly striking a human skull.

does it have to be human?

Bill_Hix
04-01-2005, 04:01 PM
edit: fuck, nevermind

Nith Sahor
04-01-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm thinking it might be the sound of peope tap dancing/Danny Carey drumming on snow with the strange crunching sound, but it's highly unlikely.

Svucktar
04-01-2005, 08:53 PM
I'd like to hear an amplified sound of a muscle tearing, its just one of the most satisfyign noises.

DeRais
04-01-2005, 10:30 PM
It'll sound like a boot in mud

Isac Khrondor
04-02-2005, 02:45 AM
I want it to be the sound of a new born goat drowning in custard.

Perseensilmä
04-03-2005, 06:28 AM
I bet that Danny will just fart in to the mic.

5th Eye
04-03-2005, 09:23 AM
I bet that Danny will just fart in to the mic.That's one of his new drum sounds for his new flashy purple drums. He'll have a "fart" setting, and whenever he hits the drum, it'll make a nice satisfying flatulent rip...mmmmm...

Perseensilmä
04-03-2005, 09:39 AM
That's one of his new drum sounds for his new flashy purple drums. He'll have a "fart" setting, and whenever he hits the drum, it'll make a nice satisfying flatulent rip...mmmmm...

So you have heard new Tool too? It aint actually Danny´s drums that make the sound but it is the fifth (new) member of Tool. The new member is a petoman, a certain kind of an artist.

5th Eye
04-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Oh. Okay fine.