PDA

View Full Version : Bill Hicks and his gifts of forgiveness

cre8soul
02-03-2003, 06:35 PM
I do beleive...(Now this is just an idea, but makes perfect sense)...This song was inspired by Bill Hicks, or at least some of the subject matter...If anyone owns the album "Rant in E Minor" and have listend to track 8 "gifts of forgiveness" you would probably say the same thing as I do...Bill goes into detail on the time he took a "heroic dose" of mushrooms (5 dried grams) on a ranch in Fredricksburg Texas and had a very very intense uplifting experience...
It's great material so i don't want to spoil it for you, but to emphasize my point, Bill details " it is only our illusion that we are seperate from god, in fact we are one with god and he loves us, and there is nothing we can do to change that"...
Anyway, you would have to hear the whole track to really know what I mean, but I do feel this great work inspired Tool!!!

OpiAtE_666
03-15-2003, 01:12 PM
I think Tool and Bill Hicks have similar philosophies. I don't think they would write a song about Bill Hick's experiences, I think they probably had a similar experience. Tool is very open-minded and I think its safe to say after Third Eye that they have the same attitude towards drugs as Hicks does. BTW: Bill hicks is the greatest comedian of our time, anybody who hasn't heard him, go out and buy "Rant In E Minor". "Arizona Bay" is good too.

abefrohmn
03-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by cre8soul
I do beleive...(Now this is just an idea, but makes perfect sense)...This song was inspired by Bill Hicks, or at least some of the subject matter...If anyone owns the album "Rant in E Minor" and have listend to track 8 "gifts of forgiveness" you would probably say the same thing as I do...Bill goes into detail on the time he took a "heroic dose" of mushrooms (5 dried grams) on a ranch in Fredricksburg Texas and had a very very intense uplifting experience...
It's great material so i don't want to spoil it for you, but to emphasize my point, Bill details " it is only our illusion that we are seperate from god, in fact we are one with god and he loves us, and there is nothing we can do to change that"...
Anyway, you would have to hear the whole track to really know what I mean, but I do feel this great work inspired Tool!!!

Why do you think Hindus hold cows sacred?!

endorphins
04-20-2003, 07:32 PM
He had a lot to say...He had a lot of nothing to say