PDA

View Full Version : Radio Aenima

watchtheweather
02-03-2003, 06:20 PM
In my hometown of pensacola FL. i have heard just about every song of Aenima on the radio here let me list them- Stinkfist, Eulogy, H., 46 and 2, Aenima,Push it, and one of my freinds said that he heard jimmy once but i have never heard it myself. Is it like this in all of yalls cities too. Or is it because Aenima is a radio freindly album which would be quite shocking to me.??

seeker
02-04-2003, 01:19 AM
i've never heard tool on the radio... no ænima, no undertow, no lateralus, no opiate, no salival. but i don't listen to the radio much, so i'm not complaining.

skywarp94
02-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Boston's 107.3 WAAF is very Tool friendly. Here are the Tool songs that I've definitely heard them play over the years:

Sober
Prison Sex
Stinkfist
Eulogy
H.
Forty-Six & 2
Aenema
No Quarter
Schism
Parabola
Lateralus

In answer to the original post, I think Aenima is the most radio-friendly of the Tool albums, mostly because of song length. I like Lateralus better, but a lot of stations won't chew up 11 minutes of time to play a track like "Reflection".

Just another random radio note. "Lateralus" is causing quite a pain with me. There seems to be a radio hack of the song that cuts out the entire mellow "swing on the spiral" section and the 2nd guitar solo. WAAF is my favorite station but I've heard them play the real version as well as the shortened hack version. I'm boycotting them until I stop hearing the disgusting version of my favorite song, so I don't know how much other Tool they might be playing nowadays. Ok, rant over.

Whoops, almost forgot. On New Year's Eve '01 (12/31/01), WAAF did this thing where they played roughly an hour's worth of live music from a whole bunch of bands. It was Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Tool, Megadeth, and Metallica. They pretty much just played the live tracks off of Salival (I was hoping "live" meant they had a recording of a recent show), so count these in with my list:

Third Eye (live)
Part of Me (live)
Pushit (live)
You Lied (live)
Merkaba (live)

jpmanson
02-04-2003, 05:36 PM
well, here in the middle of a hick desert, we dont have any radio stations that play any modern rock, there are a few classic rock stations, a couple pop stations, about 5 country, 4 mexican, and 3 christian ministy stations.. so i dont listen to any of it.. i have ripped most of my cds onto my computer and i set it to random..

and when im in the car, ill listen to either a cd or nothing..

every once in a while ill go on a drive with my mom, and then ill listen to either a classic rock or a country station..

jpmanson
02-04-2003, 05:37 PM
sorry, i totally went off topic. after my rant, i meant to mention that in seattle there are a few stations that play a lot of tool songs.

TheInsideSource
02-06-2003, 02:44 AM
In England, on the radio I've heard "Lateralus" and "Parabol/a", that's about it really.

Timothy
02-06-2003, 04:52 AM
Tool is too good to be wasted on radio.

madmatt
02-07-2003, 03:47 AM
here in ozland i've only ever heard stinkfist on the radio after someone requested it. and i think i head it once on JJJ but that's about all there is for me, so count yourselves lucky if you get more than that!
oh well it doesn't really matter coz i hardly ever listen to the radio anyway..
but i do agree that aenima is the most radio-friendly of the albums.

spiralion
02-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Ive heard these on the local rock station 98.9 the rock (http://www.989therock.com):

Stinkfist (the reason I bought AEnima)
H.
46&2 the played alot one time recently
Schism (they cut the intro just like they don't play that badass les claypool intro/solo on NIB)

and well you know the rest they play on the radio (sometimes)