PDA

View Full Version : perhaps the meaning?

Zinnia
02-03-2003, 06:13 PM
the first time i heard this my thoughts whent something like, "oh my god, my favroite band are a bunch of neo nazis"
then i found the recipe(?) , for cookies, and thought it was halarious. then i realized the message they were tring to get across. not everything is what it seems. sometimes you have to dig just a little deeper. you could be surprised.

Penguin
02-16-2003, 06:44 PM
GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!! German does not = Nazi! Jesus f-ing Christ...

jpmanson
02-16-2003, 07:16 PM
first time i heard it i thought it was hilarious.. that was back in the day when i smoked a bunch of pot..

4th Eye
02-20-2003, 10:21 AM
I can't help laughing when I hear it. I was just listening to Ænima while walking back home from school and started to laugh when Die Eier started. People stared at me quite long...

eulogy508
03-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 4th Eye
I can't help laughing when I hear it. I was just listening to Ænima while walking back home from school and started to laugh when Die Eier started. People stared at me quite long...

yeah i know, especially how your average person would think its saying, "hate the jews!!!" when it really says, "and no eggs!"... sorry, i find that part very funny.

4th Eye
03-07-2003, 07:34 AM
Why do people always relate this to some kind of Hitler/nazi/hate the jews -stuff? I actually heard this interpretation here in TDN after I had heard Die Eier for zillion times...

German language is not equal to nazis... (Like Penguin said four posts above).

But after you fully understand the song, it's hilarious though...

...and I listened to it from headphones under my hat so it's kinda weird to other people when someone's laughing without reason 'cause they can't see the headphones...

eulogy508
03-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Why do people always relate this to some kind of Hitler/nazi/hate the jews -stuff? I actually heard this interpretation here in TDN after I had heard Die Eier for zillion times...

...and I listened to it from headphones under my hat so it's kinda weird to other people when someone's laughing without reason 'cause they can't see the headphones...

yes, that must've made you look like an idiot. :)

Jip
03-23-2003, 05:28 PM
I also laughed my ass off after i read and translated the lyrics. its just comical. I really think Tool is poking at our minds with this song. They are trying to point out how we make instant connections to things. They are forcing us to examine our thought process.

tomcat
04-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Well, I never thought that Tool went skinhead on me, but I sure was plenty confused. Then I found out the real deal with this song, and it is pretty funny.
It's my understanding that the song is meant to be a parody of the German Industrial/hardcore scene which was gaining some popularity at the time. It was especially targeted towards the bands Romstein and Die Warsaw, which made some disparaging comments about the American hardcore scene in the early 90’s. Apparently, the lyrics of most of their songs, if you care to translate them, are nonsense. That’s what Die Eier Von Satan is about. They were mocking German hardcore. I learned this from some shaven headed acquaints which then proceeded to tell me that Pete Coors (yes, the beer guy) is a card carrying member of the Neo-Nazi party, donating 5 and 6 figure sums of money each year to the Colorado Neo-Nazi Party. So, unless you like Nazis, I wouldn’t buy Coors products.
I hope this all wasn’t too obvious.

captian_planet
04-29-2003, 04:22 AM
the reason everyone relates it to the Jews and Nazism is that the guy speaking in german sounds like hitler. maybe a subconcious thing who knows but you can hear as he is talking the crowd screams and maybe they are trying to make it sound lke hitler

and if ive been informed right it was the singer to rammstein who sang the song, and he is neo-nazi from what ive heard so technically the song is kinda neo nazi

the funniest thing in the song was when i looked atr the ingredients it said "a pinch of german hashish" that was great

SaberRider
05-14-2003, 03:36 AM
I am from Germany, so if you want, i can translate it.
But I dont speak english very well.

4th Eye
05-14-2003, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by captian_planet
the funniest thing in the song was when i looked atr the ingredients it said "a pinch of german hashish" that was great

Wasn't it turkish?

Originally posted by SaberRider
I am from Germany, so if you want, i can translate it.
But I dont speak english very well.

No need for that. There's the lyrics section on this site and it's translated there. If people are too lazy to look it there, then they'll never know.

SaberRider
05-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Wasn't it turkish?

Yes it's turkish hashish

Hogpile
05-15-2003, 12:30 PM
One reason I think people relate the song to Nazism is because the holocast and WW2 atrocities committed by Hitler have left a black mark on the German society that never necessarily supported Hitler in the first place. Sad but true, when you say German, most people think Nazi. Secondly, the song has a really evil feel to it, not only because of the industrial music in the background, but also because of how harse the German language in general sounds to us foreigners.

Nearly_Sober
05-28-2003, 07:34 PM

hey man, its because they make it sound like some huge Hilter speech in a factory of some sort, or like he's standing in front of a huge crowd by a train. Just listen to it...Imagine this.

dawn
05-28-2003, 09:24 PM
I always thought it was cake...

Anywho...This song creeps me out...german just sounds like such an angry language to me...One of my best friends ever was VERY German...but not a Nazi ('magine that)...he was a pretty scary guy though...rather intimidating.

SaberRider
05-29-2003, 03:06 AM
@grrrl:
you're insulting me if you say that german is a state(?, i dont speak english very well)!!!
I think you americans can also be forceful and angry(i also think americans can be more forceful than german)!
and if you don't like german, just don't listen to it!
I also hate Hitler and the Nazis and their acts, like you!!

(and now the same in german:)
Du beleidigst mich, wenn du behauptest, dass Deutsch ein Zustand ist!!! Ich denke ihr Amerikaner könnt ebenfalls gewaltvoll und wütend sein!(ich denke auch, dass Amerikaner gewaltvoller sein können als Deutsche)!
Und wenn du Deutsch nicht magst, hör es dir einfach nich an!
Ich hasse Hitler und die Nazis auch, und die Taten, die sie vollbracht haben, genauso wie ihr!!

SpiralingMadly
12-07-2003, 12:49 AM
I also hate Hitler and the Nazis and their acts, like you!!

(and now the same in german:)

Ich hasse Hitler und die Nazis auch, und die Taten, die sie vollbracht haben, genauso wie ihr!!

Will you Please translate die sie vollbracht haben for me/us?
I have a very rough understanding of german, and it seems that all the rest of your translation matches up, with this extra part to it. I don't however have the fluency to translate without a guide.

AllforUnity
12-11-2003, 07:57 AM
l think this song was meant to make fun of Hitler. How you hear this hard-ass German voice in front of a crowd telling a recipe. Wonderful.

Sandoz
12-11-2003, 10:00 AM
the first time i heard this my thoughts whent something like, "oh my god, my favroite band are a bunch of neo nazis"
then i found the recipe(?) , for cookies, and thought it was halarious. then i realized the message they were tring to get across. not everything is what it seems. sometimes you have to dig just a little deeper. you could be surprised.Maynard would be proud.

...Fucking hell.

AllforUnity
12-13-2003, 12:34 AM
How...?