PDA

View Full Version : Parental Advisory / Edited

Bubba
02-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Was Lateralus releasled as a Parental Advisory / Edited CD? Cuz on my CD it doesnt swear at all...even in Ticks & Leeches where the lyrics are supposed to say fuck.

Professor Frink
02-03-2003, 09:28 PM
looks like it http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=12:26:27|AM&sql=Bslazefwkhgf5

seeker
02-04-2003, 01:07 AM
if you read the lyrics at www.toolband.com there aren't any profanities. and the "fuck" in ticks & leeches is very, very low audio at the end, so it's not something the rating board would have caught (besides, plenty of CDs get by with a fuck or two without earning PA). i think some issuings of the CD were labeled PA simply because it's tool and that's what's expected... maybe they're afraid of subliminal messages ;)

Latterlon
02-04-2003, 08:50 AM
from T&L:

Taken all I can, taken all I can, we(?) can take.
Taken all you can, taken all you can fuckin' take

spiralion
02-04-2003, 12:20 PM
I don't think I have it anymore, but it would be posted if I could scan things, but in the Replay magazine I saw Lateralus in a sam goody ad with the parental advisory on the cover. I think it was before or soon after it came out that I saw it.

seeker
02-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Latterlon
from T&L:

not according to the toolband.com lyrics... i'll have to have another listen to see if i hear it like you say it is. either way, it's not enough to be branded with the PA stamp.

a_divine_martyr
02-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Hmm...

Mine didn't have it.

Woohaa!

Flood
02-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Alice in Chains says fuck in a lot of their songs but yet Amazon.com lists their CD's free of parental advisory.

I'm 100% sure that Ticks and Leeches has a fuck in there.

Limo
02-09-2003, 04:54 PM
from T&L:

Thats what I thought it said too, but not so according to the tdn and toolband lyrics.

Thrakandor
02-09-2003, 06:44 PM
When it was first released and for a couple months after, it was labeled as having explicit lyrics on Amazon.

I thoguht it was odd at the time.

jpmanson
02-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Limo
Thats what I thought it said too, but not so according to the tdn and toolband lyrics.

what are you talkign about, click the link to lyrics, and read them, it says "fucking" but, just liek in the song, its easy to not notice. the word "fuck" has gotten to the point where its no longer offensive, but rather ignored.

Limo
02-10-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by jpmanson
what are you talkign about, click the link to lyrics, and read them, it says "fucking" but, just liek in the song, its easy to not notice. the word "fuck" has gotten to the point where its no longer offensive, but rather ignored.

Sorry, my bad.

But on Toolband.com theres definately no fuck in the lyrics for Ticks and Leeches.

watchtheweather
02-10-2003, 03:04 PM
a song must say fuck more than 2 times in a album two or more times in a album to get parental advisory. The reason is because many people think that tools lyrics are depressing and lead to anger and hate.(I am more obbsessed with tool than you will ever know and im very happy but thats beside the point) Also because of the idea of hidden messages for ritualistic cannabilism. go here www.toolband-sucks.com this and other orginizations like it forced this upon tool and instead of going ot court they said fuck it we dont care! your welcome

Sora
02-11-2003, 01:44 PM
Well, aren't you cool.

J1516
02-11-2003, 02:52 PM
There's actually a clean version of Lateralus. It's probably the exact same album. If the only difference is that there's no Ticks & Leeches then it is the best album ever.

ignore-reality
02-11-2003, 02:56 PM
What happened to the Fuck this, Fuck that stylings of Ænima and Hooker With A Penis. Kind of a fan of that...

Scratch
02-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by J1516
If the only difference is that there's no Ticks & Leeches then it is the best album ever.

Why does noone seem to like Ticks?

Limo
02-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Fuck you and the horse you rode in on, i love that song.

dan
02-13-2003, 12:30 PM
from T&L:

Taken all you can, taken all you can fuckin' take tis what i hear as well.

bringerofbasses
02-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by ignore-reality
What happened to the Fuck this, Fuck that stylings of Ænima and Hooker With A Penis. Kind of a fan of that...

What amazes me is how that album has it's fair share of cursing ...yet receives no PA sticker on it. When I first got it and heard all the cursing, I was looking throughout the jewel case and the sleeve for any kind of PA marking - none. Heh.

RNS
02-14-2003, 05:27 AM
I reckon there's definitely a fuck in Ticks and Leeches, which in my opinion is a dangerous tune, listen to how FUCKing crazy Maynard goes in it, yeeeeaaaahh!

stattica
02-15-2003, 04:04 PM
who the hell cares if he says Fuck or not, why is it such a big deal if it has a parental advisory or not? are you worried that some young kid is going to buy because it doesnt have one or something?

Entropia
02-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Yeah i think you have to have a certain amout of profanity in a cd to label it parental advisory, and plus in what means you're using the profanity like if it's in a sexual way or something really disturbing.

swaps
02-15-2003, 10:13 PM
The record label decides whether an album will carry a parental advisory. There isn't an "industry standard" for the PA label; albums are evaluated on an individual basis.

4th Eye
02-16-2003, 02:27 AM
Ænima had a PA label for reason, Lateralus won't need it. "Fucks" just don't fit in Lateralus.

Nirvana
02-18-2003, 04:07 AM
*Ænima had a PA label for reason, Lateralus won't need it. "Fucks" just don't fit in Lateralus.*

#
no?... why does he sing it then on the ticks and leeches song?... it stand in the lyrics and also you can hear it quit clear...
#

4th Eye
02-18-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, T & L is kinda different from the rest of the album but it's good that other album doesn't have swearing...or does it? It's just my opinion and I do like Ticks & Leeches, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against swearing, it's Tool's decision whether say fuck or not.

Bubba
02-19-2003, 03:52 PM
I just found out that Lateralus acually did have an Edited version at one point. It's out of print though (I don't know when)...so now there's only one version which doesn't have a PA sticker on it anyway. I didn't know that until now and just wanted to figure all that crap out.