symbiosis
02-24-2005, 01:16 PM
No.

PhatFiend
02-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Yes.

consumer#417
02-24-2005, 01:22 PM
i think that tool will either break up after this album, or go on to make dozens more...

no in-between...

Raider
02-24-2005, 01:22 PM
I hope it isn't and that they continue releasing more great music through the years, but my bet is on Yes.

Zhelives
02-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Well, a concert DVD and CD would finish the contract, would it not? I still believe this won't be there last album.

Divine_left
02-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I think this + the DVD will be the end of Tool on Volcano. However, they'll most likely get a new contract with a new label that offers them much more freedom. I mean, they're Tool, they're a garunteed platinum seler, it's not like no one will want them.

CCD
02-24-2005, 01:26 PM
I've speculated before that I think Tool will need to radically change their sound in order to continue to move forward. I don't think Tool is the kind of band to walk over the same ground too many times, so if this next album isn't much of a departure from Lateralus, I would say it is soon curtains for them.

They are all getting older, and being an angry, hard rock group ain't easy on a 40+ year old body.

peachyyy
02-24-2005, 01:27 PM
I hope they stick some sticks in their wide hole, and they like it

No

morgoth's shadow
02-24-2005, 02:22 PM
actually, it may be their last with maynard. remember that interview he did a while back discussing APC's Emotive in which he basically came across as very paranoid and pessimistic and said something about how there's not a whole lot of public demand for tool at this point (the guy is obviously delusional) and he's contemplating retirement. don't remember the magazine unfortunately.

5th Eye
02-24-2005, 04:29 PM
It was already stated by someone that Tool are under a record contract already and they have to release 2 more albums so I would say the answer is No.Shot down!!!

tomXwithXweather
02-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Well, a concert DVD and CD would finish the contract, would it not?

Shot down.

nipploleon dynomight
02-24-2005, 04:38 PM
They know if they quit a bunch of obsessive fans, (and the norm tool fan is obsessive) will stalk them and kill them.

Negative

5th Eye
02-24-2005, 04:38 PM
I don't think that just the DVD and CD finish the contract, do they? I thought it had to be 2 albums...

mike tyson
02-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Maybe they'll just pull an Emotive to finish the contract and split up.

eulogy508
02-24-2005, 05:00 PM
I think after this they'll do a greatest hits. It will consist of one song.

CyberSlave
02-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Nein.

eulogy508
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Nein.

Ooh, you speak German? You're hardcore man.

tomXwithXweather
02-24-2005, 06:52 PM
In my mind it will probably be their last album when you consider the time between albums, not mention they have to sign with another label if in fact a possible dvd would finish their contract with volcano. Plus after that time Danny could be into his 50s during a tour with Maynard and Adam not far behind. And theres a possible two years between now and a the end of the tour for the next album, and it could be closer to three.

SiGuy
02-24-2005, 07:30 PM
no, they will go independant and make a totally bizarre album about polar bear sex ... or something... which will drive them underground where they can make a new album every year and not tour then retire before they're famous again.

Andy DV
02-24-2005, 07:44 PM
I've speculated before that I think Tool will need to radically change their sound in order to continue to move forward. I don't think Tool is the kind of band to walk over the same ground too many times, so if this next album isn't much of a departure from Lateralus, I would say it is soon curtains for them.

They are all getting older, and being an angry, hard rock group ain't easy on a 40+ year old body.

agreed.

i think tool is one of the few bands that would be able to 'pull a king crimson' and be able to radically change and continue to grow until they're hobbling around with walkers. granted king crimson only has one original member, but it is robert fripp, so, well you know. and even if tool as we know it breaks up, im sure we'll continue to see some great art by the four members in some way or another.

all in all im not gonna be too upset if they call it quits. they know best when its time to end it, and better to get out while they're in their prime than start a steady downward spiral into mediocrity. i hypothesis king crimson will begin this decline in the year 2307 when the robert fripp robot begins to malfunction.

Spongebob
02-24-2005, 07:57 PM
how do you think tools musical ability will change over time though, as they get old they are surely less able, and the music is quite demanding. im sure danny can stay fit and drum well for a bit longer, and adam and justin can keep going, but maynards voice is increidble, and how long will it stay up there.

Andy DV
02-24-2005, 08:08 PM
i would imagine less heavy - more ambient, soundscape type stuff, yet still really dark and ominous. but thats just where i'd personally like it to go.

5th Eye
02-25-2005, 09:11 AM
i think tool is one of the few bands that would be able to 'pull a king crimson' and be able to radically change and continue to grow until they're hobbling around with walkers.Yeah, it would be really funny to see them do like a reunion tour and Maynard is all old and has a walker, and they play the Grudge and he's about to do the 30-second scream but his oxygen tank runs out and he falls to the stage, gasping...

5th Eye
02-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Hahaha... yeah, except that may get a little disturbing.

CyberSlave
02-25-2005, 10:57 AM
i would imagine less heavy - more ambient, soundscape type stuff, yet still really dark and ominous. but thats just where i'd personally like it to go.

I can defintely see that happening.

hoodling1229
02-25-2005, 02:40 PM
I think that this next album will be their last. they obviously have a goal to make each new album their best, and, after Lateralus, i don't think they will be able to top this next album. just my opinion.

eonbluekarma
02-25-2005, 02:46 PM
As long as he has a hot nurse, I think that's all that matters. Maybe she will be able to resuscitate him.

Yeah it will be the nurse who loved maynard

"see's got everything i need, some pills in a little cup"

CyberSlave
02-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Would you have thought they could top Aenima?? Probably not.

lastrose
02-25-2005, 03:01 PM
they didn't. close, but no.

I'm a firm believer that even the best bands are worth 3, maybe four great albums at the most. There's no shame in that...usually bands start making music with certain ideas in mind. People can only have so many great ideas, and when they run out, they should call it quits.

ARMZ
02-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Maybe California will slip into the ocean making this Tool's last album, forever.

Maybe Tool will release this new album plus a remix album or a live album or a dvd to fill out the contract and go into hiding just before the Chinese arrive.

Who knows but I think it will be Tool's last album of original material.

nipploleon dynomight
02-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Maynard will be the first to go, then Justin, and Adam and Danny will start a cover band called "Instrument" and not release their personnal info, make up fake names.

bwood99x
02-26-2005, 06:14 PM
I really hope not, but I just dont see where they are going to go from here expecially after the next album, as hoodling said. Most bands put out basically the same shit every time...every two years. Besides that I think they'll break up whenever their contract is actully up...This is just my opinion, and I really hope I'm wrong

flipmojo
02-26-2005, 07:23 PM
This may be the last album they do major touring on. But they will definitely keep making music. I still believe they are going to produce some kind of album that plays over a movie. Something similar to Pink Floyd "The Wall".

flipmojo
02-26-2005, 07:26 PM
actually, it may be their last with maynard. remember that interview he did a while back discussing APC's Emotive in which he basically came across as very paranoid and pessimistic and said something about how there's not a whole lot of public demand for tool at this point (the guy is obviously delusional) and he's contemplating retirement. don't remember the magazine unfortunately.

I remember Maynard saying something about making music until his heart stops beating. The demand for Tool is greater than the demand for A Perfect Circle. Just wait and see with this new Tool release. Tool will dominate the rock scene again, as they always have. Then, they will disappear again, as they always do.