PDA

View Full Version : New users sticky

Hogpile
02-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Moderators, feel free to move this to suggestion box, if you wish, but I still always get the feeling no one reads that shit, even you guys.

Anyway my idea:

McPheezy made a comment about the upcoming album, and the flood of new users that it will bring with it. So, I had an idea: I've seen other forums have a Sticky thread to the gist of "New members check in here", to try and cut down on the onslaught of "My name is ÆnimaRoolzToolz and I'm new here, HI" threads. Then they could all check in there, we could all say welcome to TDN, and they could be told "shutup noob" in the same thread. It would probably save some bandwidth, forum space, and all those other 1337 nerd terms I don't know the meaning of to describe said space. Not to mention moderator effort, I suppose.

Just a thought. You're welcome bitches.

MrMcPheezy
02-24-2005, 09:32 AM
This isn't a bad idea.

The other option would be to make an introduction forum, as only having one thread for all the noobs might get a bit cluttered/confusing. Unless we wanted to have the thread be soley for introductory posts..I guess there are a couple ways we could do it. Thanks for the suggestion.

searchforme
02-24-2005, 09:34 AM
yeah, pack 'em all into one thread and watch them fight it out for supiriority...........

o wait

_Amy_
02-24-2005, 09:34 AM
Good idea...A sticky or an a whole section for introductions would be cool.

Hogpile
02-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Good idea...A sticky or an a whole section for introductions would be cool.

Yeah, this is more along the lines of what I meant, than what searchforme and mstajduh said. I know searchforme was joking though. Don't burn your eye with that lighter beeeeeeacth. heh.

_Amy_
02-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Yea, we all had posted that at the same time. Great minds..