PDA

View Full Version : It could be about bill hicks

bobween
02-22-2005, 02:34 PM
'A child's rhyme stuck in my head.
It said that life is but a dream.'

is referencing the bill hicks show where he says something along the lines of '''we knew life was but a dream as kids. just like that song 'row row row your boat gently down the stream, merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream''... but we forgot that.'

and that would pretty much fit in with all the other references through out the album.

just in case you didnt know

5th Eye
02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Yes, Bill Hicks was a major influencer of Tool's lyrical content but I wouldn't say that that's what the album or song is about.

slave2addictions
02-23-2005, 07:05 AM
i think i would have to agree with ya bobween. maybe not the whole song directly about him, but the song has alotta references to him And i believe tool has acknowledged that 2 or 3 of the aenema songs are about or at least directed towards bill. He is on the inside cover and all.

ARMZ
02-23-2005, 08:15 AM
You have a crazy avatar. me wrikeys wery much.
__________________________________________________ ___
The progressive metal band Tool invited Hicks to open a number of concerts for them on their 1993 Lollapalooza appearances, and Hicks once famously asked the audience to look for a contact lens he'd lost. Thousands of people complied. Tool singer Maynard James Keenan so enjoyed this joke he repeated it on a number of occasions.