PDA

View Full Version : alot and nothing

eslupminoyler
02-02-2003, 08:40 PM
possibly you could separate this phrase up:
-He had alot to say(serious)
-He had alot of nothing to say(after we crucified him we realized he was the son of god, as if he is speaking for the jews that crucified him)
-We are going to miss him(he means this as a fact)

I think he wasn't even speaking from his own point of view:

-Get off your fucking cross we need the space for the next fool martyr(IN the bible, they taunted him by saying if you are the son of GOd you could get yourself down)
-After the third day he rose(I'd imagine that his funeral would have been around then, since no one recognized him, maybe Maynard literally means he heard his own eulogy. I'd say being surprised is an exaggeration
-You must be crucified for you sins and your lies, This is what they said he was being killled for in the bible

There are also instance of Maynard's opinion, which he could just be justifying as their reasons for crucifying him.
PEACE
FRom DEnver

eulogizer
02-10-2003, 09:41 PM
First, why does it necessarily have to be the bands view of the person in question? It doesn't. When I heard Leary heard his own eulogy it started making more and more sense. So here's a few discussions of lines.

"He had alot to say.
He had alot of nothing to say.
We'll miss him."

Leary did have a lot to say. However, many people believe it was a bunch of garbage thus leading to the second line. And then obviously the band misses him.

"So long.
We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.
Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried."

Leary wasn't afraid to die. He expiremented with a variety of drugs. So don't feel bad about dying. He was great but many don't recognize his achievements even though he tried.

"Come down.
Get off your fuckin cross.
We need the fuckin space to nail the next fool martyr"

This would be the view of all those who dislike Leary. In other words, stop making a big deal about drugs and such.

These are only a few lines. Look them over and you will find more consistencies.

eslupminoyler
02-12-2003, 06:32 PM
that name rings a bell, but I've never heard anything about him.
Anyway, the band definetely aimed this song(and most of their songs) at those people who are intelligent enoough to realize that this song is not about God. The retards that dismiss this song as a satan willed song are the real problems. They are the ones that give off the most negative influences. If you think very hard about this song you realize that the ones that speak out get off on the idea that it is supposedely evil at the same time reaching about how righteous they are. it makes me sick

eulogizer
02-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by eslupminoyler
that name rings a bell, but I've never heard anything about him.

Timothy Leary was a big drug experimenter. He performed the Concord prison expirements in which he tried to prove you could rehabilitate prisoners by giving them drugs and causing a life-changing experience. It was eventually shut down. Anyway, you will notice at TOOL concerts they read quotes by him and things of that nature.