PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Influences

UnholyBelligerence
02-20-2005, 12:50 PM
I hope they continue the far Eastern influences from some of Lateralus, like the tabalas and stuff.

ARMZ
02-20-2005, 07:23 PM
That would be cool but I think they've passed that and going to utilize a more outer space theme with even weirder sounds and whooshing noises.

wwwanggg
02-20-2005, 08:31 PM
The Eastern stuff is awesome, but I think it was a one-time deal. I'm expecting a Triad-like cosmic trippy feel for the next one.

wwwanggg
02-20-2005, 08:35 PM
i hope the next album isn't like triad at all, because then there would be 3 riffs on the whole album, and i would listen to it twice ever.

Dude. Triad is fucking awesome.

On psychedelics anyways.

wwwanggg
02-20-2005, 08:47 PM
one of the 2 times i've listened to the song completely was on dex or mush, i forget, but even then i found it to be boring.

Oh well, everyone has their own tastes.

ARMZ
02-21-2005, 05:31 AM
whooshing noises

UnholyBelligerence
02-21-2005, 06:59 AM
ah come on, at least one more eastern epic.

ARMZ
02-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Actually maybe they might use something Arabic just to piss people off who have a fear of Arabs aka Terrorists. I hope they do, I hope this album causes so much controversy that it gets banned. Well maybe not banned.

DeRais
02-22-2005, 05:05 PM
I wonder what games of mindfuck this album will play with us...

ARMZ
02-27-2005, 08:19 AM
I would love to hear more sounds in the background.

Flojob
02-27-2005, 08:40 AM
i hope the next album isn't like triad at all, because then there would be 3 riffs on the whole album, and i would listen to it twice ever.
Thats hard to imagine coming from a Primus fan.

5th Eye
02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
That would be cool but I think they've passed that and going to utilize a more outer space theme with even weirder sounds and whooshing noises.I think you're right; the eastern stuff was good, yet I think they're going to be a lot more sound-effecty on the new album. They didn't go too heavy on effects in Lateralus but Blair posted a thing on Toolband.com where he said something about Danny having a crapload of new drums/effects, so I think they'll be using a lot more of that.i hope the next album isn't like triad at all, because then there would be 3 riffs on the whole album, and i would listen to it twice ever.Yes, except Triad is still good, so there.

ARMZ
02-27-2005, 06:38 PM
I don't mind either way, I just want to hear new Tool, but if they went for a more ambient sound then that would be cool, although Lateralus was a very ambient sounding album...

I want more background noises, swirling sounds, build ups and anything else you can think of.

I just want new Tool.

reign3
02-28-2005, 12:42 AM
I have a feeling we'll be seeing some Eastern influence in this album, just because it's been in other albums as well. I hope this is the case because the Eastern influence really gave Lateralus a nice accent in my opinion. We'll just have to wait and see. But in the mean time, listen to some fucking Vas if you are into Eastern music.

ARMZ
03-02-2005, 06:07 AM
Go here to see Danny's new drum kit: http://www.dannycarey.org/page2.html
Click on Technology then future.

edit: also if you click on Philosophy then education then cyberclinic, you get to see Danny bashing away at his old drums from a view that's over his right shoulder from some old tour, it's short footage from 3 songs.

nipploleon dynomight
03-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Lateralus was a huuuuuuge step forward for tool. It's like they completely evolved into a more serious band. Their riffs were are melodic, deeper lyrics, and the tribal beats. I love it, I definately hope they keep the style.

5th Eye
03-02-2005, 03:36 PM
I hope they improve on it. I don't know how the hell they would though.