PDA

View Full Version : Please, Help Me To Translate This !!!

[anath]
02-02-2003, 11:39 AM
I`M MAKING A POLISH TRANSLATION OF AENIMA
COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME TO TRANSLATE SOME AENIMA QUOTES, SO I CAN UNDERSTAND IT

PLEASE HELP ME, PEOPLE OF AMERICA ;)

"One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied"
- WTF is that "One great big festering neon distraction"
- "festering" word
- "great" functions as "great building" or "great idea" ?

"I do not recognize the vessel, but the eyes seem so familiar.
Like phosphorescent desert buttons singing one familiar song... "
- phosphorescent desert buttons ? singing ? - ???

"fret for your latte"
- latte ?

"But i'd trade it all for just a little bit of piece of mind."
- is this a "PIECE of mind" or "PEACE of mind"
- and if it`s "piece of mind" - what does it mean ?

"bang my head upon the fault line.
Take care not to make me enter. "
- "upon the fault line" ?
- enter what ?

"What was it like to see the face of your own stability suddenly look away leaving you with the dead and hopeless?"
- i don`t quite understand what it means
- "face of stability"
- "suddenly look away" I look away ? He/She look away ?

"feel the outside turning in." - ???

"1. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing.
2. I've endured within my shadow."
- is this one or two sentences ?
- if it's one sentence, what does it mean ?

"façade" - ???

"I'm too smart when you're invisible by the bone and the symbol on you
so he bashes his skull through the window overlooking the sea
twilight amber egowe
were amused by this"
- bone ?
- twilight amber ego ?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
see you down in 4th dimension

Johnny Truant
02-02-2003, 03:44 PM
"One great big festering neon distraction,"- literal meaning is a bunch of lights in a city to make it look cool (kind of like vegas)
fester-literal meaning is "to form pus or to decay" so it means that it is disgusting, not a pretty place
latte- a kind of coffee
piece of mind- pretty much meaning a quest for knowledge.
a fault line is the line that separates two techtonic plates. it is where most eartquakes and volcanos occur

this is mostly the literal translations. what he means in the song could be different. i cant do anymore right now cause i have to go.

FuckingCode
02-02-2003, 09:47 PM
"What was it like to see the face of your own stability suddenly look away leaving you with the dead and hopeless?"

- Essentially talks about being abandoned by things that once made you feel comfortable.

"façade"

- Means something fake, or something that is not what it seems to be.

"feel the outside turning in."

- Turning "inside-out" can be (a) changing completely or (b) revealing something hidden.

Most of the other lines mentioned would confuse even most english speakers. The outlines I made were fairly literal.

Pro_Art
02-02-2003, 11:27 PM
bang my head upon the fault line.
Take care not to make me enter. "
- "upon the fault line" ?
- enter what ?

This is a metaphor. You have to look at some of the meanings for the song on this forum to get an idea. I know they exist because I've read them.

"feel the outside turning in."

also could mean hiding your hatred until it passes rather than exposing it all the time.

"1. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing.
2. I've endured within my shadow."
- is this one or two sentences ?
- if it's one sentence, what does it mean ?

One sentence. It means allowing the metamorphosis and cleasing to occur rather than continuing to fight it off.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

You're welcome

see you down in 4th dimension

I'll see you on the other side
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)

Paraguay
02-04-2003, 12:48 PM
*ahem*
UK, New Zealand, Australia, Tuvalu, Canada, Fiji, Ireland, Belize, Guyana, Jamaica etc.

thegman420
02-07-2003, 08:18 PM
I noticed no one mentioned the desert buttons. If I'm not mistaken this would refer to peyote (pay-OH-tee). I'm not sure if you've heard of this powerful drug or not but it is found in the desert if you eat the buttons off of it you will have a very potent and prolonged psychedelic experience (or so I hear). In other words you would trip your balls off and probably think that the buttons were singing to you. I hope this helps you.

[anath]
02-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by thegman420
I noticed no one mentioned the desert buttons. If I'm not mistaken this would refer to peyote (pay-OH-tee). I'm not sure if you've heard of this powerful drug or not but it is found in the desert if you eat the buttons off of it you will have a very potent and prolonged psychedelic experience (or so I hear). In other words you would trip your balls off and probably think that the buttons were singing to you. I hope this helps you.

i've read alot of Carlos Castaneda writings
did you meant the same experience as described in "The Teachings of Don Juan – A Yaqui Way of Knowledge" ?
experience that took place when they (Carlos and Don Juan) went to a desert to find some peyote (mescalito).
are you completely sure that those "phosphorescent desert buttons" represent peyote ?
and if so, what the word "buttons" stand for ?
shoud i interpret those "buttons" as a part of that plant ? a flower, maybe
anyway, thank you for your help

holy reality
02-08-2003, 11:34 AM
it is said then when you view the peyote plant or whatever it is in ultraviolet or some other form of light they look phosphorescent.... that is what he is talking about.... however if you are high chances are they might look phosphorescent to you as well.... like all shimmery and stuff..... i'm not sure

thegman420
02-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by [anath]
i've read alot of Carlos Castaneda writings
did you meant the same experience as described in "The Teachings of Don Juan – A Yaqui Way of Knowledge" ?
experience that took place when they (Carlos and Don Juan) went to a desert to find some peyote (mescalito).
are you completely sure that those "phosphorescent desert buttons" represent peyote ?
and if so, what the word "buttons" stand for ?
shoud i interpret those "buttons" as a part of that plant ? a flower, maybe
anyway, thank you for your help
I'm honestly not sure about anything maynard says in his lyrics, words have many meanings, that's just my thoughts on it. As for the book you mentioned, I've never read it so I can't help you there either. The buttons on the other hand I could probably help a little more there. From what I understand, the buttons on peyote are similar to eyes on potatos, you know, when you leave a potato in the fridge for so long that it gets the little spikes on it. I hope I'm not seeming like a smart ass, I'm just not sure of your knowledge of english so I'm trying to be as discriptive as I can. Hope this helps. By the way, if you translate the material on the album sleeve it may not have the same meaning in Polish for example the line 'see you auntie' is something that's probably only funny in english (read the faq, it's in the aenima section).

CharcolFlame
02-08-2003, 10:26 PM
when it sez fret for ur latte its sayin that alla the movie dudes are like bring me my fucken latte!!!!!!! its like this big thingy in america or whatever its this damn good coffe htat every1 cares about

ObviousParadox
02-10-2003, 04:02 PM
i don't think he's looking for what you believe the song is talking about. I think he needs simpler ways of understanding the words so he can find the translational equivelants...

[anath]
02-12-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by ObviousParadox
i don't think he's looking for what you believe the song is talking about. I think he needs simpler ways of understanding the words so he can find the translational equivelants...

Exactly, my friend... that is the point