PDA

View Full Version : maynard's undertow vocals

mantra mouse
02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
the vocals on undertow are my favorite of any album...who agrees? and if you don't, say which album you think has better vocals

bluefire
02-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Maynard's vocals are definantly the most raw and intense on undertow, but I've always thought that the vocals on aenima were Maynard's best work. In aenima Maynard is able to use both the intensity of undertow, yet he also displays his softer, more beautiful side to his voice. Aenima is my fav because it shows the full spectrum of his vocal capabilities,

Isac Khrondor
04-18-2005, 08:31 AM
I think he sounds like a redneck hillbilly on Undertow, Aenima or Lateralus clearly shows his real talent.

RidetheRedshift
08-24-2005, 11:01 AM
This album is the reason I fell in love with tool. So unbelievably raw and lyrically I think this was his best. Mostly because it all seems so 'from the gut'. I love Aenima too but I got a little worried because it became very literal and intellectualized...and that fear came to fruition on Lateralus. Now understand, this all seems a little (maybe a lot) petty given that Aenima and Lateralus are total classics...head and shoulders above almost anything else out there. But if I'm in the mood for checking out a tool CD my choosing order goes 1-Undertow 2-Opiate 3-Aenima 4-Lateralus 5-Salival. It's a natural thing to me. Sometimes it's hard to move beyond that first mind-blowing lovely moment, like in a relationship how people change and you just find yourself wanting to reach back to what they were before life affected them. Unlike a relationship with a person...I have the ability to throw on Undertow or Opiate anytime I want.....ahhhhh

Wretched
03-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I just discovered why I love this album so much earlier in the week. No reason why, it just hit me as I listened to Intolerance that this album is really good. Not better then Aenema and Lateralus, but certainly good for what it is.

savelints8
06-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Ænima vocals ftw. But the vocals on Undertow have that weird little distortion that sounds like Maynard is underwater.

TheConjuring
09-01-2006, 09:47 PM
His vocals on every albums are great, but when you listen to something like Lateralus, and then Undertow, you can see how much he has grown. Lateralus by far has my favorite vocals from him.

TheJuiceOfSatan
09-12-2006, 03:19 AM
his vocals on undertow were extremely intense. seeing him do this stuff live back in 93, 94, he just sang with malicious intent. ive never seen anyone sing with such intensity in any form of music.

duncang
09-20-2006, 05:50 AM
Lateralus is definitely the best.

The Grudge
Schism
Lateralus
Ticks & Leeches

Definitely the best.

Dreddnort
09-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Undertow is surely good-man Maynard's best work. The range of emotions coming through his voice is astounding. Sober is the masterpiece from Tool, from both a vocal standpoint and of course a instrumental standpoint. I think it was the best song of the decade. And I contend that the band itself does not realize it's importance, looking at where they are now. This song and the album should be viewed by Tool as the blueprint, like Led Zeppelin did with Led Zeppelin II. Their groundbreaking work after that album was inspired but retained their distinct "sound." Tool, like many others, think that behind reinvention lies the mark of progress. Listening to Undertow, you can hear who Maynard is because his voice, for the most part, is unaltered. But now he sounds like he is singing through a kazoo, a trick lesser vocalists use today to 'improve' their voices. Maynard does not need such augments.

TJP
09-23-2006, 12:38 PM
I think he sounds like a redneck hillbilly on Undertow, Aenima or Lateralus clearly shows his real talent.Haha i thought he sounded like that or like a cowboy

BDT
09-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I love his vocals, just show raw emotion. Undertow my be my favorite right now.

mr. nikki jensen
12-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Like the undertow vocal but my favorite(s) is Ænima and Opiate

There is no spoon
12-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Undertow definitely has the best vocals. Don't categorize vocals just as screaming, it's the entire body of sound.

Bodhi
12-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Lot of fight songs on Undertow.

mr. nikki jensen
01-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Undertow definitely has the best vocals. Don't categorize vocals just as screaming, it's the entire body of sound.

word!

resonance.
01-13-2007, 11:40 AM
The Undertow era has by far the best Maynard performances... flawless.

O.G.T.92
03-02-2007, 06:13 PM
I was just about to start this same thread actually, Listening to the last half of swamp song and undertow, it hit me. I could definitely be wrong, but the notes seem way higher on this album than any other. Don't get me wrong though, he's still got it.

Mattywasaracecardriver
03-19-2007, 07:44 AM
its got to be aenima for me. and for some reason i think of pushit when i think which song on the album is the best vocally, but maybe thats just the shear power of the song.

the top sonf vocally for me however it The Patient. sounds like he is truly mourning.

Esurient4Truth
03-19-2007, 04:53 PM
In undertow, you can clearly tell that Maynard's voice was "younger." I really appreciate that the older Maynard gets, how his voice is maturing and keeps getting better. For those of you that think his voice is going down the drain, listen to "Rev 22:20" and "The Undertaker" by Puscifer. Maynard is awesome, and I think these are some of his best vocals yet. His talent truly expands the longer he stays in the business.

Maynard rules.

tomisatool
03-25-2007, 11:45 AM
His voice shows the absolute best in Lateralus, however 10k, there are some unbelievably challenging lyrics in The Pot and Vicarious especially. However, Lateralus (song) is unbelieveable and wouldn't have been near as good if someone else was singing them.

Undertow is desirably raw, which is why its my favorite Tool CD, but no where near Maynards best. He's just like wine I guess.

Ghostwriter
06-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Maynard's vocals on Undertow are great because they are just so raw and gritty. SCREAM!

rembrandt_q_einstein
07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
undertow is my favorite tool album, so yes i would say i like maynard's vocals the best on this album... esp. flood. i fuckin love that song

DON IOTAE
07-19-2007, 05:19 PM
the vocals on undertow are my favorite of any album...who agrees? and if you don't, say which album you think has better vocals

no dispute there. they are, by far, the ball-iest vocals on any album.

You can hear he's pissed off.

TheDude420
01-21-2009, 09:07 PM
I have recently gotten into the Tool bootleg thang and i can say by far, as far as the live shows go, the undertow era has the best vocals to me. Hes hitting all the ranges with gusto and belting out shit thats just raw and theres something about hearing a good recording from a small club where they just play with reckless abandon i.e 7-5-94. Check that out if you can find it, i cant tell you where tho.

98 was a good year for live bootlegs as well.

theamazingtool
01-22-2009, 08:50 AM
there are some killer bootlegs on youtube from back in '92(no pun intended) at JC Dobbs in philly. jerk-off is unbelievable.

crincled
01-22-2009, 09:31 AM
*listening to it now*

ah yea

i dont think he fucking blinks

crincled
01-22-2009, 01:32 PM
that vid is fucking intense.

im starting to like MJK again

Inner_Eulogy
01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
check out daveh0ndoras at youtube he has the whole gig.

link that shit mofo

Inner_Eulogy
01-23-2009, 06:24 AM
I sent it to you in pm. I dont want to get banned for something...

Oohh, that's what that was...haha, I haven't checked it out yet

Omega
02-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Well, I can't really say which lyrics I like best, because all of the albums are different in some way, they have their own sound.

crincled
02-09-2009, 01:01 AM
I like to think for every Tool album, Maynard's vocals are representative of a drug, weed for Opiate, meth for Undertow, acid for Aenima, ecstasy for Lateralus and jenkem for 10,000 days.

lolwat

i wouldve guessed opium for opiate...

theamazingtool
02-10-2009, 06:48 AM
I like to think for every Tool album, Maynard's vocals are representative of a drug, weed for Opiate, meth for Undertow, acid for Aenima, ecstasy for Lateralus and jenkem for 10,000 days.

ya, id prob say some opiates for opiate. lol

some stronger psychedelic than ecstasy, for lateralus.

and what is jenkem?

BillyxRansom
02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
HAHAHA JENKEM FOR 10,000 DAYS IS ACTUALLY REALLY ACCURATE.

^ jenkem is basically shit. like feces

theamazingtool
02-10-2009, 11:28 AM
you use poop to get high?

theamazingtool
02-11-2009, 06:03 AM
What the heck do you use?

Life?

Get the fuck out.

naw, i see how many cigarettes i can smoke in the least amount of time. fucks you up.

with the occasional bottle or two of robotussin.

theamazingtool
02-11-2009, 08:28 AM
my avatar

for fuck's sake

indeed.

however, i must ask, why is he wearing a mask?

Inner_Eulogy
02-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I like to think for every Tool album, Maynard's vocals are representative of just how much the band hates their fans.

The high-water mark was The Pot.

What up Riv, long time no see

Inner_Eulogy
02-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Sup mang.

Chillin, enjoyin life.

Inner_Eulogy
02-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm not allowed to smoke cigarettes so I wouldn't know.

Robotussin? Huh? You get colds often?

LMAO, not allowed to smoke? So I take it you'll be done posting here once your grounding is over?

theamazingtool
02-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm not allowed to smoke cigarettes so I wouldn't know.

Robotussin? Huh? You get colds often?

you should be allowed to smoke cigarettes as long as you dont inhale.

do i get colds often? umm, no...u know what they say;
"a bottle of tussin a day keeps the doctor away"

Inner_Eulogy
02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
No, moron, thats apples, duh.

You really do have some sort of mental impairments don't you?

Master_Of_Nothing
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Some people don't want to get sarcasm.

Personally i could never smoke, it holds no attraction to me.
Drinking holds no attraction either, but i'll do it to be sociable.
I vaguely remember losing my shirt the last time i got drunk.
It was nippy lol

Inner_Eulogy
02-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Some people don't want to get sarcasm.

Personally i could never smoke, it holds no attraction to me.
Drinking holds no attraction either, but i'll do it to be sociable.
I vaguely remember losing my shirt the last time i got drunk.
It was nippy lol

To each their own. I don't care what people choose to do.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-12-2009, 01:46 PM
You look pretty sick on your avatar, or did you just suck someone off?

Master_Of_Nothing
02-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Don't diss Yobby/Doda.

At least he has a lightsaber.
With a face like yours, you don't need a weapon

Inner_Eulogy
02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Some wierd alien? You must be the only schmuck on the planet that doesn't know who Yoda is. Add that to the list of reasons nobody likes you and I think we can collectively agree that you should just die a horrid death from where you stand.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I hate seeing replies to messages that i can't see. That's pretty much the only reason you aren't on ignore.

And I think we can collectively agree that Limp Bizkit sucks ( based on their pathetic cover of Tool )

Master_Of_Nothing
02-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Actually, i kinda think the americans deserved Pearl harbour.

I have listened to Limp Bizkit. I almost enjoyed a couple of their songs.
I've seen the video for Behind blue eyes (which is a cover as well)
But By and large, they don't offer much musically.

Rolo
02-13-2009, 12:11 AM
This thread is getting better every the day, LOL

Rolo
02-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Am i your next victim?

Do us all a favour; STFU.

Inner_Eulogy
02-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Only schmuck on the planet? I think you forgot about the billions that live in abject poverty around the world who are lucky if they have enough rice to feed themselves tonight let alone the knowledge of inconsequential pop culture.

Dumbass, if you have internet, you're not the exception to the rule like them. I wasn't referring to some third world country child starving to death. But if you weren't such a fucking moron that would have been obvious.

Also that last part? 'Add that to the list of reasons nobody likes you and I think we can collectively agree that you should just die a horrid death from where you stand.' Hilarious, should I go eat some worms? Cry myself to sleep? Hate to tell you this kid but the day I use forums to boost my self esteem like you seem to do and start wishing a horrid death at random people I don't know, is the day I'll eat buckshot for breakfast. Also, die where I stand? Whose stands at a computer?

Go get some fresh air.

Failing miserably again. Only you would even think about boosting ego from a forum. Of course, on the internet is the only place you'll ever see a naked woman outside your immediate family.

Inner_Eulogy
02-13-2009, 11:25 AM
*sigh* I have better things to post while wasting time on my lunchbreak. Child Molester, say hello to Iggy.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-14-2009, 02:34 PM
So Maynard was pretty fucking good in Undertow. Singing was really catchy, more anger filled than depressed. If they had stayed like that they would have been more popular and accessible. Not that i'm complaining. In fact.....Has anyone noticed that with each cd, the vocals are getting slower?

Master_Of_Nothing
02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
So, truth or not?

Right in Two is the slowest Tool song i think, Intension, and wings are slow as well.

And lost keys sounds like its been dragged out lol

inSin
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
i dunno man he sings pretty fucking fast on Rosetta Stoned.

maynard couldn't keep up his undertow voice for very long anyways it was killing his vocal chords. but it still is the best time period for tool's live bootlegs atleast vocally.

theamazingtool
02-17-2009, 06:48 AM
after calming me down with orange slices and fetal spooning e.t. revealed to me his singluar purpose.

haha! best line from maynards mouth ever. maybe.

he really is a funny fuck. lost keys/rosetta stoned is almost puscifer-type-humor, imo. i wouldnt mind seeing some more of these humorish songs in the future.

Yast3r
02-17-2009, 07:00 AM
after calming me down with orange slices and fetal spooning e.t. revealed to me his singluar purpose.

haha! best line from maynards mouth ever. maybe.

he really is a funny fuck. lost keys/rosetta stoned is almost puscifer-type-humor, imo. i wouldnt mind seeing some more of these humorish songs in the future.

Shameless to say, that Puscifer concert looked like it rocked hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7D0Pl-OgGQ&feature=channel_page

Rolo
02-17-2009, 07:38 AM
stoned is almost puscifer-type-humor, imo. i wouldnt mind seeing some more of these humorish songs in the future.

Yeah, like "Gaping Lotus Experience".

Rolo
02-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Shameless to say, that Puscifer concert looked like it rocked hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7D0Pl-OgGQ&feature=channel_page

I found a review of someone who went there.

http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=2678662&postcount=22

theamazingtool
02-17-2009, 08:11 AM

i guess thats your theory.

Inner_Eulogy
02-17-2009, 10:29 AM

That video was shit

Inner_Eulogy
02-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Eh, matter of opinion. I like it and I give props to him for not caring what people think and doing his own little quirky thing and just trying out new avenues for the hell of it.

inSin
02-18-2009, 11:19 AM
yeah but a techno/industrial/comedy/what the fuck avenue?

Inner_Eulogy
02-18-2009, 01:46 PM
yeah but a techno/industrial/comedy/what the fuck avenue?

Who cares, it's still your own personal opinion. Some people are actually open to more than one genre of music ya' know

Inner_Eulogy
02-18-2009, 01:50 PM
I give him props for tricking a bunch of people into buying more shit that he came out with

c'mon seriously, puscifer is a joke project that he makes mass cash off of

also the music sucks

I agree in a sense that it's a joke, but realistically, he probably likes some rap, techno and other kinds of music and thought hey, lemme fuck around and try some of this or let me try to do this and just have fun with it, bring some other people in to throw in whatever spices they want to my already thrown together recipe and see what happens.

Apparently enough people like it for it to be profitable. I for one don't like it anywhere near as much as Tool or APC but I don't mind it....then again, I'm very open minded about music unlike some people that have one or two kinds of music that they stick with and think the rest is crap.

Yast3r
02-18-2009, 02:50 PM
I agree in a sense that it's a joke, but realistically, he probably likes some rap, techno and other kinds of music and thought hey, lemme fuck around and try some of this or let me try to do this and just have fun with it, bring some other people in to throw in whatever spices they want to my already thrown together recipe and see what happens.

Apparently enough people like it for it to be profitable. I for one don't like it anywhere near as much as Tool or APC but I don't mind it....then again, I'm very open minded about music unlike some people that have one or two kinds of music that they stick with and think the rest is crap.

I agree wholeheartedly.

theamazingtool
02-18-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't

Has nothing to do with my music tastes, which are far-reaching -- I just think that the music sucks and the crass commercialization doesn't help matters any

i cant remember one time when you gave any musician any credit.

theamazingtool
02-18-2009, 06:30 PM
I agree wholeheartedly.

i second that...for the most part.

Inner_Eulogy
02-19-2009, 10:41 AM
That's because I tend to voice my opinion on the negative more than the positive

MY glass is half full, but everyone else's is a different matter

Oh well

theamazingtool
02-19-2009, 11:05 AM
That's because I tend to voice my opinion on the negative more than the positive

MY glass is half full, but everyone else's is a different matter

well, thats certainly one way to look at it.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-19-2009, 01:45 PM
You know, i think Puscifer is shit. I can't think of even one song that stood out as being a good song.

Even Fall Out Boy had one song that we all like, regardless of our opinions on the band.
Fuck even, Britney Spears had her one song.

Master_Of_Nothing
02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Sugar we're going down.....
Admit it, you can actually recognise this song, AND let it play through.
I hate the band as much as everyone else, but i accept that that song was pretty alright.

If you're a bit more open minded, Grand theft Autumn is not tooooo bad either.
A matter of musical taste i guess, and i like to think i've always been diverse

Inner_Eulogy
02-19-2009, 01:59 PM
You know, i think Puscifer is shit. I can't think of even one song that stood out as being a good song.

Even Fall Out Boy had one song that we all like, regardless of our opinions on the band.
Fuck even, Britney Spears had her one song.

MON prefers the sound of his goats wallowing in the moonlite

Inner_Eulogy
02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
A matter of musical taste i guess, and i like to think i've always been diverse

LOL, isn't that hypocritical...yet you say how Puscifer is complete shit.....

you said it yourself, it's a matter of musical taste

Master_Of_Nothing
02-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I can agree with that.

Inner, what can i say? I'm only mortal. I can appreciate the time/effort and creativity of music, but whether i can stand more than one listen.. depends on how i feel about the music.

Inner_Eulogy
02-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I recognise the song. I just do not like it. Not. One. Bit.

If any of the following artists come on the radio or in someone's playlist I change it as soon as possible:
Fall Out Boy
Simple Plan
Panic at the Disco
James Blunt
Lil' Wayne

I never understood what everyone sees in Lil' Wayne either

Rolo
02-19-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't

Has nothing to do with my music tastes, which are far-reaching -- I just think that the music sucks and the crass commercialization doesn't help matters any

On Puscifer: When i first heard the REV 22:20 track & The Undertaker Renholder mix from the "Underworld" soundtracks, i had high expectations. Cunty boner ruined it for me. The "V is for...'s" only made it worse.

inSin
02-19-2009, 03:16 PM
On Puscifer: When i first heard the REV 22:20 track & The Undertaker Renholder mix from the "Underworld" soundtracks, i had high expectations. Cunty boner ruined it for me. The "V is for...'s" only made it worse.

yes i agree i heard that song while watching and instantly thought maynard and looked to see what he was up too.. reminded me of Nine inch nails music.. so i thought that holy shit Tapeworm actually did something? then it went all down hill after finding out what really was going down: maynard stealing shit that was supposed to be used in tapeworm and butchering it.

Rolo
02-19-2009, 03:31 PM
yes i agree i heard that song while watching and instantly thought maynard and looked to see what he was up too.. reminded me of Nine inch nails music.. so i thought that holy shit Tapeworm actually did something? then it went all down hill after finding out what really was going down: maynard stealing shit that was supposed to be used in tapeworm and butchering it.

He already did that when he used "Passive" with APC, because this was supposed to be a Tapeworm track, if i'm not mistaken.

Inner_Eulogy
02-20-2009, 10:19 AM
He already did that when he used "Passive" with APC, because this was supposed to be a Tapeworm track, if i'm not mistaken.

You are correct

inSin
02-20-2009, 11:59 AM
i did not know that.. thats probably why thats the only song i like off that album

Master_Of_Nothing
02-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Bit ironic, taking tracks of the 'Tapeworm
project. Kinda getting it's own back haha

Rolo
02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Sadly this was the only audiotrack that sprung out of the Tapeworm project. Not very productive, it took them nine years...

Damn shame if you look at who participated in this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapeworm_(band)#Contributors). They could have made some wonderful music, imo. But i've heard rumors that Trent is putting NIN on hiatus. Maybe he will be starting something different...

Inner_Eulogy
02-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Wha-WHAT?! It can't be! Why ruin such a good thing?

Inner_Eulogy
02-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Not that big a deal. He'll still be doing music, just non NIN. It'd be nice to hear something different for a bit.

I guess it just depends on what he does...

theamazingtool
02-24-2009, 08:33 AM

so even maynard, god himself, lies, cheats and steals?

Inner_Eulogy
02-24-2009, 10:35 AM
so even maynard, god himself, lies, cheats and steals?

To error is human

Master_Of_Nothing
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
To fuck up badly is stoopid

Inner_Eulogy
03-02-2009, 10:41 AM
To err fucktard.

But I forgive you.

Yeah, which is short for error, twat stain

crincled
03-02-2009, 11:11 AM
LOL

i thought I_E was being ironic in that same post... i cant believe he missed his own joke and actually meant "error" instead of "err"

LOL

Inner_Eulogy
03-02-2009, 11:20 AM
LOL

i thought I_E was being ironic in that same post... i cant believe he missed his own joke and actually meant "error" instead of "err"

LOL

Perhaps you should read up on it. Err is derived from errer which was later changed to error. It's all the same moron.

RachJacob
03-02-2009, 11:39 AM
The audacity of these moronic kids these days and their rediculous assumptions. Of course err was a derivative of errer which was then translated to error, any fucking pitiful excuse for a human being would know that!
If fact, know that I think about it maybe it's all morris code? Seriously think about it, why do words evolve? Is it to weed out the morons? Hmmm.... I'm on to something here.

Inner_Eulogy
03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
The audacity of these moronic kids these days and their rediculous assumptions. Of course err was a derivative of errer which was then translated to error, any fucking pitiful excuse for a human being would know that!
If fact, know that I think about it maybe it's all morris code? Seriously think about it, why do words evolve? Is it to weed out the morons? Hmmm.... I'm on to something here.

Exactly who are you bitching to here?

On another note: A) It's spelled deriative. B) In fact, now that I think...and C) it's morse code

**Perhaps you should think twice before bitching out the so-called "morons"

crincled
03-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Perhaps you should read up on it. Err is derived from errer which was later changed to error. It's all the same moron.

since it seems i have to make this clear, i will. to your detriment.

the use of "err" as a verb is more common than "error".

that is all.

move along. nothing to see here - just I_E getting tfo.

Master_Of_Nothing
03-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Inner, You do realise its spelt deriVative don't you?

Lester, you need to get back to school or something

"Too many cooks spoil the broth"

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the BUSH"

And btw....

Fuck You too.

gonzo
03-02-2009, 03:29 PM
lol

crincled
03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
the morris code bit was priceless, i must say

gonzo
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Seriously.

It's like watching someone running for a world record only to trip over their own feet and break their face on the track.

Or when the big weight lifter drops the bars on himself and starts crying like a school girl.

gonzo
03-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Isn't Morris Code a programmer for MicroSoft? He lives on slice cheese and never leaves the compound.

Inner_Eulogy
03-03-2009, 10:48 AM
This entire rant is made both null and hilarious by one snippet:

lol

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL

Thanks Riv but, I already covered this

Inner_Eulogy
03-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Its still not how the saying goes, regardless you fucking hick.

'To many cooks spoil the soup"

"One bird in the hand is worth two in the hedgerow"

Fuck off cunt.

I'll say it however I want. And I live in Chicago, far from being a hick ya' dipshit gorrilla fucker

Inner_Eulogy
03-03-2009, 10:50 AM
since it seems i have to make this clear, i will. to your detriment.

the use of "err" as a verb is more common than "error".

that is all.

move along. nothing to see here - just I_E getting tfo.

Whatever dude. I just felt like saying it differently. Kiss both of my ass cheeks.

Inner_Eulogy
03-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Inner, You do realise its spelt deriVative don't you?

Lester, you need to get back to school or something

"Too many cooks spoil the broth"

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the BUSH"

And btw....

Fuck You too.

Oh shit...I didn't even catch that typo. *shrug* Oh well...yes I do know that.

crincled
03-03-2009, 10:51 AM
you still here?

Inner_Eulogy
03-03-2009, 10:52 AM
you still here?

I never die. I stay healthy by beating hippos to death with my bare hands

theamazingtool
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM

clearly.

gonzo
03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah, fuck Taming the Shrew. Who calls women shrews anymore?

Coming summer 2010... TAMIN DA BITCH starring Marlon Wayans and Tyler Perry.

LOL

Err, I really want to see Damon in a cameo as da bitch.

gonzo
03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Uhm, NIN & Jane's Addiction this summer.

Inner_Eulogy
03-03-2009, 02:23 PM
You misspelled derivative and thus your whole argument was nullified.

Besides, I said it funnier.

Yeah but my misspelling was just an oversight on a typo.

RachJacob
03-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Exactly who are you bitching to here?

On another note: A) It's spelled deriative. B) In fact, now that I think...and C) it's morse code

**Perhaps you should think twice before bitching out the so-called "morons"

Humbly corrected, but it doesn't change the fact that I am on to something....

In fact, maybe just maybe the morons are the ones who correct everyone’s blogging rants to assume the position of "top dog" within the world of bullshit babble, the elite group of literate assholes who can't see past the tips of their nose. It must be a gift to be able to get stuck on words, the tactic of looking for ammo, talent.

RachJacob
03-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Seriously.

It's like watching someone running for a world record only to trip over their own feet and break their face on the track.

In slow motion!

Honestly it was a bit painful to read, I shouldn't come on these things when I am doped up on cold medicine. So I became the beating post, it happens only to the best and I deserved it.

I will redeem myself!

Inner_Eulogy
03-04-2009, 10:16 AM

In fact, maybe just maybe the morons are the ones who correct everyone’s blogging rants to assume the position of "top dog" within the world of bullshit babble, the elite group of literate assholes who can't see past the tips of their nose. It must be a gift to be able to get stuck on words, the tactic of looking for ammo, talent.

Or perhaps I don't give a flying fuck what people think of me nor do I give a fuck about any "top dog position" as you put it. Some people, like myself, simply have a pet peeve against fucking idiots like yourself.

gonzo
03-04-2009, 02:10 PM

Taking criticism is how to get stronger and strengthen a point of view. It is good to get flogged every so often. Get knocked off the highhorse. Shit. This is what makes art; good editing.

Same as it ever was, so no you're not really on to anything new or profound here.

Welcome to the jungle.

RachJacob
03-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Or perhaps I don't give a flying fuck what people think of me nor do I give a fuck about any "top dog position" as you put it. Some people, like myself, simply have a pet peeve against fucking idiots like yourself.

Your right, you don't care.

RachJacob
03-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Taking criticism is how to get stronger and strengthen a point of view. It is good to get flogged every so often. Get knocked off the highhorse. Shit. This is what makes art; good editing.

Same as it ever was, so no you're not really on to anything new or profound here.

Welcome to the jungle.

I totally agree with you, seriously, criticism is a great way to get to know how you are conditioned to take in information. However the reason criticism has a bad reputation with most, is the fact that people use it to assert their position as the higher intellect, you can always tell the type, never letting you forget your mistakes. It's sad really, could imagine always trying to look smarter? Crazy

RachJacob
03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't see people dredging up stupid shit you've posted months ago, but if you'd like me to retroactively make this post true, I could start

I'm flattered that you remember me, sigh.

Oh silly, I wasn't just talking about me, I was talking about everyone.

RachJacob
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I am not quite sure where this went wrong, Riverkk (is that your name), I am sorry if I offended you personally, perhaps you fit into the category of the type that like to make people feel smaller then yourself, it's not your fault blame your parents.
Let me make this very clear for you, I wasn't referring to the people who respond to my comments, I am speaking for everyone in the world, this is a common trait for a lower level of communication, just ask Jung.
There now do we feel better?

Inner_Eulogy
03-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Your right, you don't care.

No, can't say that I do.

Inner_Eulogy
03-05-2009, 06:19 AM
I totally agree with you, seriously, criticism is a great way to get to know how you are conditioned to take in information. However the reason criticism has a bad reputation with most, is the fact that people use it to assert their position as the higher intellect, you can always tell the type, never letting you forget your mistakes. It's sad really, could imagine always trying to look smarter? Crazy

A great argument for the intellectually impaired.

Inner_Eulogy
03-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Watch it bring you to your shun n,n,n,n,,n,n,,n,n,n,,n,n,,n knees, knees

Did you actually count the N's? lol

I didn't either but it looks good to me

RachJacob
03-05-2009, 07:56 AM
A great argument for the intellectually impaired.

No no Inner great reply for the....

RachJacob
03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
"Jungian philosophy is like dick and fart jokes: entertaining at first but abandoned at the onset of maturity and actually substantial discussion."

I am trying to wrap my head around this one, please indulge me?

Jungian philosophy or psychology????? I am at a loss for words, you stumpt me with this one, congratulations!

Inner_Eulogy
03-05-2009, 11:03 AM
No no Inner great reply for the....

Failed miserably.

RachJacob
03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
The philosophy surrounding the science, and thus the science itself.

Jesus, you're dumb.

Also, it's spelled "stumped".

Your lack of creativity is getting boring. Quit using Eulogy's tactics and think up one of your own, maybe?

The next time I need an editor for my internet writing I will be sure to contact you, thanks for the tips!

Oh and also, "the philosophy surrounding the science, and thus the science itself" tells me nothing about your knowledge of Jung, in fact your hallmark responses are becoming very clear that you really don't have a clue. YO

Inner_Eulogy
03-06-2009, 10:21 AM
The philosophy surrounding the science, and thus the science itself.

Jesus, you're dumb.

Also, it's spelled "stumped".

Heh heh, I know..right

RachJacob
03-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Jung wars! Seriously though talking about psychology and philosophy is my bread and butter, and I would enjoy nothing more then to have a conversation on such topics. In fact I don't wish you "enlighten" you on any such topics, as much as I would enjoy knowing your perspective on Jung and his theories. Have you heard of Ken Wilber? William James? Love em all!

So in an attempt to give my own perspective of Jung's theories I will start with a quote from a summary of the book “Modern Man in Search of a Soul” page 202 (while giving a detailed description to the meaning of the Modern Man he proclaims); “As soon as he has outgrown whatever local form of religion he was born to-as soon as this religion can no longer embrace his life in all its fullness-then the psyche becomes something in its own right which cannot be dealt with by the measure of the Church alone. It is for this reason that we of today have a psychology founded on experience, and not upon article of faith or the postulates of any philosophical system.”

Jung is the forefather to the discovery of the inner experience in Western society, giving credit to the construct of perspectives formed and inherited, beyond it being just a byproduct of adolescent sexually driven misinterpretations, the popular Freudian theory at the time. Jung’s belief in the Collective Unconscious has been the main topic at which he is discredited by scientific society, being called metaphysical, which held many consequences for men of his time. The construct of a theory that couldn’t be reduced and repeated for the purpose of science cut his theories in half. Experience can’t be proved by science and how one interprets that experience comes from their ability to be conscious in their decisions. Jung coins consciousness as the ability to be present “the man of the immediate present,” the Modern Man is the antithesis of Jung’s theories paving a world of malleable reality, beyond all expectations life with certainty “Indeed, he is completely modern only when he has come to the very edge of the world, leaving behind him all that has been discarded and outgrown, and acknowledging that he stands before a void of which all things may grow.”

My swiss cheese definition, I could go into great detail about how his main theory, the Collective Unconscious, was the half that went under the title of metaphysical and why. Experience is what keeps Jung's theories alive even to this day, people who have experienced what Jung calls the Collective Unconscious know its validity, there's no dispute for those who have been down the rabbit hole.

RachJacob
03-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Okay?

Master_Of_Nothing
03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Ouch, someone just layed down the law haha.

RachJacob
03-08-2009, 02:55 PM
The collective unconscious was nothing but a series of archetypes that are built into our perceptions by instinct you twat. Anyone who suggests it's something metaphysical either doesn't know what they're talking about or read a bastardized transliteration of Jung's theories.

So you wish to deny that the collective unconscious was considered metaphysical during its earliest conception? I could quote Jung himself who admits the relativities of his theories to those of a metaphysical nature.
It would seem your incessant desire to prove me wrong is starting to discredit your criticism.
So you gave me the definition of the collective unconscious, but that still doesn't tell me what you know about Jung?

theamazingtool
03-09-2009, 04:12 AM
ya. you twat.

RachJacob
03-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Earliest conception does not equal final thesis, moron.

Right, and I agree with your opinion on the topic, but you can't ignore the fact that by being titled metaphysical from its conception didn't have an adverse affect. Unfortunately to this day the association of any sort of existential nature is still very prevalent.
My in-law's life manual is the Christian bible, and any mention of Jung stirs up chaos, or the silent treatment. The very real fact is that Jung in the eyes of many people still has an unknown "sin" association to his theories. How do you relate Jung to someone like that? With your opinions... doesn't work!

RachJacob
03-09-2009, 08:26 AM
A hardcore christian like that has the same reaction to anything that isn't the bible or a well-known christian evangelist. I had a friend who's mom thought video games were sinful. Does that mean my Xbox is a metaphysical entity capable of helping me change myself into into my ideal self? No, it does not. Your entire argument is a sharpshooter fallacy and thus bunk. Nothing you have to say is of any value.

Of no value enough to get you to continue to respond?

Your example has no association to this discussion, do your homework, what made your friend’s mom think video games were sinful? Perhaps the violence associated to most video games? Or, the obvious waste of time?

Like I said, I agree with you, coming from one person to another who has obviously had experiences with Jung's theories. Which is exactly my point his theories have to be experienced, so the challenge becomes how do you explain his theories to people who stigmatize the theory before the experience? As I agree, again, that most "hardcore Christians" have a clear filter in which they take in information, but again so does everyone, so to negate something that seems very real to them only gives them more reason to believe in their stereo type.

Listen, a discussion will always go in circles as long as each member is arguing two different facts, and for someone who calls psychology a science you are very abstract in this discussion, arguing opinions over facts will always be a losing battle. When you are only willing to see your side of the spectrum only makes you the ignorant one.

RachJacob
03-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Having to create your own case is a clear act of losing control, sad.

Master_Of_Nothing
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey Rivek you got a suicide TOOTH id
Marked for assassination imo

useatool
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
i thought the vocals on undertow were amazing but if i had to pick a favorite it would have to be aenima

04-24-2011, 12:38 AM
The vocals off Undertow are definitely the most naked and daring I've heard off a Tool album. Maynard really wasn't holding back what was on his mind and thats why this Tool album holds a torch none of the others can claim. Take the song 4 degrees for example, do you know any other band who can make a song about anal sex be so honest and twisted and anything but comical? I think this album has some of the best lyrics just because Maynard didn't give a shit and he wasn't the big deal he was when he was writing songs for their later albums, so I'm sure that had something to do with the honesty and frustrations found in Opiate and Undertow.