PDA

View Full Version : so...

raiSINgirl420
02-02-2003, 08:06 AM
who are some of your fav authors, poets?

i have a borderline obsession fascination with the beat generation, Kerouac, Ginsberg, Cassady, Burroughs. books and poetry.

then there Kesey, if you have seen the movie, "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" and liked it....read the book, it is ten million times better. and electric kool-aid acid test is great too, they even visit leary's house for a short time in the book.

pirsig and orwell too...great stuff.

Bukowski has to be my fav poet. along with Dorthy Parker, Dickinson, and a quite a few people that i know from a poetry board that i post on, on the net. anyways. yeah.

Rice
02-02-2003, 12:19 PM
hmm...im really into Shakespeare, Dickinson, and Plath. Poe is wonderful as well. But Im more fond of the other three. I'll check some of your authors/poets out when I go to the Library :)

aeternus0
02-03-2003, 07:52 PM
I'd say my favourite poet right now is William Blake. Dickinson is also good - a little depressing, but just what I need sometimes. If you really want depressing then look up anything by T.S. Eliot, and have 'fun'. :)

I've read a whole bunch of books recently ... the good ones, or at least the ones that stand out, were:

White Fang by Jack London
Siddartha by Hermann Hesse
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Fifth Business by Robertson Davies
The House of the Spirits by Isabele Allende

That's all I can remember for now ... but I found those to be incredible reads.

Cronos
02-03-2003, 08:06 PM
My favorite poet is Tupac. "I see no changes, all I see is racist faces..."

aeternus0
02-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Oh, I'm an idiot.

I forgot A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. Awesome read ;)

Thrakandor
02-05-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by aeternus0
I'd say my favourite poet right now is William Blake. Dickinson is also good - a little depressing, but just what I need sometimes. If you really want depressing then look up anything by T.S. Eliot, and have 'fun'. :)

The Eliot that I've read in depth is beautiful.

The Hollow Men
Ash Wednesday

*wipes tear from eye*