PDA

View Full Version : Scold me as much as you want for this....

Æon
02-02-2003, 04:28 AM
This is probably totally wrong but, i'd just thought i'd contribute. It seems like this song might be describing the actions and sayings between 2 lovers (One might be MJK) as they're having sex, basically MJK doesnt want to have sex incase a child is born from it...although to me it alternates between having sex and the actual child being there

I will choke until I swallow... <Maybe something to do with oral sex (probably a load of shit), maybe even MJK refusing the accept that the child has been born, swallowing being the realisation.
Choke this infant here before me.<-One of the references to an actual child being there, this might be his dick though *cough* "choke the chicken" *cough*
What is this but my reflection?<-Another reference to the child being there
Who am I to judge and strike you down?<- Very basic, MJK having no reason to shun this child, even though he is, realising his responsibility.
(This verse may have been written from the perspective of a woman)

But you're
Pushing and shoving me.<- Blah blah blah, reference to movements during sex.
You still love me and you pushit on me.<- The woman still loves MJK, probably a more appropriate word would be "but" instead of "and" (That is only if this interpretation is correct), but she is still pushing this responsibility onto him, one which he doesnt desire.

Rest your trigger on my finger,<-the awkward use of possesion might mean that MJK is relieving the woman with his finger, it might also mean "if you let me fuck you, and we have a kid, it will be the end of you"
bang my head upon the fault line.<-Possibly another reference to oral sex, the with "faultline" being the womans crevase)
Take care not to make me enter.<-Entering the crevase with his "member"
'cause if I do we both may disappear.<-The resulatnt child ruining both of their lives, or MJKs life being ruined by staying with this woman, and the womans life being ruined by MJKs actions afterwards.

But you're pushing me,
Shoving me. Pushit on me.<- Movements again

Slipping back into the gap again.<-The gap being the cravase
I'm alive when you're touching me,
Alive when you're shoving me down.<-Easily connected with sex.

But i'd trade it all
For just a little bit of
Piece of mind.<-He'd trade all the sex just to know the woman wasnt pregnant? I have no idea.

Put me somewhere I don't wanna be.<-The woman is forcing MJK to have sex
Seeing someplace I don't wanna see.<-Forcing MJK to have oral sex? Oral derived from "see", funtion associated with the face, blah blah.
Never wanna see that place again.<-Obvious

Saw that gap again today<-Also obvious.
As you were begging me to stay.<-The woman was using this "gap" as a way to keep MJK, possibly the woman using the threat of a child to keep MJK.
Managed to push myself away,<-Good on ya MJK! =D
And you, as well.

If, when I say I may fade like a sigh if I stay<-MJK being ruined by either the child or the woman
You minimize my movement anyway,<-The woman have some effect on MJK and convincing him to stay.
I must persuade you another way.<- God knows?!

There's no love in fear.<-Nothing to do with anything really, just a statement, the woman might be living in fear of MJK, or what MJK might do, therefore she doesnt love him? Or vice versa?
(Might also be written from the view point of a woman)

Staring down the hole again.<-Looking down the womans cravase AGAIN, even though he had no desire to.
Hands upon my back again.<-The womans hands are on his back, typical with sex i suppose.
Survival is my only friend.<-The woman isnt even his freind anymore, and he only wants to survive another sex session without the woman become preggers.
Terrified of what may come.<-Terrified of the child that may be born.

Just remember I will always love you,<-Obvious
Even as I tear your fucking throat away.<-Maybe MJK verbally assaulted the woman, so this is in the metaphorical sense. Throat being the tool for speech, and he beat down every word she said? Or possibly MJK did just give the woman a beating as if he was saying (Putting it a bit crudely) "Thats enough of your shit bitch! *punch*"
But it will end no other way.<-There was no other way for this torture to end...

I in no way expect anyone to think this, it is just some random interpretation, i dont claim it to be correct, and i really dont think it is, there are too many basic flaws, with different roles being played, a jump in time, or maybe the first stanza is present time and the following ones are reflecting? Dont believe the hoax of shit, and if you bothered reading this, thank you. (Theres probably a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes on my half, i never really checked it over)

Convoy_X
02-02-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Æon
This is probably totally wrong but, i'd just thought i'd contribute. It seems like this song might be describing the actions and sayings between 2 lovers (One might be MJK) as they're having sex, basically MJK doesnt want to have sex incase a child is born from it...although to me it alternates between having sex and the actual child being there

I must persuade you another way.<- God knows?!

Maybee he is trying to find something that they can do other than sex. i thni this is a good interpitation of the song but i alway think its most imporant to know what a song or any pace of art means to you not the artest. to me Tool song always seem to be more about an emotion and less about a spucifik event.

Sora
02-09-2003, 07:27 PM
I definitely agree that there are two points of view on this song. As far as the context goes I'm clueless. I have have always thought of it as a song about a relationship. Not specifically sex, but just the relationship as a whole. Maybe some probems in the relationship "I saw the gap again today. While you were begging me to stay." The gap being an opening to leave the relationship while the other doesn't want to end it? Just throing out ideas.

holy reality
02-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Interesting... upon reading the lryics the other day it dawned on me that at least one part could easily be about sex, and not what I thought it was about before.

Staring down the hole again.
Hands around my back again.

I always thought he was saying hall.... and referring to his hands being bound, as if he were helpless, but upon reading those two lines it somehow popped into my head that maybe he was talking about sex.

Jack Handy
02-10-2003, 06:29 PM
One way i view this song is about two people that are/were very much in love, but are no longer together. When they were a couple they consumed each other. They seperate in order to save themselves. one loves the other completely and wants to get back together while the other(still in love) realizes that (s)he has to "push" away from the other in order to save them both.

TailOfDogma
02-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Æon, i would just like to thank you. You have given me a completely different outlook on this song, and it totally makes sense. Before reading this, i DID think it was about a relationship of some type, people struggling to piece back together a relationship that has fallen apart (strikingly similiar to schism, just an observation). but i dont think i will ever look at it like that again. and, when my friends and i listen to this the next time, i will probably make them listen to this with sex in mind. i'm baffled. i have a whole new vision of this song.

thank you, and anyone who scolds you should be shot

ignore-reality
02-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TailOfDogma
thank you, and anyone who scolds you should be shot

Maynard would want you to say "you should be fucked" or "have a foot shoved in your fuckin ass" instead of "you should be shot." (FAQ question E12) ...........just kidding

TailOfDogma
02-11-2003, 07:24 PM
hahaha. i humbly apologize. i didnt want to come off too harsh, especially because i'm relatively new to this forum. once i've voiced my opinion a little more, i will have no problem saying something like: anyone who scolds you should have their nuts torn off and shoved violently up their rectum, which happens to be 4 degrees warmer than a vagina ;-)

does that meet more approval?

ignore-reality
02-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by TailOfDogma
anyone who scolds you should have their nuts torn off and shoved violently up their rectum, which happens to be 4 degrees warmer than a vagina ;-)

does that meet more approval?

lol.....yeah, definitely