PDA

View Full Version : parallel's to other songs

lysegicevolution
02-03-2005, 12:03 PM
i always kinda viewed ticks and leeches as being related to swamp song and the wretched by nin in meaning........though i could be wrong............it could just be a rant against the record company

lysegicevolution
02-03-2005, 12:06 PM
i always kinda viewed ticks and leeches as being related to swamp song and the wretched by nin in meaning........though i could be wrong............it could just be a rant against the record company

i don't know if i spelled parallel correctly......................
god why can't i spell?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

lysegicevolution
02-04-2005, 02:39 PM

thoughts................anyone?

ARMZ
02-04-2005, 03:05 PM
I think it's a rant against the record company and not about the fans, they already did hooker with a penis so why go over old ground.

lysegicevolution
02-04-2005, 03:20 PM
I think it's a rant against the record company and not about the fans, they already did hooker with a penis so why go over old ground.

i don't think that they are going over old ground though.........and while yes.....it does have something to do with the fans................i didn't mean it as a comment on the idea of "selling out" like hooker was.

ARMZ
02-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Ok so what does "wretched by nin in meaning" mean? is that a puzzle?

lysegicevolution
02-04-2005, 03:31 PM

no need to get aggresive there............

ARMZ
02-04-2005, 03:34 PM
umm I wasn't being aggressive, maybe submissive, but not aggressive. A simple question deserves a simple answer.

lysegicevolution
02-04-2005, 03:41 PM

well obviously i can't give you the meaning of the song..............all i can give is my own interpretation..............

i always saw it as a song to whoever out there who has been so caught up in the idea or even the image of being a visionary(or maybe "artist"), that they destroyed themself in order to attain this visionary state......

.................it didn't turn out the way you wanted it did it?

.................now you know, this is what it feels like.

.................and know your one of us: the wretched

but again...........i'm not trying to say that this is what its about............it's just an idea

lysegicevolution
02-04-2005, 03:46 PM
no........there is no puzzle in my words...........no hidden meaning..............no code......
no riddles..........

ARMZ
02-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Yea I can understand that it's your idea I just didn't understand what you meant by "wretched by nin in meaning", for example, does nin refer to nine inch nails? or something else.....I'm just trying to see what you meant by that sentence.

As many people have stated before you can pretty much take a song from Tool and refer it to life's many problems, Ticks and Leeches will mean something to the band and it will mean something else to the fans, it can be entirely different. There's no harm in interpreting it to match something in your life.

lysegicevolution
02-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Yea I can understand that it's your idea I just didn't understand what you meant by "wretched by nin in meaning", for example, does nin refer to nine inch nails? or something else.....I'm just trying to see what you meant by that sentence.

As many people have stated before you can pretty much take a song from Tool and refer it to life's many problems, Ticks and Leeches will mean something to the band and it will mean something else to the fans, it can be entirely different. There's no harm in interpreting it to match something in your life.

yes..........i understand that...........and i know that the song is probably about(that is, it was actually written about) the record company, i was just trying to put another idea out there, to give people something to think about...............i just always associate the line 'i hope you choke on it' with 'i hope it sucks you down', and 'it didn't turn out the way you wanted it did it?'.........................and yes i was refering to the wretched by nine inch nails

ARMZ
02-04-2005, 04:11 PM
yup gotcha I'm on the same wave length now.

I'm not so sure about the parallel aspect of it, maybe because I just don't know, I just take each song as it comes, I've never really thought of it that way. If it fits into what you are thinking of then that's good. I'd rather listen to Ticks and leeches though but I can see your point. Don't get me wrong, if there are infinite paralles throughout the universe then I'm sure there are plenty with Tool's music.

lysegicevolution
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
yup gotcha I'm on the same wave length now.

I'm not so sure about the parallel aspect of it, maybe because I just don't know, I just take each song as it comes, I've never really thought of it that way. If it fits into what you are thinking of then that's good. I'd rather listen to Ticks and leeches though but I can see your point. Don't get me wrong, if there are infinite paralles throughout the universe then I'm sure there are plenty with Tool's music.

here here good fellow

Cyanide ChrYst
02-04-2005, 11:09 PM
He means NIN (nine inch nails) by nin.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-12-2005, 01:41 AM
I've never seen a devil having sex with a peng- OH SHIT!!

exojjl
02-13-2005, 02:18 AM
When you guys come to thinking about this song, you are stuck in thoughts of subjects they would have written during Aenima or before. Think differently. If it is about any of this shit you have said in this thread, Then you have totally contradicted the whole fact that you and I listen to this record as a whole on the same subject matter and the events that proboly happened in the certain period of time to lead up to writing the lyrics for Lateralus. In other words, although the lyrics to this song sound like its talking about dumbass tool fans, its actually isnt, because dumbass fans existed pre aenima, and coexist with the era of Lateralus.
Think again smartstuff (exagerate).

exojjl
02-13-2005, 02:34 AM
P.S.
HAEHAEHEAHAHAHAEHAEHAEHeaHaehaehaehaeHAEhaeHaehAEh AEhaeHAEHEAhA

Sincerly,
Although I am sorry for making you guys mad for pointing out the odvious you could not find, I am still enlargeing my ego and loathing in my superior ways of thinking (Just like in most of my other posts) but I am gaining the will to try and not bash people so harshly for being stupid (I simply dont want to be like everyone else here, it does not satisfy me enough to feed off others energies in a non constructive state of manner and i can get energy by helping people in a contructive manner so ultimately on both sides there should be a equal amount of peace and energie swap of a apropiate manner).
thank you, my self reflection and recognization of my inner desires to change and to grow beyond the age of 3 (unline most of you) will pay off in such a way in the end that I will achieve a higher consciousness and understanding and the use and operations of my brain waves and synchronization of my want over the vision to control every single aspect of my brain on command of visual aspects sought out by achievements induced by substances and yet more desires. Ultimately, I am getting more energie from all of you than one of you bashing one person. The ability to channel this energie into banks of my brain and to recall past experiences to realize everything that I am doing and every thing I have become, and to be able to on command of my brain, see my self in the third person to analyze everything that is wrong with me, or what I need to change.
Because of this, I can transfer in workings of my brain onto anything i see. A visionary and artist to an extreme level of higher consciousness. I believe as i get older, my brain mass will not shrink, but rather, enlarge, therefore making me the person at whatever age i will be at any given time, the person with the highest brain functionability and control over anything and everything that will come through condensed points of my field of visionary intake. To achieve this, one must not be connected to the world normal people are (but it is okay, because it works out just fine).
So next time any one of you mother fuckers want to fuck with me, or question me, just remember, it wont be worth your god damn mother fucking no good time, so just fuck the fuck offf.

ARMZ
02-13-2005, 04:53 AM
Stay off the catnip brotha.

Cyanide ChrYst
02-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Seriously, this kid is fucking balls deep.

exojjl
02-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Seriously, this kid is fucking balls deep.

how do you mean?

exojjl
02-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Stay off the catnip brotha.
never had it. is it good?

exojjl
02-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Im only a kid by heart. Age wise is totally irrelevent.

thelambslain
02-14-2005, 09:07 AM
i don't know if i spelled parallel correctly......................
god why can't i spell?!

Dictionary.com is always useful there bud.

lysegicevolution
02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
When you guys come to thinking about this song, you are stuck in thoughts of subjects they would have written during Aenima or before. Think differently. If it is about any of this shit you have said in this thread, Then you have totally contradicted the whole fact that you and I listen to this record as a whole on the same subject matter and the events that proboly happened in the certain period of time to lead up to writing the lyrics for Lateralus. In other words, although the lyrics to this song sound like its talking about dumbass tool fans, its actually isnt, because dumbass fans existed pre aenima, and coexist with the era of Lateralus.
Think again smartstuff (exagerate).

what the fuck are you babbeling about?

Cyanide ChrYst
02-17-2005, 03:09 PM
It's babbling, and it's Lysergic*. Morons should not knock on morons.