PDA

View Full Version : Probability, maybe?

mike tyson
11-20-2002, 01:06 PM
As it seems this song is very subjective, and it seems there are many theories to who/what this song is referring to. Many explinations seem like they fit into the lyrics of the song, but still it is unknown who/what this song is about. As I listened to this particular song I did the much encouraged activity of thinking, and I thought about the meaning of this track. Perhaps it pertains to a religious experience, or religion as a whole? Could these ' blood-sucking parasitic little ticks ' be religious preists/preachers? Sucking up childrens' blood and contaminating it with this parisitc venom of religion? The lyrics to this track can be put to something dealing with religion I feel. ( Although many things can be related to these lyrics, as proven by other fans with their insight. ) I might be wrong, and so be it if I am, but it's just a thought I had.

You may proceed.

rickiep00h
11-21-2002, 02:16 AM
Indeed, that was the point I was trying to make, as well... organized religion as a whole destroys lives and hinders free will.

The Church (be it catholic, lutheran, or any christian denomination, or judaism, or islam) dominates its members, sucks their money and their lives into the propigation of itself.

Just like a tick sucks blood to survive.

Deer ticks can kill you with lyme disease by biting you. Think about it.

shade13
11-21-2002, 06:50 PM
I still feel that T&L is more encompassing than that. Yes, it can be related to Church and State. But it can also be applied to virtually any situation in which one person may be feeding off of another.

It could be as simple as possessive parents holding their child too tightly to them and not allowing this child's mind to be free.