PDA

View Full Version : Why the freaking DVD hasnt come out...

IC
01-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Why? because the dvd will be with the new album. How do I know? Cause Tool is bitches like that. They're gonna toy with us all the way to 2006, if this is released by then.

Andy DV
01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
the dvd hasn't come out because you touch yourself at night. and in mid-morning.

and after meals.

Zhelives
01-10-2005, 08:35 PM
New Tool Album:

-2 CDs with 12 tracks, 8 songs between 10-20 minutes
-DVD with concert footage from Lateralus + 2 Lateralus videoes + 1 New Album video
-A hit of acid (real this time)

symbiosis
01-10-2005, 11:14 PM
The DVD will come

but am sorry to say... with no new album shit...

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
01-11-2005, 05:43 AM
-A hit of acid (real this time)
more like baking soda

IC
01-11-2005, 06:18 AM
or paint

vatas
01-11-2005, 06:25 AM
The DVD was a big joke.

Tool is just a lazy fuck.

IC
01-11-2005, 01:48 PM
that too

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
01-11-2005, 02:57 PM
can't disagree with you there

TheInsideSource
01-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Salival was released in the year before Lateralus... Now if the forthcoming album from Tool is released this year, that doesn't leave much time for Tool to bring out this live DVD (assuming the guys want to release the DVD before the album)...

Therefore I predict that the DVD will be released with the CD, in some sort of special package...

God, I want this DVD and a double LP from Tool so bad...

IC
01-12-2005, 02:42 PM
no doubt. i always get blown away beyond what I ever thought each time I hear a new Tool or APC cd

Isac Khrondor
01-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Maybe 2007 has some numerical value, because of the 7 on the end... !!!1111

Tyson
01-13-2005, 06:49 PM
If I can paraphrase Adam here I believe he once stated “You have to leave your fans wanting more, kind of like a heroin junkie, just make them wait and wait to get that hit and once they do, it will be like the best hit they have ever received” That quote is way off but the meaning is the same.

Basically Adam and the rest of Tool are arseholes.

But talented arseholes.

ARMZ
01-19-2005, 05:58 AM
I think your spot on Inner, 2006 is highly likely, if! they decide to do a DVD as well which I hope they do, but then again it might just take them that long to create the album.

"Who knows, maybe the next Tool record will be a cool DVD with a whole film and soundtrack involved in it," vocalist Maynard James Keenan said. "That's a possibility. This whole [Tool] project has been about not limiting ourselves."

TheHolyGift
01-19-2005, 09:17 AM
The heroin addict thing sure is working...

The DVD needs to come out now. People were fucking creaming their pants at the 1:00 rehearsal footage from a few days ago.

IC
01-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Maybe 2007 has some numerical value, because of the 7 on the end... !!!1111
HAhahaha

IC
01-19-2005, 01:49 PM
If I can paraphrase Adam here I believe he once stated “You have to leave your fans wanting more, kind of like a heroin junkie, just make them wait and wait to get that hit and once they do, it will be like the best hit they have ever received” That quote is way off but the meaning is the same.

Basically Adam and the rest of Tool are arseholes.

But talented arseholes.
heroin junkie..assholes

IC
01-19-2005, 01:49 PM
The heroin addict thing sure is working...

The DVD needs to come out now. People were fucking creaming their pants at the 1:00 rehearsal footage from a few days ago.
and that wasnt even new material

Tyson
01-20-2005, 08:08 PM
I didn't cream my pants.

Where was Maynard?

ARMZ
01-21-2005, 05:42 AM
If you think Tool's new epic, evocative Lateralus sounds like the futuristic soundtrack to a mind-blowing film, you're not alone. The bandmembers are as interested in presenting their art visually as musically, and they're thinking about creating a full-length Tool movie in the vein of Pink Floyd's "The Wall." "Pink Floyd are our heroes, and we'd totally love to do something on that level, but in our own way," guitarist Adam Jones said. "We've been talking about that, and the people we've met with have the kind of pull to get it done."

The biggest obstacle, of course, is money. "It's so hard to find someone who's willing to invest in a project like this," he explained. "So much of what we do is based on experimentation, and if you're trying to get money from people to make a film, they want to know exactly what it's going to look like, how many frames you're going to shoot, how many people you're going to work with and what the budget is going to be. And to me, it's not that concrete. [Making a film should be] more like jamming and writing music." Jones speaks from experience.

Before he was in Tool, he worked as a Hollywood special effects designer on movies including "Jurassic Park," "Edward Scissorhands" and "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," and he has shot and overseen the production of all the band's videos to date, including "Prison Sex," "Sober" and "Stinkfist." Even if the band can't get a movie studio to fork over the cash, Tool might create something itself and release it on a smaller scale. "Who knows, maybe the next Tool record will be a cool DVD with a whole film and soundtrack involved in it," vocalist Maynard James Keenan said. "That's a possibility. This whole [Tool] project has been about not limiting ourselves."

I so want this to happen I don't give a fuck if it takes them another 2 years!

IC
01-21-2005, 10:34 AM
hell yes god that would be sick

Elgyn
01-22-2005, 12:21 AM
That would be most awesome.

I wonder what the theme of a Tool movie would be. I can't help but think they'd go for a vague lyrical narrative like in The Wall.

ARMZ
01-22-2005, 12:21 PM
Hmm theme aye, I would love to see as much footage from live shows as possible and not necessarily a movie but then again if Adam directs it who knows what type of nasty shit he can create given the time and money.

Maybe Maynard himself might take the lead role if they do a movie, something along the lines of a cross-dressing hippie trying to discover how and why the cyborgs have taken over the planet to which he finds that an alien race has control over them and their goal is to wipe out the human species so that they can take over the rest of the resources but through the power of music(Tool music) it scrambles the cyborgs circuits like an EMP device and irritates the aliens so much that they mass suicide, who knows.

IC
01-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Hmm theme aye, I would love to see as much footage from live shows as possible and not necessarily a movie but then again if Adam directs it who knows what type of nasty shit he can create given the time and money.

Maybe Maynard himself might take the lead role if they do a movie, something along the lines of a cross-dressing hippie trying to discover how and why the cyborgs have taken over the planet to which he finds that an alien race has control over them and their goal is to wipe out the human species so that they can take over the rest of the resources but through the power of music(Tool music) it scrambles the cyborgs circuits like an EMP device and irritates the aliens so much that they mass suicide, who knows.
everything you said, except you will never actually see maynard's face. just like a shoulder here or there..an ankle..knee

Elgyn
01-22-2005, 02:30 PM
everything you said, except you will never actually see maynard's face. just like a shoulder here or there..an ankle..knee
Agreed. The first thing I thought was - "wait a minute, that means you'd actually have to see Maynard...?? no..."

IC
01-22-2005, 07:25 PM
they'd have danny carey play maynard, die his hair, and make adam jones digitally shrink him 4 feet

ARMZ
01-22-2005, 09:55 PM

haha

ARMZ
01-23-2005, 06:41 AM
Part 2

After along hiatus by the aliens that managed to escape, they have decided to finish off what they started. The hero from the original has sadly passed on but not after leaving hidden messages in compact discs that contain some form of 'Rock and or Roll'(it's been half a millennium since the first invasion and most of earth's population died).

A certain race of child was born, this race had psychic abilities like most new borns born after the great war, but that wasn't the strange part, no the strange part was they all had similar birth marks located behind the neck, running vertical with the spine, the mark contained letters of an old language that was once used a long time ago, the letters were, T, O, O, L.

In a museum was a shiny disc that archeologists had found upon searching an old site that laid ruined beneath the waves of the Pacific ocean. The disc was shiny on the bottom but was black on top with eyes going around the outer side of the disc and it also had a hole in the center. This baffled the many scientists who tried to figure out where this disc was made and for what purpose was it made for.

In this new civilization because many people had become higher beings there was no need for the arts and music and space travel had become a daily thing. The quest for material things had become obsolete, and many strived to reach out futher into the heavens.

As the aliens prepared to finish the race of earthly beings off, they had developed new devices to combat the sound that had drove them insane in the beginning. These were called 'ear plugs', these were very versatile as the aliens did not communicate through sound but through telepathy.

Early indications from earth radar scans and scouts situated deep in the solar system it appeared to them that a massive swarm of objects was approaching Earth and would reach them in 111 Earth days. No one new what was going on and why these things were approaching but scientist's eyebrows started to raise when satellites were destroyed without reason and people situated in space stations did not communicate back to base, they had simply disappeared.

Meanwhile a school excursion was under way with 30 youths attending a history class at a popular museum. As the group leader approached a closed window cabinet she started to talk about this disc that had been discovered years ago.

Group leader- "This object is of unknown origin, some say it is technology from the old world, some say it is a coaster to place your drink over but the most popular thought is that it was a piece of jewelry"

"Excuse me sir" Said a tall young man "is it true that these discs can be found all over the country? and that this has no relevant function what so ever?"

GL- "yes this is true but this was one of the first discovered and is in perfect condition, unlike many which are eroded or are snapped in peices"

As the group leader continued on with the class, several stayed behind to view the disc. As they peered at the disc they some how felt connected to it, it was as if it was giving off some kind of vibration, but they couldn't understand why, then without warning it moved! ever so slightly. They felt compelled to have it, to take it and use it in some manner. So without anyone watching they opened the cabinet, took the disc and left the muesum.

100 Days to go.

ARMZ
01-23-2005, 06:42 AM
shit sorry once I started I couldn't stop, I'm sure you see where this is going anyway.

IC
01-23-2005, 10:18 AM
hahaha

Perseensilmä
01-23-2005, 02:42 PM
There is certainly going to be a tool dvd. That´s a fact. And it is going to be a movie. That´s a fact. Aliens wont be involved with it. That´s a fact. The movie will be the Spinal tap of the 2000´s. That´s a fact.

IC
01-23-2005, 06:07 PM
....?? were you serious or not

Perseensilmä
01-24-2005, 01:15 AM
I am never joking if I am talking about Tool. Adam has even bought a cucumber for this movie. I read this on one of the secret links in toolband.com. Its pretty hard to find, but have patience and you will find it, as well as the release date of the new album titled "Tämä on silkkaa paskapuhetta ja kusetusta". There are also tracks titled "Kyrpä" and "Pillu". The letter ä is from the eastern mythology, I dont actually know where it comes from, but I think that Tool has got some influences from the book "Älkää nyt otttako tosissanne, paskapäät."

IC
01-24-2005, 06:24 AM
I am never joking if I am talking about Tool. Adam has even bought a cucumber for this movie. I read this on one of the secret links in toolband.com. Its pretty hard to find, but have patience and you will find it, as well as the release date of the new album titled "Tämä on silkkaa paskapuhetta ja kusetusta". There are also tracks titled "Kyrpä" and "Pillu". The letter ä is from the eastern mythology, I dont actually know where it comes from, but I think that Tool has got some influences from the book "Älkää nyt otttako tosissanne, paskapäät."
HAHAHA

Perseensilmä
01-24-2005, 07:16 AM
Dont laugh, it´s true. Yeah right. And in the case you didnt know "Tämä on silkkaa paskapuhetta ja kusetusta" means "This is total bullshit and hoax". "Kyrpä" means dick and "Pillu" means pussy. "Älkää nyt otttako tosissanne, paskapäät." means "Dont take this seriously, shitheads."

ARMZ
01-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Kyrpä in Pillu mmmmmm yummy

IC
01-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Dont laugh, it´s true. Yeah right. And in the case you didnt know "Tämä on silkkaa paskapuhetta ja kusetusta" means "This is total bullshit and hoax". "Kyrpä" means dick and "Pillu" means pussy. "Älkää nyt otttako tosissanne, paskapäät." means "Dont take this seriously, shitheads."
..and what the shit language is this? If you say Gondor, man Im gonna fuck you up.

Perseensilmä
01-26-2005, 07:15 AM
Find out. Its a real language. Little hint: the band called HIM comes from this country. You probably dont know this band, but chances are that you may have heard of it somewhere. Maybe youve seen the logo of HIM on some major music channel.

And if you wanna say "dick in a pussy yummm", then you should say "kyrpä pillussa, nami nami" And if you ever go to the country where they speak this language, I suggest you say this to native people, they will be amused. Really, while its kind of dirty thing to say, people in this country are pretty humorous. But Perseensilmä is the sweetest word in this language, it is kind of third eye of the people in this coutry.

Perseensilmä
01-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Mitä vittua? <---What the fuck? Where did you learn these words? "Heijastuminen" is very toolish word. But "minä rakastan sinua" This is pretty rare sentence in this country, if you dont count teenagers who say it alot. Instead of saying "minä rakastan sinua" most people say "mä lähden paskalle."

paraflux
01-26-2005, 10:45 AM
And I say shutten da fucken upen. Hastamen la vistamen, babykins.

Perseensilmä
01-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Vedä käteen, pelle.

IC
01-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Find out. Its a real language. Little hint: the band called HIM comes from this country. You probably dont know this band, but chances are that you may have heard of it somewhere. Maybe youve seen the logo of HIM on some major music channel.

And if you wanna say "dick in a pussy yummm", then you should say "kyrpä pillussa, nami nami" And if you ever go to the country where they speak this language, I suggest you say this to native people, they will be amused. Really, while its kind of dirty thing to say, people in this country are pretty humorous. But Perseensilmä is the sweetest word in this language, it is kind of third eye of the people in this coutry.
A. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, I have heard of HIM...
B. GOD you're gay.

Perseensilmä
01-27-2005, 01:00 AM
OH,y ou have heard of HIM. They could be a good band, but they sold out so totally that I dont like them at all, anymore. Their first record "Greatest lovesongs vol.666" is great, but now they just suck. Mainly because they make music for the market.

Good guess, but Im not a gay. I may become one, you never know. Or maybe Ill just stick to the girls.

IC
01-27-2005, 06:50 AM
so...so gay

Perseensilmä
01-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Stop dissin me, pleeeeeease. I moan and beg, and I am not a gay. Please believe me!!!

Perseensilmä
01-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Post them here? I think youre up to something... No I wont, and there are certain reasons for that. Reason nr.1: I respect the privacy of people and I wont spread pictures of them on internet. And if someone found out that I spread pictures of them, I would get my ass kicked. Reason nr.2: I cant handle technics that advanced. I just dont know how to post them here.

To me it actually matters am I gay or not. But I dont care if someone else thinks I am a gay. If you get the point. It makes a life alot easier if I am up to date if Im a gay or not.

mstajduh, do you really live in my moms ass since youve got an ä on your keyboard? Thats not so common to have that. I gotta check it out... Mommy!!!!.... Or maybe you used copy/paste, dont know.

ARMZ
01-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey hey Mr. Hanky, hows Corn Wallis doin?

Perseensilmä
01-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Im sure that theyll love the idea of having their fotos on tdn. Especially if I show them your avatar mstajduh

IC
01-28-2005, 06:23 AM
No, I'm just extremely talented.
you just want to look at girls

Stop dissin me, pleeeeeease. I moan and beg, and I am not a gay. Please believe me!!!
ok, yes I know you are not gay in a 'homosexual' way, but if you are familiar with the word 'queerbait' this applies closer to you- non homosexual referance to a person who acts like a fuckin moron. See how this applies to your situation? Being a fucking moron. Yes, and as we move on, im just fucking with you, but seriously where the hell are you getting some of this shit.

Perseensilmä
01-28-2005, 10:04 AM
What do you mean, "some of this shit". Just a little accuracy and I probably will tell.

Perseensilmä
01-28-2005, 10:07 AM
ok, yes I know you are not gay in a 'homosexual' way,

How do you know this? Have you been spying on me?

IC
01-28-2005, 12:10 PM
ok, I take it back. you're a fuckin fairy. next.

5th Eye
02-09-2005, 09:50 AM
ok, I take it back. you're a fuckin fairy. next.

I'm afraid to post...people will question my sexuality without even knowing me. And that's not even what this thread is about.

Perseensilmä
02-09-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm afraid to post...

That´s because you are a homosexual.

5th Eye
02-09-2005, 03:04 PM
That´s because you are a homosexual.

Actually no, I'm not.

IC
02-09-2005, 07:01 PM
hey, 5th eye, you dont need to worry. You're not a dipshit. See where Persemifuck went wrong? He was a dipshit. I don't think he's homosexual, he's just an idiot.

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 01:54 AM
hey, 5th eye, you dont need to worry. You're not a dipshit. See where Persemifuck went wrong? He was a dipshit. I don't think he's homosexual, he's just an idiot.

Now you question my intelligence. Asshole. You are ugly.

IC
02-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Now you question my intelligence. Asshole. You are ugly.
My avatar is far hotter than yours.

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 07:51 AM
My avatar is far hotter than yours.

My username is far hotter than yours. I can change my avatar, but nothing can be done to your username.

5th Eye
02-10-2005, 09:19 AM
My username is far hotter than yours. I can change my avatar, but nothing can be done to your username.

InnerCombustion definitely wins with the avatar, and because they're just cool overall.

Perseensilmä, how do you know InnerCombustion is ugly?

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 09:23 AM
InnerCombustion definitely wins with the avatar, and because they're just cool overall.

Perseensilmä, how do you know InnerCombustion is ugly?

She is such an ugly person. Illnatured and ugly. Trust me, I know what I´m saying.

and because they`re just cool overall ? They? Who?

5th Eye
02-10-2005, 09:30 AM
She is such an ugly person. Illnatured and ugly. Trust me, I know what I´m saying.

and because they`re just cool overall ? They? Who?

I used "they" because on forums you can't always tell who's a female and who's a male, even though their avatar may be a picture of a female.

So when was the last time you saw her?

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Before I kicked her out of my bed this morning.

5th Eye
02-10-2005, 09:33 AM
So you sleep with ugly people then?

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Only blindfolded. And I dont literally sleep with them.

5th Eye
02-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Being blindfolded takes most of the fun out of it...

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 09:35 AM
No it doesnt. Not with her face.

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 09:42 AM
What do you think paperbags are for? Geeeeeez. Kids these days.

I think about her feelings too. Its not nice to put a paperbag on.

5th Eye
02-10-2005, 09:43 AM
I think about her feelings too. Its not nice to put a paperbag on.

Oh, but it's perfectly okay to wear a blindfold, she won't be offended by that...

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Oh, but it's perfectly okay to wear a blindfold, she won't be offended by that...

Of course. Have you ever fucked a woman who keeps her eyes closed during the act? You do know why?

5th Eye
02-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Of course. Have you ever fucked a woman who keeps her eyes closed during the act? You do know why?

It's not because of MY appearance.

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 09:48 AM
It's not because of MY appearance.

Iwouldnt bet my balls on that.

5th Eye
02-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Iwouldnt bet my balls on that.

I wouldn't bet my balls on anything. Personally, I kind of appreciate them as they are...if someone took them I'd be awfully sad...

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't bet my balls on anything. Personally, I kind of appreciate them as they are...if someone took them I'd be awfully sad...

But what if you won an extra pair? That would be awesome.

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 01:44 PM
You're right. It's not nice. However, if she requests it, it's fair game.

A girl once requested me to put a paperbag on her head. The reason was that I kept vomitting on her face throughout the act. She couldnt stand it.

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 01:53 PM
LMAO. Was this on an airplane? What'd you eat beforehand?

Wasnt on airplane. It was in her boyfriends bed. I did eat pizza, and you can imagine what her face looked after I threw up. It was like humanfacepizza with a kind of a bitter taste. The reason I threw up was her face, so she asked that she can wear the paperbag, to avoid me looking at her face.

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
No I didnt, I had to take a hike, because her boyfriend came in. And believe me he was even uglier than the girl. He had the pizzaface naturally.

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 02:12 PM
What? You could have had a calezone with those 2 pizza pies.

Oh well, I hope you learned your lesson atleast.

I wouldnt want to be a part of that calizone.

Indeed learned the lesson. "You have to run faster, if you dont want to get a black eye and sore ass."

IC
02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Pshitemia who are you kidding you never got laid by anyone, forget about ugly people.

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Who is Pshitemia?

Perseensilmä
02-10-2005, 02:28 PM
I think this thread got a bit off the track. So people, what do you think why the freaking dvd hasnt come out?

5th Eye
02-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I think this thread got a bit off the track. So people, what do you think why the freaking dvd hasnt come out?

Because Tool is lazy.

TheInsideSource
02-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Because Tool is lazy.

No they're not... They just like to take their time to ensure their music is top notch, nothing wrong with that.

Perseensilmä
02-12-2005, 09:22 AM
No they're not... They just like to take their time to ensure their music is top notch, nothing wrong with that.

In other words, theyre lazy.

5th Eye
02-12-2005, 11:52 AM
In other words, theyre lazy.

Well, not really...they do take their time, and probably slack off a lot, but the end result is always pretty amazing...

Perseensilmä
02-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Well, not really...

Yes really. And they better make the best record ever, or Im gonna get drunk because of my anger. And if the record aint the best I will do something really bad while Im desperate and drunk.

5th Eye
02-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Yes really. And they better make the best record ever, or Im gonna get drunk because of my anger. And if the record aint the best I will do something really bad while Im desperate and drunk.

Well...um...you really shouldn't base your life on the quality of a CD, even if it is Tool...

I'm pretty confident that it'll be better than anything they've released yet. But I can't say whether they are lazy or not, I don't watch what they do; I'm hoping they're working hard to pull off an amazing album.

IC
02-14-2005, 06:29 AM
what the hell is a jimmy janga, and what the hell is a chimmy changa

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 09:10 AM
what the hell is a jimmy janga, and what the hell is a chimmy changa

A chimichanga is a tasty Mexican dish...chicken and rice stuff and cheese in a tortilla...

IC
02-14-2005, 04:56 PM
thanks

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:08 PM
I get those frozen and wrapped in plastic. They're really bad for you but taste awesome. Especially with melted cheese on them. Mmmmmm.

IC
02-14-2005, 05:10 PM
I just kept hearing about it. and I was hungry..

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Go get one and eat it. You'll thank me.

IC
02-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Auto response from InnerCombustion : sorry, out to get a chimmyjanga or whatever the hell its called. 5th Eye said they're tastey.

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Damn right.

IC
02-14-2005, 05:15 PM
back. they almost caught me when I set the taco bell on fire. they didnt have any CCs.

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Go to Acme or something. Someone's bound to have some.

IC
02-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Acme had them but I lost my money at the Taco Bell fire

ROCKMOUSE
02-03-2007, 10:19 AM
new live dvd from 2007 by christmas, with a combo live album, dvd might be filmed from the upcoming vegas shows........peace toolheads, i hope i dont need my parents to buy it, like most of my r rated ps2 games

ahop
02-07-2007, 11:31 AM
is this true?

Salvatorin
02-07-2007, 01:00 PM
anything ROCKMOUSE says is true

chonus
02-10-2007, 06:28 PM
new live dvd from 2007 by christmas, with a combo live album, dvd might be filmed from the upcoming vegas shows........peace toolheads, i hope i dont need my parents to buy it, like most of my r rated ps2 games

Launch Radio Networks reports: TOOL intends to record some dates on its next North American tour for a live CD and DVD, according to Harddrive Radio. The initial dates for the outing have been announced, with the first confirmed show on March 15th in Las Vegas. Although TOOL tapes all its live shows, drummer Danny Carey told Launch that the band doesn't want to release each one as groups like PEARL JAM have done. "I doubt if we'll go that far with it, but we'll definitely be releasing some live DVDs and specific concerts that we feel strongly about," he said. "I think that's just a cooler way to do it. Pick the best stuff instead of just flood the market with a bunch of mediocre crap (laughs). No one can be their best every night. It's great that people may want all that, you know, if they're real hardcore fans, but I don't know, I think quality rather than quantity is a lot more important way to go."

Some tickets for the new tour begin going on sale this Saturday (January 27).

The stage production on the next TOOL jaunt will be "more intense" than the band's last trip, with computer animation and props possibly being included.

The band is supporting its fourth album, "10,000 Days", which has sold 1.4 million copies since arriving last May. The CD's next single is "Jambi."

I found that on a forum earlier, however it was from Jan. 27th and the Hard Drive Radio news archive only goes back to the beginning of the month of Feb. I apologize if this has been posted already.

5th Eye
02-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Good bump.

parsad13
02-14-2007, 08:22 PM
/\ Im so jealous of this avatar

guitarpete987
02-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Good bump.

Very good bump!!! Well, it's nice to know the band is actually working on something. Sounds like they want to make it really special.

His comment about this next round of shows being more intense than the last round has me very excited about seeing them next month!

Haidar
02-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Tool tapes all of their shows, don't get excited people!

chonus
02-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Too late.

hushypushy
02-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Tool tapes all of their shows, don't get excited people!

They don't video tape all of their shows. The do audio tape them, though.

And I mean professional quality videos--as far as I know, they use a MiniDV type camera to film from offstage, based on many eye witness reports.

Cheesegreater
02-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Man, I too am really looking forward to this. I always wanted Tool to have a nice DVD video of them playing at a cool venue. I know that it would be near impossible to do this, but I've always wanted to see them pull of something as intimate as the unplugged Alice in Chains DVD. What a great live DVD! The audience didn't yell and carry on (or at least they drowned it out) in the wrong parts. I would love to see a show like that. Big enough for Tool to have a really engaging stageshow, but still maintain a certain level intimacy with a respectful crowd that knows to listen to the music and to WAIT UNTIL THE SONG IS OVER BEFORE CHEERING! LOL.. I'm sorry, I've seen them live, and I know it feels natural to cheer them really loud when they something really cool in a song, but it puts a damper on things for me. Picture this, the crowd going wild after a breakdown in Schism and NO ONE gets to hear the the beautifully subtle "Is this a test? It has to be." whispering. That's just my opion, it's not like I hold it against the crowd or anything, but it seems some of the people who inevitibly go to these shows don't seem to know when their songs end. So they cheer and cheer and then say to themselves, "Oh yeah, there's like three more minutes." Sorry for the rant, but does anybody feel the same?

reflection63
02-19-2007, 02:02 PM
the patient*

jevons
02-23-2007, 11:20 AM
The Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto. Fucking dead silence. Granted, i was at the outer rim, on the grass, in the pouring rain, but it was quiet through the songs. The crowd new what to do, for the most part. "We love tool" chants were a little embarrasing at times, but love is love.

Someone mentioned props... i saw a cowboy hat?

macfreak
02-24-2007, 07:11 AM
there is no dvd. they don´t need to release a dvd

Salvatorin
02-24-2007, 11:49 AM
You are right, any dvd of TOOL shouldn't be released. Besides, how do you give a lethal injection to a disk????

If you don't understand this, then read "The Giver."

wearethestories
02-25-2007, 07:38 AM
If you don't understand this, then read "The Giver."

so we need to read your wanking literature before we can understand your wanking posts?

(just like the word "wanking" and deem it worthy of usage)

O.G.T.92
02-25-2007, 10:14 PM
I think they should release something with some live video, just about every show they have ever done is bootlegged on the internet somewhere, but it is all shitty quality, it almost certainly wouldn't be a straightforward live show though, knowing them (adam especially) it would be some mind blowing epic done in a way that no one has ever even thought about doing before. If one ever does come out, prepare for super cool video/packaging. It would be hard to make a live tool dvd not look cheesy. One of those you gotta be there things I think.

Cheesegreater
02-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I think their live shows call for the "you had to have been there" scenario. To be honest Tool will make a mistake every now and then. If you've got an ear for it you can tell when a note is slightly off or a guitar is slightly out of tune. Tiny shit like that is acceptable at live arena type shows, granted Tool hardly ever has slip-ups.

I think if they were to make a live DVD they would have to have that relatively small quiet venue, with a great stage show. Also, they would all need to be total perfectionists that night. Making sure everything is tuned perfectly and trying to ensure that they "nail" the complex parts. They would really need to tap in to that original energy they had at the time they wrote each song and play it to it's fullest potential. I'm not saying they don't do this and play their hearts already. I'm just saying they could really make an astonishing live DVD that could serve as a testament to why Tool was a truly legendary musical act of our own time. They won't be around forever.

When you see a Jimi Hendrix video after hearing how fucking unbelieveable he was in his time, you begin to understand what gave him the status in rock that he had. Years later, I don't want my kids watching some stupid ass fuzzy video with horrible sound, in a crappy venue, with some drunk ass yelling stupid shit in the background and them thinking "So... this was Tool? My parents favorite band,,,"

Now, I know if my kids were to listen to their actual albums they might appreciate that a lot more, but how am I to tell them they really sounded like they do on CD when all I have is cell phone video, and old shaky-camera bullshit?

I really hope they come out with a DVD like this. I wouldn't be surprised if they never do, but I just don't understand why. Maybe it's some point they are trying to prove. "You have to have been there and if you weren't there you simply missed it" Wanting their legend to live on strictly through word of mouth instead of just popping in a DVD. Regardless, I think it's project they could have a lot of fun doing, and obviously it make plenty of fans wet their pants.

Peace guys.

Jezus_Ghoti
02-27-2007, 03:29 PM
I would have said pretty much the exact same thing.

10,000 Days is a fucking GOOD album, yet there are people here who tear it to shreds. Think about what would happen if Tool released a sub-par live DVD. Even if it was pretty good in terms of concert DVDs, it wouldn't be good enough for a lot of fans (or Tool's own high standards).

They probably haven't released anything yet because what they have filmed so far just isn't good enough. Maybe it's their performance, maybe it's that they haven't been able to get the look they want in terms of cameras, lighting, effects... who knows?

I'm choosing to just be patient and know that if/when they finally release a live DVD, I can put my full faith in it being amazing.

parsad13
03-20-2007, 09:04 PM
will it be a highlight dvd or a full concert?

Cheesegreater
03-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Judging from rumors it'll be a highlight DVD. Either way would be fine with me. I think they are a little paranoid about releasing a DVD. Worried that it won't meet it's fullest pontential. I know they can do it though. I just hope they do it before too long. Look at Pink Floyd. They didn't release a full version of "Darkside of the Moon." until "Pulse" in 2006 (which was a 1994 performance). It's a great DVD, but look how long it took. They were all getting into their fifties and early sixties. Still great DVD. Check out "pulse" esp. disc 2.

hushypushy
03-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Pink Floyd is a far different case, though. Their heyday was definitely NOT in the era of music DVDs and such. ***, they were at their peak before the VCR was even invented. So for them to do a DVD is sort of...weird. That was a PPV concert that was originally turned into a VHS/Laserdisc, and then way later brought out as a DVD.

I remember even 5 years ago, music DVDs were hard to find. Now, every band out there has a DVD or five out on the shelves--except Tool. I think on one hand, they don't want to let people down (because their shows have blown many a mind), but on the other hand, perhaps they just don't want to join in the monotony? So many bands have full concert DVDs out, and you know what? Very few of them are interesting to anyone but the hardcore fans. And knowing Tool, they won't cater to the hardcore fan, they'll cater to themselves. Since they've (obviously) seen every single one of their shows, I highly doubt they are going to release an entire show.

What I'm looking out for (and am excited to see) are the tracks which really showcase each band member doing SOMETHING. In other words, I fully expect to see some sort of sequence that shows off that video program that Adam works with, the one that modifies the video clips as a visualization for the song, kind of like what NIN did with the video sequence in And All That Could Have Been, except Tool would show off just that segment. I can imagine that being for a new song, like The Pot or Jambi (I loved the videos for those). I expect to see a full version of Wings for Marie, showing off Maynard. I STILL expect to see them show off Danny (like that one mysterious vid of the Forty Six & 2 drumo solo?), so maybe they'll throw some Forty Six & 2 or Rosetta Stoned action in there. I'm HOPING that they'll throw in Vicarious and show off the ambient style intro...perhaps a full "trilogy" video? They're playing Vicarious/Lateralus/Ænema at every show, I hope it will make it onto DVD...

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm somehow positive that at least ONE of those things will appear on a live Tool DVD sometime. Maybe not before Tool breaks up, maybe not before all the members die, maybe not even before we die...but someday, I expect an official release with one of those clips :P