PDA

View Full Version : LK

Pages : [1] 2

IC
01-10-2005, 01:54 PM
So...does anyone think there will be a 'single' kind of deal off this album? I wish there was something the radio would actually play of tool. i hear LK is like 12 min long..I think a little more variety as far as song length on the album would be cool.
So back on track- what does LK stand for, why is blair a douche, and why do some of you care so much about spelling?

champion
01-10-2005, 02:23 PM
of course there'll be a single. tool's a popular band, and the radio masturbates to playing their songs.

LK should be taken with a grain of salt. all the information about it is very subject to change as of now.

people_do_like_me
01-10-2005, 02:45 PM
where do you acquire the information for the album?

p.s.: this is very exciting.

SCH/ISM
01-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I couldn't care less if there were a radio song or not. I just pray Tool isn't forced to make a song or change an existing one so as to be radio friendly for those with short attention spans.

Red Eye Jedi
01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
I couldn't care less if there were a radio song or not. I just pray Tool isn't forced to make a song or change an existing one so as to be radio friendly for those with short attention spans.
In an ideal situation I would hope there record company wasnt that greedy. Their next album will make so much money for them after lateralus even without a made radio friendly song. I trust Maynard and the rest of Tool to kick ass as always. So I wont spend much time worrying about how good the next album is.

Andy DV
01-10-2005, 04:43 PM
i hope nothing gets on the radio. we need to work on keeping this band a secret. i think they're starting to catch on...quick...put some godsmack on and pretend we're talking about something else...

LP|Stang
01-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Tool hase never once hinted they will change into radio friendly. They practice what they preach.

The Drapery Falls
01-11-2005, 04:30 AM
Tool are hella radio friendly.

What do you think Eon Blue Apocalypse was made for?

IC
01-11-2005, 06:17 AM

ha nice

c4nnon_fodder
01-11-2005, 06:57 PM
i hope nothing gets on the radio. we need to work on keeping this band a secret. i think they're starting to catch on...quick...put some godsmack on and pretend we're talking about something else...

I don't want Tool to become too popular, with popularity often comes greed and then crappy music. In Colorado they are played on the radio pretty often, i dont know if it is just Colorado or if Tool is really gaining in popularity.

champion
01-11-2005, 07:09 PM
i wonder what'll happen to the guy above me when he realizes tool is one of the highest-selling rock bands in the world.

Andy DV
01-11-2005, 08:24 PM
ha. yea thats their appeal. everyone feels like tool is their little secret that they stumbled upon. i think their relative lack of appearances sans maynard has attributed to this fallacy. its also why a lot of fans are fucking fanatic psychos. you know, us.

Agent of Truth
01-12-2005, 04:57 AM
i bet the new album will contain a coded map to a secret party with free acid and a live performance for all the fans clever enough to decode it in time. Or a deadly weapon you can make out of the cd booklet. Man if it doesn't come out soon I'm really gonna lose it.

IC
01-12-2005, 06:10 AM
i bet the new album will contain a coded map to a secret party with free acid and a live performance for all the fans clever enough to decode it in time. Or a deadly weapon you can make out of the cd booklet. Man if it doesn't come out soon I'm really gonna lose it.
wow I really coulnd't tell if he was kidding or not

ruby
01-12-2005, 07:46 AM
sidenote.. do any of you know how many records tool are bound to with their current contract?

tool have become one of the most undeniably important bands today, and will sell records by the bucketload on their name alone.. no need for extravagant promotion..

in an ideal world they would release the album on an independant label..(ipecac f.ex) this would create a situation where an independently released album would gross higher than most crap released by mainstream companies, giving other artists the guts to go independant too... thus creating a mass emigration from commercial record labels and getting the money back to where they belong, the hands of the artists.

well... one can hope :)

TheInsideSource
01-12-2005, 09:55 AM
sidenote.. do any of you know how many records tool are bound to with their current contract?

I'm pretty sure they are currently on a 3 record deal, with Lateralus being the first of those three albums...

tool have become one of the most undeniably important bands today, and will sell records by the bucketload on their name alone.. no need for extravagant promotion..

Which is exactly why Tool don't need singles... Danny Carey has said himself in a post-Lateralus interview that Tool are a "album band"... They concentrate on creating songs as one entity, to be heard in one sitting... While I wouldn't mind a single as it would be more Tool music to buy, I'm more than happy (understatement) buying just an album which the guy's have worked super hard on...

So...does anyone think there will be a 'single' kind of deal off this album? I wish there was something the radio would actually play of tool. i hear LK is like 12 min long.

Firstly, when you would buy the CD (assuming you do), what is the need of wanting to hear Tool on the radio, when you can just pop in the CD into the player/stereo and hear the music... It's not like Tool are going to make a song just so Tool fans will be able to listen to Tool on the radio... Could you imagine them making songs...

Justin: Nice riff there Adam...
Adam: Thanks!
Maynard: Uh, guys that riff is too heavy, we're not going to get on the radio if our music is do damn brutal...
Adam: Oh...

Oh, by the way, LK is 18 minutes long at the moment... I don't know how you came up with 12...

IC
01-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Firstly, when you would buy the CD (assuming you do), what is the need of wanting to hear Tool on the radio, when you can just pop in the CD into the player/stereo and hear the music... It's not like Tool are going to make a song just so Tool fans will be able to listen to Tool on the radio... Could you imagine them making songs...
Because I want them to gain some recognition, so that when Im driving down the road pissed off and by chance it comes on I feel like there is SOME good in the music buisness still, and so that people know a tool song if the band were to come up in discussion. Im not in anyway saying ' man I hope they dumb that song down'. Im just saying its cool to hear 46&2 or Aenema when im listening to my radio.

Oh, by the way, LK is 18 minutes long at the moment... I don't know how you came up with 12...
ok are you kidding me

people_do_like_me
01-12-2005, 02:37 PM
where'd you find out how long the song is...
and what does LK stand for?

IC
01-12-2005, 05:32 PM
where'd you find out how long the song is...
and what does LK stand for?
a. Toolband.com if you scroll down a bit now, you will find a lengthy article about how Toolband.com's website writer, Blair, went to one of Tool's rehearsals lately. Its very interesting, and he mentions a song with the initials 'LK'

b. We dont know what LK stands for due to legal reasons, if in fact the name does stick when they release the record.

SCH/ISM
01-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Because I want them to gain some recognition, so that when Im driving down the road pissed off and by chance it comes on I feel like there is SOME good in the music buisness still, and so that people know a tool song if the band were to come up in discussion. Im not in anyway saying ' man I hope they dumb that song down'. Im just saying its cool to hear 46&2 or Aenema when im listening to my radio.

ok are you kidding me

agreed. Guys think they'll make a video? PErhaps that deserves a new thread.

LP|Stang
01-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Or I can answer here: yes.

munted_soul
01-13-2005, 02:16 AM
I heard they released it in japan yesterday.

champion
01-13-2005, 08:27 AM
ok, for the last time:

1. blair said "LK" is very subject to change. i bet there's a pretty good chance of the band changing the song name, all bands change their song names throughout the recording process.

2. blair said something like, "i was captivated by the listening, and i'm not sure exactly how long it was, but it seemed like 18 minutes. adam told me it was more like 15."

ARMZ
01-13-2005, 08:43 AM
I also wonder if this might be their last album. As I recall Blair said that there was a cake drawn on a white board with four lit candles on it and he asked Adam what is was about and Adam said something like there's room for one more. Of course this is only speculation.

Isac Khrondor
01-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Of course theres going to be singles and they will be played on the radio, as much as Tool like to think they arn't freindly to the media they still have loads of interviews floating about and good handfull of music videos that get played to death on release.

All I really want is progression, and by the sound of it, this 'LK' song is doing just that, I just hope it's not just really amazing drumming but with basic riffing like on Triad, I want want any song worthy of 15 minutes of my time should have.
(im thinking Shine On You Crazy Diamond style)

parabolic_reflection
01-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Awesome

IC
01-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Of course theres going to be singles and they will be played on the radio, as much as Tool like to think they arn't freindly to the media they still have loads of interviews floating about and good handfull of music videos that get played to death on release.

All I really want is progression, and by the sound of it, this 'LK' song is doing just that, I just hope it's not just really amazing drumming but with basic riffing like on Triad, I want want any song worthy of 15 minutes of my time should have.
(im thinking Shine On You Crazy Diamond style)
maybe in england..but I live in a tool-void life down hear in Jersey. Its not a good thing.

IC
01-20-2005, 05:59 PM
I also wonder if this might be their last album. As I recall Blair said that there was a cake drawn on a white board with four lit candles on it and he asked Adam what is was about and Adam said something like there's room for one more. Of course this is only speculation.
wow..thats actually an origional thought..its depressing, but hey.

ARMZ
01-21-2005, 07:41 AM
If it is true then it would be fitting to do the whole DVD/album thingy followed by a world tour. It will be a sad sad day when Tool announces their retirement.

IC
01-21-2005, 10:29 AM
yeah it will..lets not try to look at it that way though heh

ARMZ
01-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Back to the subject of L.K, I think it will change but as we all know Tool can mess around with what ever they please, which brings me back to some news that was floating around back when Lateralus was soon to arrive.

The title of the album was going to be called 'Systema Encéphale' and among the ten tunes listed were names like "Encephatalis," "Coeliacus," "Lactation" and "Pain Canal."

So as it shows Tool are great for disinformation and no one knows anything until it is in your own hands.

IC
01-24-2005, 06:07 AM
haha yeah I remember them

vatas
01-24-2005, 08:03 AM
I heard they released it in japan yesterday.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Go go go!

IC
01-24-2005, 02:40 PM
japanies tourists:

"oh this shit sucks"

GregoryWohlwend
01-25-2005, 01:33 AM
hmmm, i pray there isn't a single, yet, i dont really listen to the radio, i know i'll give into the snake and listen in, however i know it'll "ruin" whatever song/version they put on the radio, just as was done with schism...

Andy DV
01-25-2005, 09:56 AM
yea having already heard schism dozens of times before the album was released sorta tainted it for me for a little while, but now its one of my favorite songs.

i definately wont have the will to keep from listening to a single, but theres no way im gonna give into a leaked copy of the whole album. fuck that shit. i resisted the leaked lateralus even when my friend told me "the scream on the first song is like 30 seconds long!"

bastard.

SiGuy
01-25-2005, 05:18 PM
well, you may have the self control to resist leaked songs, albums etc. but i dont, oh by the way i have a copy of a song most likely off the new album, its title's skeptical but i dont think thats the real name. if this is where the band is going then i think the new album will be leaning more to the agressive opiate style,... sweet

IC
01-25-2005, 05:30 PM
no you dont. now die

SiGuy
01-25-2005, 11:44 PM
yes i do

SiGuy
01-25-2005, 11:46 PM
i think

SiGuy
01-25-2005, 11:48 PM
hey andy, fear and loathing is an awesome movie

SiGuy
01-26-2005, 12:41 AM
before anybody has a chance to roast me, i would like to apologize for this little but of UNnecessary propaganda. i

GregoryWohlwend
01-26-2005, 01:27 PM
well, you may have the self control to resist leaked songs, albums etc. but i dont, oh by the way i have a copy of a song most likely off the new album, its title's skeptical but i dont think thats the real name. if this is where the band is going then i think the new album will be leaning more to the agressive opiate style,... sweet

fuck you, you're now on my ignore list, even if i dont listen to them i dont want to hear your interpretations about these songs which are probably not from TOOL in the first place... but just to make sure i go in a virgin....

IGNORE

Andy DV
01-26-2005, 03:05 PM
hey andy, fear and loathing is an awesome movie

yes it is, but what does that have to do with anything? did i reference fear and loathing without knowing it?

IC
01-26-2005, 04:45 PM
no, but he got it from a leaked source that said you liked it.

nipploleon dynomight
01-26-2005, 06:01 PM

More of a TRL friendly thing, except it wouldn't make it up there with those sweet rap and punk songs that have awesome videos. Man listening to rich black men talk about how much money and sex that they have is almost as cool as listening to EMO bands talk about how their girlfriend dumped them, so they went out with another girl, and went back to the first girl after they found out that she was pregnant and how they broke their skateboards during the whole incident. Fucking country bastards.

nipploleon dynomight
01-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Plus anyways their new album will be about anal sex, just like every other song... it's true.

IC
01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Plus anyways their new album will be about anal sex, just like every other song... it's true.
what rap or tool

Dispatch
02-09-2005, 07:24 PM
LK, perhaps in reference to a major scandal this past year, might mean Liberate Kobe ?

IC
02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
yeah I guess

5th Eye
02-10-2005, 02:45 PM
LK, perhaps in reference to a major scandal this past year, might mean Liberate Kobe ?

Oh god I hope not.

If the major songs are between 10 and 20 minutes long there's no way they're playing the full versions on radio, and editing them would just be mean. As for singles...I'm pretty sure that they're against singles; there weren't any off of Lateralus were there?

No thoughts on the meaning of L.K.

ohsnapplez
02-11-2005, 08:58 PM

or they could maybe add another member. 4 + 1 = 5

5th Eye
02-12-2005, 11:56 AM
or they could maybe add another member. 4 + 1 = 5

That's been suggested, but I think another member would hurt, not help...and what would they do anyway? More guitar? Tool is more of a drum-led band anyway, one guitar is plenty...

A keyboardist really wouldn't hurt though.

excessum
02-12-2005, 12:19 PM
I think everyone needs to stop worrying about the outcome of the new album. I truly believe this will be an amazing album as far as what I have heard from Danny Carey and reading stuff from Toolband.com. Every song Tool has composed I love, even Maynard's Dick was a good song. When I heard that Danny Carey said they are designing a song thats 18 minutes long and supposed to be the most complicated song ever, not to mention this is supposed to be some of their best work they have ever done. Thats all I needed to hear from the great Danny Carey. So just kickback, relax, be patient and wait for the realese which I heard was going to be released mid to late summer as I predicted when they first announced it. I have no doubt in my mind that this album will be a masterpiece just like every other EP/LP/Live album they have released.

Andy DV
02-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh god I hope not.

If the major songs are between 10 and 20 minutes long there's no way they're playing the full versions on radio, and editing them would just be mean. As for singles...I'm pretty sure that they're against singles; there weren't any off of Lateralus were there?

schism was the first single, then came parabola, then lateralus, which was horribly butchered on the radio. they have singles like everyone else.

5th Eye
02-13-2005, 10:43 AM
schism was the first single, then came parabola, then lateralus, which was horribly butchered on the radio. they have singles like everyone else.

Oh yeah...I'm dumb...I've heard Schism and Parabol/Parabola on the radio but never Lateralus. I knew they had singles, I hear stuff from Ænima on the radio every once in a while. Parabola was the first Tool song I heard, it was on the radio...

Smith1228
02-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Maybe the 5th candle is for a new member. In fact, maybe he will be a talented guitarist, so that there new album might on the level of "Frances the Mute".

IC
02-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Maybe the 5th candle is for a new member. In fact, maybe he will be a talented guitarist, so that there new album might on the level of "Frances the Mute".
or maybe better

Smith1228
02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
or maybe better

That might be true, but if Adam does not start showing some versatility, forget about it.

ARMZ
02-14-2005, 03:21 PM
I like this new theory. 'The fifth member'. I wonder if they would rename themselves to Tools, and Maynard can grow a beard.

I want a bit more bass in this album and a bit more angst from Maynard, although we've been through this before, it's not what you want, it's what I want. Fucking Britney Spears why do you have to ruin everything.

LK = Libido Kama

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I like this new theory. 'The fifth member'. I wonder if they would rename themselves to Tools, and Maynard can grow a beard.

I want a bit more bass in this album and a bit more angst from Maynard, although we've been through this before, it's not what you want, it's what I want. Fucking Britney Spears why do you have to ruin everything.

LK = Libido Kama

No renaming, please. And Maynard with a beard would be scary as all hell. Depending.

More angst would be okay, but only for certain feels of songs. Since they're getting heavier angst needs to be upped.

ARMZ
02-14-2005, 04:40 PM
What about Britney? you can't leave out Britney!

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 04:47 PM
What about Britney? you can't leave out Britney!

Okay fine. Britney sucks too.

i would be pissed if they added a new member, it wouldn't be tool. it would be nice if this weren't their last album, but i could deal with it if it were.

Yeah, a new member would kind of ruin everything, don't you think? Too many memebers ruin the whole thing. 4 is a good number to keep for bands. It's almost definitely not going to be their last album (just look at their record contract) but if it was I'd be very very very sad.

IC
02-14-2005, 04:52 PM
yeah I need to see them on more than one tour

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 04:54 PM
I just need to see them. *sad face*

IC
02-14-2005, 04:55 PM
jesus do you live here? on this thread?

ARMZ
02-14-2005, 04:58 PM
If it is true that they have 2 more cds to complete then they could easily do a new album and a best of album or a cover album or a dvd, that's if they wanted to complete the contract in a shorter period of time ala APC.

Who knows but those that go.

IC
02-14-2005, 05:02 PM
most def- they havent finished their contract yet

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:02 PM
If it is true that they have 2 more cds to complete then they could easily do a new album and a best of album or a cover album or a dvd, that's if they wanted to complete the contract in a shorter period of time ala APC.
A Tool "best of" album? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A DVD'd be cool though. They'd better not pull off some crap really quick like APC did just to complete the contract.

jesus do you live here? on this thread?
Haven't seen jesus on this thread lately, but I'll let you know.

IC
02-14-2005, 05:03 PM
danny said the video they're working on is intense and the dvd's gonna be different than any other live band dvd ever. But he also said that three years.

IC
02-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Haven't seen jesus on this thread lately, but I'll let you know.
how about jebus? but he hasnt been around much anymore. you know since he was banned.

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:05 PM
But if they've been working on it for those 3 years, it HAS to be good...at least I hope so...

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:06 PM
how about jebus? but he hasnt been around much anymore. you know since he was banned.

Nope, not him either.

We need to stop simposting.

IC
02-14-2005, 05:08 PM
simposting..?

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Posting at the same time. So the logic flow of the thread gets messed up.

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Like that. See?

IC
02-14-2005, 05:22 PM
oh, well I dont do this often, so this is my binge

5th Eye
02-14-2005, 05:23 PM
I see.

IC
02-14-2005, 05:23 PM
ok stop that

Ryan
10-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Large Kaon

kaon [káy on] (plural kaons)
n
elementary particle: an unstable elementary particle produced as a result of high-energy particle collision. It occurs in both charged and neutral forms and helps to hold protons and neutrons together inside a nucleus.

sequel to (-) Ions, extended.

Spongebob
10-23-2005, 01:39 AM
larynxacle krynxometer

metalforever
10-23-2005, 09:41 AM
I don't want Tool to become too popular, with popularity often comes greed and then crappy music. In Colorado they are played on the radio pretty often, i dont know if it is just Colorado or if Tool is really gaining in popularity.

lateralus and parabola is played way too often on my radio...

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
10-23-2005, 09:47 AM
lateralus and parabola is played way too often on my radio...
Really? Neither of those are played here. Ever.

metalforever
10-23-2005, 09:55 AM
i think i heard lateralus this morning...

oh, and about that candle thing and reference to the end of the band, i think the candles mean how many songs their are on the album...

ATARI
10-23-2005, 11:06 AM
I heard Lateralus once on the radio. It's was edited to hell though

ATARI
10-23-2005, 11:07 AM
And the worst part was the DJ was some fill in DJ who has no idea about anything before 2003 or something and she was like

AND THAT WAS TOOL WITH LATE LUST!

I called her up and give her a nasty bitchin though

ARMZ
10-23-2005, 11:07 AM
I dunno I was stoned your honor

metalforever
10-23-2005, 11:22 AM
And the worst part was the DJ was some fill in DJ who has no idea about anything before 2003 or something and she was like

AND THAT WAS TOOL WITH LATE LUST!

I called her up and give her a nasty bitchin though

haha..., she deserved it, lol

i didnt really hear a difference in lateralus when i heard it, though....

ARMZ
10-23-2005, 11:45 AM
The album will be called "Your mammas so fat other women orbit around her"

L.K stands for Large Knockers

The whole album is a stab at the fans, the fat lady is Tool, the fans are the other smaller bodies who revolve around this single entity, the Large Knockers will feed us and so on.........

I like big butts and I can not lie You other brothers can't deny ...

metalforever
10-23-2005, 12:08 PM
New album title(not really):

your mamas so fat, we declared her ass the tenth planet

Tertius Oculum
10-23-2005, 01:10 PM
LK= Long Kickassong

Tertius Oculum
10-23-2005, 01:10 PM
New album title(not really):

your mamas so fat, we declared her ass the tenth planet

Planet X! The one where the aliens come and harvest us every 10,000 years or so?

moneyisevil
10-23-2005, 02:12 PM
LK = Lil Kim

LetTheRabbitsWearGlasses
10-23-2005, 02:13 PM
LK = Lil Kim
See, someone agrees with me...

Isac Khrondor
10-23-2005, 02:39 PM
LK = Laylard Keenan.

Chris Myth
10-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Has anyone else considered that L.K. might simply be titled "L.K.", in the same vein as "H." on Aenima?

Bogart
10-23-2005, 06:47 PM
LK- les klaypool

awaking
10-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Lachrymatory.Kill

cheba63
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Like(to) Wink

Useful Idiot
10-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I was thinking about the candle thing too.May have to do with how many years since Lateralus this one will take.Maybe they wanted to get it out for 2005,but are themselves finding it too hard to do.Think about it...

svet-am
10-23-2005, 08:13 PM

where I'm from, the Mississippi Coast, the local station WCPR plays Lateralus and Parabol(a) uncut and unedited. The first time I heard it on the radio, I said to my then-girlfriend "I bet they cut it down to three and a half" and they didn't. I was quite shocked and proud at the same time.

metalforever
10-23-2005, 08:54 PM
i know iv heard some live tool shit on the radio...

obscured_by_clouds
10-23-2005, 08:59 PM
seems like tool are one of the most played bands on my local radio station, along with nirvana, metallica, and nickelback. probably play aenima the most.

waffel
10-23-2005, 11:06 PM
I heard fourty six and two alot, along with H. All I've ever heard has been off aenima.

Ertai
10-24-2005, 04:34 AM
LK = Laylard Keenan.
Lord Keenan

Self_Destructive
10-24-2005, 07:24 AM
I must say this again:
LK= Lion King...

s ti N Kfizt
10-24-2005, 07:56 AM
LK= Lokin Karva

killershears
10-24-2005, 10:28 AM
LK = Lil' Keenan

plexus
10-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Lateralus Koolaid

Bogart
10-24-2005, 06:00 PM
large kunts???

cheba63
10-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Little Kids(feel so good)

Bogart
10-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Little Kids(feel so good)
michael jacksons in the house

5th Eye
10-25-2005, 03:17 AM
He's right you know!™

Ryan
10-25-2005, 03:40 AM
Lime Kitten

Intertwined
10-25-2005, 06:18 AM
Oh shi.

Lost Kingdom

I srsly think that's it.

ARMZ
10-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Did someone say Lizard Kings? if not then I did.

Or the first word will be Lathe......

Foamy
10-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Lacrymal Kink

nevermore
10-25-2005, 08:54 AM
In my opinion, I think "L.K." stands for "Luther King". I don't have much demonstrative evidence to support such a claim. However, Martin Luther King Day is in January. Plus, one must consider the political presence in some of the recent Tool pictures, the human-target on Maynards myspace, and the reference to elephtheria. (which, as I am sure you are well aware of, means freedom.). I am not claiming to state a fact. I am merely pointing out a consistency I viewed and thought was worthy of consideration.

One more thing, I think L.K. is a temporal title which represents a theme.

TenSpeed
10-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I think that LK won't even appear on the album.
If it's not Tool fucking with us, it's just a working title.

Like 987 (Lateralus)

BreakX
10-25-2005, 12:49 PM

Yes.

TurdEye13
10-27-2005, 08:13 PM

I agree. I have been told that this is not the first time Blair has done this. Telling codenames for forthcominhg songs and the names are totally off.

Tertius Oculum
10-28-2005, 02:35 AM
Lost Knight.

Ryan
10-28-2005, 02:53 AM
Lol, K.

/V\agina
10-28-2005, 03:53 AM
Maybe the song is called LK.

s ti N Kfizt
10-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Lisko Kuningas

TurdEye13
10-30-2005, 12:19 PM
LK might mean "Lousy Karma"

Hey, anything is possible with Tool.

Isac Khrondor
10-30-2005, 12:37 PM
El Kay.

killershears
10-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Larynx Kobra

metalforever
10-30-2005, 01:06 PM
look what i found

A direct application of the LK theory to the interpretation of the quantum magnetic oscillations in low-dimensional conductors, like organic ET salts, or quantum Hall systems, displays numerous deviations from the standard behavior. This makes the experimental extraction of the above electronic parameters unreliable. In the LK expantion the quantum magnetic oscillations are modulated by the three factors: the temperature factor (gives the effective electron masses), the Dingle factor (gives the scattering times), and the spin-factor (gives the g-factor). The modern low-dimensional conductors are characterized by numerous features which are beyond the LK approach. Among these are: the chemical potential oscillations, incoherence and absence of the 3D Fermi surface, magnetic breakdown, charge- and spin-density waves, electron correlations, and localization. All the above phenomena can be incorporated into the theory of the quantum magnetic oscillations in the low-dimensional conductors on a basis of the generalized modulation factor approach. This approach yields new additional factors in the LK series related to each of the above phenomena and helps to explains some unusual results in the field

http://www.magniel.com/hmtj/conferences/highmag2004/abstracts/gvozdikov.html

probably a long shot and totally wrong, but whatever.

but you never know with tool

Ryan
12-30-2005, 12:58 AM
"lmao, kidding"

BMB

/V\agina
12-30-2005, 04:19 AM
My god.. you bumped a dead thread.. But actually, it was a good thing. I like metalforever's idea though.

LarK's Tounges in Aspic??? a cover?? yeah......no.... of course not

moneyisevil
12-30-2005, 11:45 AM
LK = not on the album

Kurt Russell
01-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Linux Kernel

Ryan
01-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Little Kittens

Ryan
01-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Lui Kang

fraz
01-16-2006, 11:37 PM
what's with all the cat avatar's - everone is turning into a cat

Tertius Oculum
01-17-2006, 04:44 AM
Watch, LK is one of the songs that gets cut from the album, and will show up in the next album. (Heavily altered.)

5th Eye
01-17-2006, 05:45 AM
They'll probably never tell us, but will it really matter? Will it ever matter at all?

No. No it won't.

Odibilëph
01-17-2006, 05:47 AM
the next album.
lollerz!

Mooseifer
01-17-2006, 06:19 AM
LK-holic?

Odibilëph
01-17-2006, 07:36 AM
^ I like.

Self_Destructive
01-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Little Kittens
That would be sweet but I'll stick with Lion King...

millermt
01-17-2006, 08:08 AM

I started the dead cat fad...

TurdEye13
01-17-2006, 08:45 AM
LK-holic?

I wouldn't count on it

Mooseifer
01-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't count on it

well Maynard has a vineyard and for Adams birthday they mentioned shots of absinthe...

so why not?

Jolz
01-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Hmm could it be the initials for Maynard's dad?

Isac Khrondor
01-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Hmm could it be the initials for Maynard's dad?

Good thinking.

It'd be cool to hear Nard singing about his dad..

That's if he knew his dad.

Nebel
01-17-2006, 03:11 PM
What's his dads name?

gerbil
01-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Leonard Kennan.

Isac Khrondor
01-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Lithaniuel Keenan.

Wretched
01-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Lube Knots

BatterY316
01-17-2006, 04:33 PM
labamba knoodle

Prana
01-17-2006, 04:41 PM
since the album is supposed to be heavier maybe it sounds Like Korn....L.K.
and yes, for the record i am being sarcastic and i'm retarded

gerbil
01-17-2006, 05:57 PM
since the album is supposed to be heavier maybe it sounds Like Korn....L.K.
and yes, for the record i am being sarcastic and i'm retarded

Thanks for clarifying.

Prana
01-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks for clarifying.
Yea, i didn't want to leave any room for doubt or question...it's simple....i'm an idiot

mike09
01-17-2006, 06:59 PM
yeah you are

Prana
01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
yeah you are
Thanks man....oh and by the way, i said it...so...what are you getting at?

SpiralOutKeepGoing
01-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Lesbian Kong. The obvious choice.

Ryan
01-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Long Kitchen

Hodge
01-17-2006, 10:06 PM
sri lanka

Unintelligible_Whispering
01-17-2006, 10:32 PM
lonkey kong

Goldfoot
01-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Life Kills

hellboy1975
01-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Licking Kats

pdictter
01-18-2006, 02:43 AM
look kaka?

p.s - havent been here in ages. :-)

Nebel
01-18-2006, 02:50 AM
it's a song about the popular dessert...

lemon kisses

Unintelligible_Whispering
01-19-2006, 06:55 PM
so we can safely assume that LK is the epic song that isn't finished yet as blair refers to it as the epic song in the jan newsletter, and said the epic track was the only one not mixed in blairs reply to millermt.
i seriously doubt LK is still the title of the song though, kinda lke 987/Lateralus.

Goldfoot
01-19-2006, 06:59 PM
so we can safely assume that LK is the epic song that isn't finished yet as blair refers to it as the epic song in the jan newsletter, and said the epic track was the only one not mixed in blairs reply to millermt.
i seriously doubt LK is still the title of the song though, kinda lke 987/Lateralus.

He says the entity has a sense of humor in naming the epic track.........someone on here said that probably means they changed the title.

Ertai
01-19-2006, 07:20 PM
He says the entity has a sense of humor in naming the epic track.........someone on here said that probably means they changed the title.

or one song is going to have a crazy name, like they've done in the past with ones like hooker with a penis or stinkfist...

im sure we will see one song at least with an obscene name, but can be taken many ways... because thats just tool

as for initals for any songs, i just dont tool would leave only initals unless it was some symbol or something.

6r36
01-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Liu Kang

Ryan
01-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Liu Kang

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=24216&page=4&pp=40

Lui Kang

*slap*

Hodge
01-19-2006, 07:40 PM
lion king 3

6r36
01-19-2006, 07:43 PM
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=24216&page=4&pp=40

*slap*
my post was much better

Ryan
01-19-2006, 07:49 PM
no, mine had a typo. therefore it was better.

+void+
01-20-2006, 01:57 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned it yet...it's so obvious...

LK = Low Kick (you know from Street Fighter)

Fulcanelli
01-20-2006, 11:11 AM
I already posted this in another thread but:

LK = Lord Kimbolt (from the X-Files)... a sequel to "Faaip de Oiad?"

Anyhow, I think Blair's clues point to the song (or another song) having something to do with gnosticism.

orange.juice
01-20-2006, 03:48 PM
a Letter to K.I.T.T.

millermt
01-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Lucifer's Kingdom

Ryan
01-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Like, Kewl.

orange.juice
01-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Limbo Kontest

SpiralReflection
01-21-2006, 09:10 AM
A tribute to Lil Kim

TurdEye13
01-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Lemon Kilt

Ryan
01-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Lame Kinesis

Mooseifer
01-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Log Kabin

Love Kabir?

Hubbard
01-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Who knows? - Donald Rumsfeld

Odibilëph
01-21-2006, 12:06 PM
what?

hanger25934
01-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Listening Kills

dracomordag
01-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Lots of Kn00bs

hanger25934
01-21-2006, 10:22 PM
you guys and your " noob " jokes....................

ARMZ
01-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Loose Kaboose

Ryan
01-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Elk, Aye?

orange.juice
01-22-2006, 08:08 AM
livers & kidneys

Nebel
01-22-2006, 08:09 AM
L.K. are my initials :)

orange.juice
01-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Lady Knight

TenSpeed
01-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Lick Karpet

dracomordag
01-22-2006, 11:19 AM
hahahaha
that made me laugh

good job

i do what i can

orange.juice
01-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Leap of the Kangaroo.

InertUniformity
01-24-2006, 10:13 PM
L.Ron Kubbard

InertUniformity
01-24-2006, 10:17 PM
"lmao, kidding"

BMB

this really made me laugh

Goldfoot
01-25-2006, 12:31 AM
this really made me laugh

Haha, yeah, that is a good one.

Ryan
01-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Lebanese Kebab

Tertius Oculum
01-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Lingering Kill

Ryan
01-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Languid Kundalini

Tertius Oculum
01-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Longest Kock

InertUniformity
01-25-2006, 12:59 AM
according to wikipedia...LK is code for Sri Lanka and the IATA code for Air Luxor airline...how enlightening

Ryan
01-25-2006, 01:02 AM
If you search L.K. with google you'll find alot references to the Bible with LK being Luke and his stories.

So linking this to the Epic nature of the Song Luke has to do with Star Wars. Thus I think the song LK will be Grand Opera Epic Style Sci-fi song.

Or is this too far fetched? lmao

sounds completely plausible!

InertUniformity
01-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Ryan. come up with more LK names...so far yours have been the best

InertUniformity
01-25-2006, 01:16 AM
lustmord's kunt

Ryan
01-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Lord Karnak

InertUniformity
01-25-2006, 01:20 AM
my mind is blown

InertUniformity
01-25-2006, 01:40 AM
lusty knave

Ryan
01-25-2006, 01:41 AM
Lightning Kite

InertUniformity
01-25-2006, 01:44 AM
perhaps a song about a chinese gorilla? Ling Kong?

Christoff
01-25-2006, 10:33 AM
And it gets worse, LK 18 because Blair taught it was 18 minutes long but Adam told him it was 15 minutes long:

Luke 18:15-17

15 Then they also brought infants to Him that He might touch them; but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them.

16 But Jesus called them to Him and said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.

"Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."

I like this interpretation of the LK thing.

Fulcanelli
01-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Lick Knob

mike09
01-25-2006, 11:04 AM
And it gets worse, LK 18 because Blair taught it was 18 minutes long but Adam told him it was 15 minutes long:

Luke 18:15-17

15 Then they also brought infants to Him that He might touch them; but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them.

16 But Jesus called them to Him and said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.

"Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."

What the hell does that have to do with the song, though?

mike09
01-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Friggin nothing I guess! Just googled L.K. and posted things wich where in a way related to Tool in a distant connection throught the universe, wich ofcourse has to be activated by pushing the envelope.

Oh, that must be why. I haven't pushed the envelope yet. Hell, I haven't even sent Maynard more money yet.

InertUniformity
01-25-2006, 01:42 PM
^ nice

Christoff
01-25-2006, 04:49 PM
It is my opinion that Maynard, as a student of esoteric subjects, is heavily immersed in Esoteric Christianity, which, though far from 'conventional' Christianity in approach, is close, or even closer, to the true teachings of the spiritual leader.

I really feel that you may have touched on something intrinsically important to the forthcoming album McRoggles, though as a disclaimer I will say that this next album is more likely to be a big "FUCK OFF" to TOOL fans, all in good jest of course. There is a certain Masochism within the TOOL fan base that allow TOOL to be complete twats while increasing their appeal.

On a different note, LK happens to be the initials that fishing boats from my home town of Lerwick use.

etaipo
01-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Lateralus Killer

Nemesis
01-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Lateralus Killer

That might be right!

Nebel
01-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Loving Kiwis

InertUniformity
01-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Lateralus Killer

This one has actually crossed my mind a few times to be honest...pretty preposterous indeed

Ryan
01-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Lateralus Killer

my god, you've cracked it!

InertUniformity
01-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Larry King

ARMZ
01-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Lick Koont

Ryan
01-25-2006, 10:32 PM
song description:

Long, K?

dracomordag
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
song description:

Long, K?

+1

daydreamer
01-28-2006, 07:53 AM
LiaKo

s ti N Kfizt
01-28-2006, 11:37 AM
song description:

Long, K?

+0

(0 isn't bad, minus is)

moneyisevil
01-28-2006, 12:23 PM
LK = an unrecognizable new track name because they gave up on the "working" title

TurdEye13
01-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Lennon Killed

moneyisevil
01-28-2006, 12:36 PM
^ i doubt it

Nebel
01-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Lion King

millermt
01-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Lesbian Kiss

mike09
01-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Lucifer Kevlar

Goldfoot
01-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Lion King

Is that a joke?

hanger25934
01-28-2006, 09:14 PM
this whole fuckin thread is a joke lol

Goldfoot
01-28-2006, 09:23 PM
this whole fuckin thread is a joke lol

Lion King has already been discussed.

orange.juice
01-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Leather Knuckles

hanger25934
01-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Lion King has already been discussed.
obviously

Nebel
01-29-2006, 02:04 AM
Is that a joke?

Excuse me for not memorising 4 pages of LK guesses.

Ryan
01-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Large Kangaroo

ARMZ
01-29-2006, 02:55 AM
Lachelle Korby

Isac Khrondor
01-29-2006, 05:24 AM
Is that a joke?

Are you a joke?

s ti N Kfizt
01-29-2006, 06:55 AM
i think Lion King would be GREAT. but the lyrics shouldn't be about the movie..(which is good but..).

Naga Royal Guard
01-29-2006, 07:03 AM
wow this thread exists still

Ryan
01-29-2006, 07:20 AM
Lodged Komplaint

ARMZ
01-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Lemme Kum

merkabalus
01-30-2006, 04:08 AM
Lethal Kolonoscopy

/V\agina
01-30-2006, 05:22 AM
Lemmy Kilmister

Maybe he's a guest vocalist on the track.