a double LP|Stang would be awesome

symbiosis
01-10-2005, 11:15 PM

lame...

MrMcPheezy
01-10-2005, 11:31 PM
I'd love it.

However, from what I've heard of the album (it being heavy, song-based) I'm not sure their approach to this record would really work as a double lp.

SaTaNs_LiTtLe_HeLpEr
01-11-2005, 05:42 AM
If SOAD can do it, our boys can too:)
But it'll take our boys longer due to their height of sophistication.

IC
01-11-2005, 06:20 AM
lame...
wow man..yes. very

Dhalz
01-11-2005, 08:49 AM
I think that any tool release is a good idea. If they have enough brilliant music for a double then fine if not then fine.

IC
01-12-2005, 06:13 AM
i supose that would be the result

ARMZ
01-12-2005, 06:50 AM
hmm I'd love to see a double album, fuck yes with a book and a dvd too. Hidden in the books front hard cover is a third disc, oh yea that what be sweeeeet.

what about if the double album was like this,
Disc 1 songs that average 8-12 minutes aenema and lateralus like, where the songs take you on a journey.

Disc 2 songs that average 3-4 minutes opiate and undertow like, where the songs are quick and punch you in the face.

Disc 3 just 1 song that goes for 80 minutes.

fiddely dee

randomspiral
01-12-2005, 08:47 AM
LOL .....Tool has become like a drug ....everyone is fiending more and more.....haha i feel u guys man, but a double LP is probably impossible and usually they are wack, the only reason they make doubles is to up their sales and give the consumer the thought that he is getting his moneys worth.........anyway i dont think the guys would ever compromise money for their art......they are well off, and plus that would probably take em about 10 years to make considering their average albumn drops.......its good to dream though=)

MrMcPheezy
01-12-2005, 08:48 AM
hmm I'd love to see a double album, fuck yes with a book and a dvd too. Hidden in the books front hard cover is a third disc, oh yea that what be sweeeeet.

what about if the double album was like this,
Disc 1 songs that average 8-12 minutes aenema and lateralus like, where the songs take you on a journey.

Disc 2 songs that average 3-4 minutes opiate and undertow like, where the songs are quick and punch you in the face.

Disc 3 just 1 song that goes for 80 minutes.

fiddely dee

Hey dipshit, take a look at everyone else's avatars.

TheInsideSource
01-12-2005, 09:36 AM
LOL .....Tool has become like a drug ....everyone is fiending more and more.....haha i feel u guys man, but a double LP is probably impossible and usually they are wack, the only reason they make doubles is to up their sales and give the consumer the thought that he is getting his moneys worth.........anyway i dont think the guys would ever compromise money for their art......they are well off, and plus that would probably take em about 10 years to make considering their average albumn drops.......its good to dream though=)

Yes, obviously the only reason artists/bands release double LP's is for more money... God, you're such an ignorant fool...

The only thing that you said in that post that is intelligent was "i don't think the guys would ever compromise money for their art"... That is true... Along with "Tool has become like a drug", but that's always been true...

Back on topic, who are you to say that Tool wouldn't be able to release a double LP... Everyone had their doubts about the genius known as Trent Reznor, but 'The Fragile' is a masterpiece...

So just have faith and we "might" just get that double LP... Which would be incredible!

lastrose
01-12-2005, 10:59 AM
However, from what I've heard of the album (it being heavy, song-based) I'm not sure their approach to this record would really work as a double lp.
The thing about lateralus is that while it's nearly 80 minutes long, it seems much, much shorter when I listen to it all the way through. There's only seven full songs on it.

If they had some really long songs for this new record (which I hope they do. a half hour song would rock), it could easily be spread out onto two discs. Just because it's going to be heavy doesn't mean it won't require some buildup.

they also have plenty of leftover material from lateralus which could be re-worked for the album.

just dreaming...

IC
01-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Yes, obviously the only reason artists/bands release double LP's is for more money... God, you're such an ignorant fool...

The only thing that you said in that post that is intelligent was "i don't think the guys would ever compromise money for their art"... That is true... Along with "Tool has become like a drug", but that's always been true...

Back on topic, who are you to say that Tool wouldn't be able to release a double LP... Everyone had their doubts about the genius known as Trent Reznor, but 'The Fragile' is a masterpiece...

So just have faith and we "might" just get that double LP... Which would be incredible!
O I fucking hate trent reznor. I wouldnt be a hard core NIN fan if his shit wasnt so damn catchy though. WARNING- NIN SUCKS BALLS- do not listen to them- His stuff is too catchy, even while it is completely devoid of rhytm or tone for the most part!! but its just that catchy. Just think up a melody thats sad and sing any of his lyrics, one right into the next one:

slave screams the ruiner's a collector
he's an infector
serving his shit to his flies
maybe there will come a day when those that you keep blind will suddenly realize
maybe it's a part of me you took to a place i hoped it would never go
and maybe that fucked me up much more than you'll ever know
i'm hard as fucking steel, i've got the power
i'm every inch a man, and i'll show you somehow
me and my fucking gun
nothing can stop me now
lost my shit because of you
nothing can stop me now
cause i don't care anymore
nothing can stop me now
cause i don't care
broken bruised forgotten sore
too fucked up to care anymore
poisoned to my rotten core
too fucked up to care anymore

yeah so

Chris_Brightwell
01-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Umm ... Ænima *is* a double LP.

Look up details on the vinyl. :)

Chris_Brightwell
01-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey dipshit, take a look at everyone else's avatars.
Fixed.

IC
01-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Fixed.
nice

ARMZ
01-12-2005, 07:38 PM
suck my left nut

ARMZ
01-12-2005, 08:09 PM
hmm what happened to my avatar?

psyche!

Glass Onion
01-13-2005, 07:18 AM
It would be interesting if TOOL did a double album consisting of three or four epic songs, spread out over the two discs. This is what YES did on their album 'Tales From Topographic Oceans'. Both bands have the ability to draw the listener into their own 'world' and both bands tend to have the 15 minute epics.

'Tales From Topographic Oceans' consists of four twenty or so minute songs, and this 'engulfs' the listener into the world of the 'Topographic Oceans..'. So it would be interesting to hear what TOOL's world of 'epics' would sound like if they were to do a similar album (which they won't, i'm just at college and bored). The prospect of four or five twenty minute Third Eye'ish sounding songs is enough to make me start salivating. Napkin please!

However, 'Tales From Topographic Oceans' is one of those albums that people love or hate. As Cd's weren't around at the time, YES made each song last for one side of vinyl. This is why some people hate it because they think it has too much 'padding', or unnecessary bits. Others love it because the 'Topographic Oceans...' is just like an ocean of music to get lost in and drift off too. And I like it for that reason. Some say that if Cd's were around at the time, the songs on 'Tales...' wouldn't have been as long, and we would have had a shorter, more potent YES album. Even the keyboardist at the time, Rick Wakeman, left because he thought the album had too much filler. But I like it just the way it is, so it would be interesting to see if TOOL did an album consisting entirely of epic songs, or with a lot of epic songs, to see what kind of world they can create.

'Tales From Toolographic Oceans...?'

'Tools From Taleographic Oceans...?'

Maybe not, but it'll be interesting whatever it is.

randomspiral
01-13-2005, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=TheInsideSource]Yes, obviously the only reason artists/bands release double LP's is for more money... God, you're such an ignorant fool...

I didnt say they cant do it i said they wont do it, thats what i meant when i said impossible.

IC
01-20-2005, 06:08 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tool

symbiosis
01-25-2005, 09:17 AM
but 'The Fragile' is a masterpiece...

For a person that points out people's intellegence in posts, you surely are not very bright yourself . . .

IC
01-25-2005, 05:33 PM
somedays I love the fragile cause I forget about how easy it was to make..
and other days I realize its shit. except for the frail, and la mer cause its got live drums and cool polyrhythms.

MrMcPheezy
01-25-2005, 07:09 PM
What the fuck do you mean how easy it was to make?

If you believe that, then you're obviously an idiot.

IC
01-26-2005, 04:50 PM
In a sense, I was being very sacastic in that comment.

Fortunate Son
02-17-2005, 11:30 AM
'Tales From Topographic Oceans' consists of four twenty or so minute songs, and this 'engulfs' the listener into the world of the 'Topographic Oceans..'.

Lord I can't stand that album. But then again, I don't like Yes, so I can't give an objective review.

If Tool did the exact same thing I would probably love it.

IC
02-17-2005, 02:08 PM
word