PDA

View Full Version : Aenema, Aenima

posphorós
01-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Here is my suggestion to solve the enigma of the Aenema and Aenima thing:
In latin the "Ae" is used like the "E" (Caesar, Et Caetera, Praetor "et caetera") so we can change that "Ae" for an "E", the result: "ENEMA". Now, an enema is a medical practice, that is done in order to clean all the shit of your large intestine, how? by pumping water into it, it's something similar to what Maynard's saying in Aenema.
It's only a suggestion, but it sounds very logical to me, I hope it does for you too.

spiralion
01-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Godamn, it seems that there must be like 20 threads here that are devoted to the AE thing and why the words are spelled that way. This is your first post and it shows. Go read the Tool Faq on this site and come back when you've figured it out.

Cronos
02-03-2003, 06:05 PM
That doesn't explain the fact that AEnima is the album name and if you use latin, it's Enima, and that means...didly squat. For the album name it's AEnima, turned into Anima, look it up, for the song name its AEneme, turned into Enema, you know what that is.

There is no Anema, or Enima. Well there might be an Anema, but I doubt it, you look it up, I'm lazy. Look it up while you look up Anima. Thanks buddy.

Phosphoros
02-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by spiralion
Godamn, it seems that there must be like 20 threads here that are devoted to the AE thing and why the words are spelled that way. This is your first post and it shows. Go read the Tool Faq on this site and come back when you've figured it out. I think you are the one that has to go and see that fucking FAQ again, because however it says they have different meanings, it doesn't say what are those meanings. I think it is also my fault, for I didn't explain myself correctly, what I wanted to explain was the meaning for AENEMA, not the meaning for AENIMA, (I have no suggestions for that meaning.) or the difference between them. And about that thing you said about my first message, experience is not all, it's a shame they can't analize posts and only count them. Because even a silly guy that posts stupid things can have the title of loquacious, if you know what I mean. Thank you buddy, have a nice day.

Hogpile
02-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Hey phosphoros, let me give you a little advice man. See that little ranking by your name? Well evidently more than a few dim-witted fuckwads on this site thinks that ranking makes their opinion actually means something. (e.g. your friend Cronos there) These morons seem to spend their every waking moment making three billion posts a week shitting on everyone who hasn't read the faq sheet(cause its a fucking bible man, can't breathe without the faq sheet) trying to sound intelligent, picking their asses, and basicly making me laugh my ass off. Don't take this site so seriously man. I used to try and post some meaningful ideas to spur some insights and opinions from fellow tool fans, until I realized that most of the people on this site don't have a fucking clue. Or a fucking job for that matter. lol. Anyway phosphoros, think what you want man, and fuck the faq sheet. If you really do care what it says about the a and e in aenima though, I remember it saying that it was an animoly made up by the band. It is nothing more than a symbol they made up, probably deriving from latin roots.

Phosphoros
02-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Hogpile
Hey phosphoros, let me give you a little advice man. See that little ranking by your name? Well evidently more than a few dim-witted fuckwads on this site thinks that ranking makes their opinion actually means something. (e.g. your friend Cronos there) These morons seem to spend their every waking moment making three billion posts a week shitting on everyone who hasn't read the faq sheet(cause its a fucking bible man, can't breathe without the faq sheet) trying to sound intelligent, picking their asses, and basicly making me laugh my ass off. Don't take this site so seriously man. I used to try and post some meaningful ideas to spur some insights and opinions from fellow tool fans, until I realized that most of the people on this site don't have a fucking clue. Or a fucking job for that matter. lol. Anyway phosphoros, think what you want man, and fuck the faq sheet. If you really do care what it says about the a and e in aenima though, I remember it saying that it was an animoly made up by the band. It is nothing more than a symbol they made up, probably deriving from latin roots. Hahahaha, thank you buddy, I'll take your advice, and I agree with you.

Hogpile
02-07-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Phosphoros
Hahahaha, thank you buddy, I'll take your advice, and I agree with you.

No prob man. Also the faq sheet has a whole lot of information in it that I've found to be false anyway. Thinking for yourself is the main thing the band tries to inspire in people, thats why they fuck with their fans so much. They don't want people depending on them for how to believe and what to think. I went to the tool show in Long Beach last year, and Maynard even gave a speech about how he hopes that him and the rest of the band will become obsolete through people being inspired to the point where they no longer need a "voice" to help them find the things they should already be looking for. Sometimes when you over-analyze shit, it becomes too cloudy to see the point of it all. I think tools a kick ass band, but I don't think their a lifestyle, or a state of mind like alot of the mentally deprived people on here seem to think. I like looking at life through my own shitty outlook. I do my thinking for myself.

spiralion
02-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Hogpile, I like you(r style) and enjoy reading what you have to say because it kinda puts things into another perspective. Keep up the good work.

Cronos
02-09-2003, 11:09 AM
When have I ever used my rank to fall back on, to prove the validity of my posts?

The FAQ was made for a specific reason, and it's there for people to start from.

"Make ABSOLUTELY sure this is where you want to be. We have been getting quite a few New Thoughts that should've been Replies in other threads. Please be careful when replying/posting a new thought."

This post could just as well have been a reply to the many other threads like this.

You are even urged to read the FAQ before posting, so as to not waste time and space and to keep these boards worth reading as stated.

If you read enough Maynard interviews or read enough about tool you would know that I am right about the AEnima/AEnema thing. To the point that the album name was intentionally AEnima, to go with the Anima theory by Carl Jung. Maynard mentions Jung a lot, and his philosophies and teachings. AEnima=Anima. AEnema most likely equates to Enema. There are enough hints in the song to maybe make an educated guess that this is about giving LA an Enema. Maynard even said live, "I think giving everyone an Enema would be a good thing, it would certainly flush all this shit away." Something to that extent. Saying that about the song. In the song he says, "Flush it all away." Like you're doing when you flush the shit out of your bowels with an Enema.

Before you go off on a tangent against others you should probably learn to back up your facts, maybe get some interviews to back yourself up, or quotes from live performances. It's one thing to claim your intelligent, but it's another to discredit another's with no actual facts.

I have absolutely no reason to be lying about these Maynard interviews speaking of Jung, or his discussion over the song. I don't need to lie in order to prove myself right. Maynard could have been pulling our chain about the whole AEnema discussion, but he never even told us that's what it meant. He was being vague, and before the song said that as a funny little side comment. He never explicitly said it's about giving LA an Enema, but if you want to take that as the meaning from his comment, you can. That's what I'm sticking with.

You're the one who should think before you run your mouth off. If you are going to try and come up with a new meaning to a song, or explain something try and base it off more fact, and proof then. Getting all defensive and hostile against me has really shown me nothing.

ObviousParadox
02-10-2003, 04:07 PM
t's one thing to claim YOURintelligent

nice...

4th Eye
02-11-2003, 03:33 AM
The number of your posts don't prove your intelligence but the content of your posts give some direction of your IQ.

And about the "Ænema, Ænima" thing I agree with Cronos. I read somewhere that the song and the album wasn't ought to be about same issue. Anima is a jungian term meaning some kinda crossdresser (Hooker with a Penis??) and has something to do with soul....if I remember right. Don't really know what the theme of the whole album is. And enema fits to Ænema's theme.

Hogpile
02-11-2003, 06:09 AM
My point Cronos, was that too many people that post on this site think that their shit don't stink and seem to have a superiority complex. Who gives a fuck if some new guy did'nt read the faq sheet? His opinion is as good as mine.

jpmanson
02-11-2003, 06:24 AM
My point Cronos, was that too many people that post on this site think that their shit don't stink and seem to have a superiority complex. Who gives a fuck if some new guy did'nt read the faq sheet? His opinion is as good as mine.

my shit dont stink.. i am better than you..

read the damn faq.. im right, youre wrong.....

ÆæÆæÆæÆ

Cronos
02-11-2003, 11:47 AM

I was only stating my case. You may be pissed at people who go around telling everyone to read the FAQ. But you were addressing me for the most part. Don't.

I only brought up an interesting counter point. Which is my opinion on the topic.

In this instance it would be better for him to read the FAQ. You should at least have some previous knowledge before posting something that will not spur any conversation.

This got conversation started because it turned into a debate about the FAQ, it's way off course now.

Hogpile
02-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Cronos, hmmmmmmm. My whole point being, the faq is garbage. Why should the faq matter when most of the content is bullshit anyway. I read some of the faq, and some of it was correct and some was asswipe. Point being that those who read the faq and those who don't are one in the same. We only know what we're willing to find out on our own. This guy posted something he felt like expressing and numbnuts like yourself come in and tell everyone "what the deal is" I laugh at your arrogant presumptions. As far as addressing you goes, I'll address you on whatever terms I see fit. Have a nice day.

Phosphoros
02-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Look Cronos, What I said was exactly(almost) what you said now, beleive me, it's not on the FAQ, I checked it twice, For I would not put anything that is already there, that is illogical. However I think I didn't express myself correctly, you know, I have a problem of expression, for my native language is not English, and eventhough, I tried. What I wanted to say is that if you remove the "AE", and put an "E" instead (I have already explained about latin roots, so you know why you should change it) the result is "ENEMA" and yes, the song says something simillar to a giant Enema, removing all the shit (that are those people Maynard describes)with water. And about the Faq, I agree with Cronos. You look like religious authorities: "You have to read the bible in order to be good." however, like in everything in this life, both are correct, because however the FAQ has some wrong things, it also provides some true (and good) information. To end this post, I would like to say that jpmanson is a little brained being , you are not even funny.
Thank You

Cronos
02-12-2003, 06:22 PM
Hogpile, in my case, this time, the FAQ was right. So it acted as verification that my position in this squabble is right. You're right some things aren't exactly right. It is just assumptions by the fans and not verified. So the meaning are up for interpretation. However, the FAQ can be backed up, and this time about this topic, it proved useful.

I apologize to you Phosphoros. Maybe I did misunderstand the topic starter. I'm not saying no one is allowed to stray from the FAQ, but we are allowed to use the FAQ to show or disprove the validity of some points on the boards. Then we are free to do more digging, to back up that information. The FAQ is only wrong on stupid things, it has plenty of correct, right information in it. Kabir is no idiot.

If the FAQ is so wrong let's see something that is wrong, and make it something that's actually a big deal.

Hogpile
02-13-2003, 06:58 AM
Cronos this will be my last reply on this subject, since this site was not really intended for these kind of debates. I understand that Kabir is no idiot, but my point about the faq is that it does not really contain any info that most Tool fans cannot aquire themselves, either through reading interviews, cd liners, or by visiting www.Toolband.com Some of the information on this faq is true, but thats because the "facts" that it states were no secrets to anyone who really pays attention to what tool has to say in the first place. On the other hand about 75% of what I have read of the faq is speculation or theory about what tool is trying to say, either by Kabir, or by others. As far as tool's thematic elements go, I would say that our guess (yours, mine, phosphoros) is as good as theirs. As far as the faq being wrong and giving examples of it, heres my say on that. Cronos, I don't know how long you've been listening to tool, but I would guess that its been quite awhile. So man, go read the faq again and YOU tell me. I did'nt even read the whole thing because it was long and repetitive and bored the living shit out of me. But I read enough to know that I saw alot of holes in it. Take the bands history or bios if you will. Do you not detect a hint of sarcasm in say, Danny Carey's reason why he started practicing with them? Jokes my friend, jokes. Before the Lateralus tour, what were Tool's stage shows like? Nothing but the music. Not numerous photo shoots, or interviews, or promotions, just music. No elaborate stage shows. Maynard used to say that he could actually go out into the crowd at Ozzfest after tool played and no one would recoqnize him because hardly anyone knows what he even looks like. How many clear photos of the members of Tool do you see lying around? Remember the Lachyramology or whatever theme that AEnima was supposedly about? All bullshit. A mindfuck for those who need to be held by the hand. What does this tell me? That the band wants the music to speak for itself. They don't want or need their personal views, feelings, or lives to intertwine with what doesn't need to be defined. I think Tool's point to it all is: if you get it, you get it. If you don't-then take it anyway you want to.

Cronos
02-13-2003, 05:33 PM
I guess you're forgetting a very simple reminder from Kabir and in the very FAQ we know and love that could have shortened your post a little.

"B. A Note About Salt

It is worth mentioning that much of what Tool says, you need to take with a HUGE grain of salt. A lot of it is made up (an interview hinting at 24-minute songs, and an April Fools' prank about a highway accident come to mind), so be careful when you choose to believe something you are being told. If anything, it is probably a good reminder that we should exercise our best judgment and not be sheep in the herd. (One of Tool's main messages seems to be that people need to think for themselves more.) After all, the falsehoods are usually well told, but do tend to seem a bit peculiarly off-the-wall. Best of luck.
[This note was quoted in the Official Lollapalooza 1997 Magazine.] "

Though that more pertains to things the band says to interviewers and people they don't really care for. Kabir did a good job of sifting through the salt so to speak.

The whole "Lachyramology" thing, I heard was spoken about where the band name Tool was derived from. Which is said to be a theraputic(sp?) TOOL of crying to heal oneself and get better sleep. Something like that. Such as Fight Club, crying in a man's bitch tits.

I didn't hear that about the album name.

I didn't read all the FAQ, mostly just the album parts of the FAQ.

Phosphoros
02-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Ok, Cronos don't worry, and what I wanted to say is that I agreed with Hogpile, but that doesn't mean anyone is wrong, each one is correct, it's just a matter of points of view.

Wild_T
03-06-2003, 08:07 PM
You know, out of all these posts about the meaning of the song\album title, about half of it was all of you complaining and arguing with each other. Not to say there weren't some intelligent ideas, it just gets drowned out by the screaming flood of bloody bullshit.

You know, I once read a valuable bit of advice: "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics -- Even if you win, you're still retarded."

Get back on track!

Phosphoros
03-08-2003, 09:35 AM
I totally disagree with you, it is said that arguing intelleigently or dialogating helps the brain gain ability & intelligence, the greeks thought this so they did it. Anyway, just my point of view.

Delenda est Bush! (et ecclesia)