PDA

View Full Version : what it means to me

TvAndDrugsLoveChild
01-04-2005, 01:06 PM
the lyrics "i want to believe you. i want to trust you. i want to have faith to put away the dagger but you lie, cheat, and steal." reminds me of when i first started hanging out with a new group of friends. they would go and buy pot for me. since i was young and stupid, they would rip me off. at first they only hung out with me because i had money and i would always smoke them up. i hung out with them because i liked to get high. then we all became friends. i relized what they had done to me in the past and it was hard for me to trust them after that.

the lyrics "you are not innocent. no one is innocent" helps me reflect on the whole situation. I relized that it was wrong what they had done to me but in the same sense i had forgotten that before we became friends i made fun of them for not being what we like to call "preppies." those lyrics helped me to forgive my friends as they had forgiven me also.

IC
01-12-2005, 02:50 PM
cool man. but my friends never made me pay ;)

fretforyourfigure462
12-12-2006, 12:45 PM
It's so awesome that most of Tool songs can be applied to a lot of things that happen to everyone of us.

Imdrowning
07-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Get ur friends to pay you back

InsideTheOutside20
07-11-2007, 02:47 PM
How many times did you post about this song?

liecheatsteal
01-01-2008, 10:47 PM
It's so awesome that most of Tool songs can be applied to a lot of things that happen to everyone of us.

That's because Maynard is a lyrical god. His talent astounds me daily.

*~*»¤«(Đispositioń)»¤«*~*
01-02-2008, 11:13 AM
That's because Maynard is a lyrical god. His talent astounds me daily.
I think you need to get out and listen to some more bands.

Tool_Is_Sick
01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I feel the same way honestly. Tools lyrical message (from what I understand) has changed my life. Why would I wanna go listen to anything else when I find satisfaction while listening to the music I love and that I enjoy on a daily basis. No need to lash out at someone who feels differently than you Dispostion. Yes there ARE..."OTHER"...bands out there but with todays music scene...I'll hand you the touch to run with...i'll stay right here.