PDA

View Full Version : hehe

manifestcontent
11-20-2002, 11:50 AM
aha this song always makes me laugh. i think the reason for having the "satan satan" thing at the end is because some people believe that when you take drugs it pulls you away from God and closer to satan. and then the i'm getting bored i'm getting bored part i think shows how he's getting bored with the same old drugs the same old high and the same old strories about drug enduced behavior. so i think it's pretty straight forward.

povvy
11-22-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by manifestcontent
aha this song always makes me laugh. i think the reason for having the "satan satan" thing at the end is because some people believe that when you take drugs it pulls you away from God and closer to satan. and then the i'm getting bored i'm getting bored part i think shows how he's getting bored with the same old drugs the same old high and the same old strories about drug enduced behavior. so i think it's pretty straight forward.

I've always wondered about the "Satan... Satan" lines. Your view seems to make sense, though.

I still don't have my own opinion on it (well, except that's it's really funny).

Patrick.

umbilicalchemist
01-26-2004, 12:09 PM
i think that the "satan satan" thing it's just a joke about
the albums that have a really secret 'hidden track' and if u
listen carefully u can hear SATAN SATAN..

maynard gives this chance to us but he's getting bored again
so he finds another funny thing which obviously is acid..

AllforUnity
02-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Hey...l like that manifestcontent. That's cool. l see exactly what you're saying...he's saying he's getting bored by doing the drugs he started to do to get unbored with in the first place. So does this mean he'll turn back to God?

l guess we'll never know. :-/

FreeYourself
02-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Hey...l like that manifestcontent. That's cool. l see exactly what you're saying...he's saying he's getting bored by doing the drugs he started to do to get unbored with in the first place. So does this mean he'll turn back to God?

I strongly doubt Maynard would even consider going back to god. Was he ever even a Christian?

AllforUnity
02-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Yes, l strongly doubt that as well. Maynard was brought up in a Christian family...reason being he wrote that song for his mother, about how God did the bad things, and yet you still stick by his side type of deal...he was once Christian...l guess blind in society like the rest...but l guess he soon started thinking with a free mind.

But l agree, l strongly doubt Maynard will turn back to God...or at least the Christian God we speak of.

Phosphoros
02-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Yes, I think it's dumb when people say they hate christianity but they let it rule their lives, everytime the hear "religion" they think of christianism and say they hate it, they hear "God" and relate it with the god of the Bible, they are ruled by the same laws they hate, and they don't ignore them, they just complain about them...