PDA

View Full Version : Idea For A Film

AnemicRoyalty
01-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Lyrically this is my favorite Tool song. Reflection operates on som many levels and does so with beautiful imagery and language. I'm want to turn this song into a short film for my Film Production class. I have several good ideas how to relate it to a few situations I have started to write. I'm going to apply it to everyday life, between a personal conflict with the main character. I'd love to hear any suggestions on story ideas or how to go about it. I already started writing a decent script, but i want to try and incorporate the whole song into a modern day short film. Any suggestions????????

reign3
01-30-2003, 09:15 PM
That's a great idea. I think in some ways, this song could apply to all of us at some point in our lives. I think the main character should be somebody who has hurt himself somehow but come across a turning point. Maybe a struggling musician? Not incredibly original, but what is?

Flood
02-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Wow, a video for this song would be incredibly tough. Hope it comes through well.

Nirvana
02-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Its a stupid idea but...

how about a boy... whos got physical problems... maybe hes paranoid... or spiritual... and he comes curiosly close to the end sometimes... he thinks the world is better without him... so he thinks he find peace within the emptiness... (Death)

Because hes paranoid... he hears voices in his head calling him to do some real fucked up things with himself...

But somewhere there is a others ... ( a girl would be cool)... she really likes this person and knows almost everything about this boy... she is the only one he trusts and the only reason that keeps him alive...

She reminds him that she is the only one who helps him
*``The moon tells me a secret - my confidant
As full and bright as I am
This light is not my own and
A million light reflections pass over me``*

He really think shes the only one for him and unnoticed he brings her into his pitifeull hole...

He tries to find the reason... and finnaly he founds one... he knows that his ego is the only enemy... he is his own enemy... that scares him so much...

he prays the light lifts him out... (the light is that girl)...
before he pines away and makes an end to his sorrow...

then she lets him see that we are all one mind... every one is the same.. no one is perfect and you shouldnt think so hard about himself...

maybe you cn end the movie with a good end.. by leaving the boy alive because he had seen the light...

or you can end the movie with an bad end... that he had seen the wrong light... light of dead... and then makes an end to his life...

Well its not very original... and a little stupid... but maybe it gives you some ideas... YOU DECISION... GOOD LUCK...

AnemicRoyalty
02-11-2003, 02:31 PM
thanks for the ideas

Flood
02-12-2003, 03:05 PM
I'd like to see something abstract and creative, like a Tool video...but in fairness you gotta work with what you have.

Trying to direct a video as good as Adam Jones is comparable to Linkin Park having originality. Neither will ever happen.